HEIGHT6-6
WEIGHT242
AGE20 (10/6/00)

Scouting report 

Strengths 

• Route running 
  • Toughness, concentration at the catch point
  • Natural, sure hands
  • Elite-level body control in the air (think DeAndre Hopkins)
  • Excellent ability to high-point slightly off-target throws
  • Fluidity, natural athleticism
  • Loose hips allow him to get in and out of breaks like a WR
  • Creates separation vs. CBs in man coverage using creative releases

Concerns 

• Straight-line speed -- he's not a burner
  • He's a willing blocker, but he has a long way to go in his development as an in-line blocker

Advanced stats to know

• Best YPC (17.9) of all college TEs ever with 40+ receptions, per Rich Hribar of Sharp Football Analysis
  • 27.9% TD rate -- second-best among all college TEs ever (with 40+ receptions), per Hribar
  • 4.91 yards per route run vs. man coverage in 2020 -- third-best of any player, nearly 2 yards per route run more than any other TE, per PFF

I think we stay with Ryan for 1 possibly 2 years and I can’t think of a pick that would help him and the team more. It will allow Ryan to get the ball out quicker it takes the heat off of Jones and we are back with a match up nightmare

Julio Jones

Calvin Ridley

Hayden Hurst

Kyle Pitts

add Gage and with Arthur using multiple TE’s sets good luck.

I do compare this kid to Kelce  and Kittle and I think he can become the best TE in the NFL

The bad news is Philly is salivating for Pitts at 6 rumors are Ertz is on his way out and he’s 30. So unfortunately I don’t see a trade back and we would have to take him at 4. Kinda rich for a TE but imo he’s more of a hybrid and what he could do for this team he’s worth it

•  
  •  
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kyle Pitts FLA • TE • 84 HEIGHT6-6 WEIGHT242 AGE20 (10/6/00) Scouting report  Strengths  Route running  Toughness, concentration at the catch point

He'd be someone that'd increase the longevity of MR similar to a good running game and OL.

No te in the nfl has 4.3 speed. What are you blabbering about?

3 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

There is no point in wasting a first round pick on a tight end, he's just a good receiver but he can't block and doesn't have 4.3 speed so wasting the pick on Pitts is a big mistake. Draft Brevin Jordan or Kenny Yeboah who is a mini Kyle Pitts is more interesting. And finally next year there is Hudson Henry the brother of Hunter Henry who should be at the 2022 draft, in my opinion Hudson is a mix between Travis Kelce and George Kittle in his blocking ability but most importantly he is very underrated. So he can be a steal in 2022. 

But in no way am I saying that Pitts sucks he is very good, but wasting a first round on a receiver is unthinkable for me. If he drops in the 2nd round I'm 100% for it.  

He won’t make it past Philly at 6 but appreciate your reply 

11 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

There is no point in wasting a first round pick on a tight end, he's just a good receiver but he can't block and doesn't have 4.3 speed so wasting the pick on Pitts is a big mistake. Draft Brevin Jordan or Kenny Yeboah who is a mini Kyle Pitts is more interesting. And finally next year there is Hudson Henry the brother of Hunter Henry who should be at the 2022 draft, in my opinion Hudson is a mix between Travis Kelce and George Kittle in his blocking ability but most importantly he is very underrated. So he can be a steal in 2022. 

But in no way am I saying that Pitts sucks he is very good, but wasting a first round on a receiver is unthinkable for me. If he drops in the 2nd round I'm 100% for it.  

No te in the nfl has 4.3 speed. What are you blabbering about?

13 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

It wouldn't be a waste. He'd be BPA and a need based pick. He us a serviceable and willing blocker and will get better with experience. 

Brevin Jordan or Kenny Yeboah aren't in the same stratosphere, although I do like Jordan too.

Preferably we trade back with Philly and still land him. That would be sweet.

1 minute ago, FalconsGM said:

That's just what I was saying about it having nothing more than the other TEs, it's pretty traditional. Even if he is very talented no TE should be selected in the first round in my opinion. And he'll be more of a WR than a pure TE to be honest so there are plenty of WRs in 4.3. Skills player in the first round no thanks, we build a team from the closest to the line to the farthest away

So take a center at 4? Also this 4.3 talk is garbage. Who cares? Henry ruggs ran a 4.3 and justin jefferson didn't. How'd that work out for the raiders?

13 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

That's just what I was saying about it having nothing more than the other TEs, it's pretty traditional. Even if he is very talented no TE should be selected in the first round in my opinion. And he'll be more of a WR than a pure TE to be honest so there are plenty of WRs in 4.3. Skills player in the first round no thanks, we build a team from the closest to the line to the farthest away

What WR is his size and ran a 4.3?

4 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

Calvin Johnson, Chase Claypool, DK Metcalf, Randy Moss, Julio. Even if Julio is 6'3", the others are between 6'4" and 6'5".And all have a 40 between 4.3 and 4.4
Because when I said 4.3 I meant between 4.3 and 4.4, below 4.3 it's very rare for a 6'3" to 6'6". Julio is the only one I know who can go under 4.3 with Randy Moss of course

None of those guys were 240 lbs and 6’6. Only CJ (probably the greatest physical specimen at WR of ALL TIME) was that size and ran a 4.3

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Great talent, but I still can’t fathom the Falcons making the highest drafted TE selection ever. I think Ditka at 5 was highest ever, and there were a bunch in the top 10 

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/te

And he outscored each of his opponents by 200+ points, as both a player and coach. Da Bears. 

I've gone rounds on this subject plenty. I don't dislike him. If we trade back and he's BPA at that point, yeah, it's fine. I have a hard time not chuckling at the idea we'd take a TE at 4 under any circumstances. 

7-10? Maybe, if we've addressed some of our other issues  in FA. 

10+ Makes tons more sense. 

Just now, FalconsGM said:

Nobody said he sucked, and then selecting a TE at 4 doesn't get you to the playoffs. And finally if you think we're going to stay at 4 you're very naive

I don't think we will stay at 4 nor do I want us to stay there...but if we have to choose there I think he is our best bet and BPA

1 hour ago, FalconsGM said:

where do you see that he can't block? He was one of the best blocking TEs in the nation (for a receiving one) this season! Nasty too. Watch the film and do your research! He is also way more athletic than Kelce, closer to a Julio than Kelce

Edited by mtldirtybird
58 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

It wouldn't be a waste. He'd be BPA and a need based pick. He us a serviceable and willing blocker and will get better with experience. 

Brevin Jordan or Kenny Yeboah aren't in the same stratosphere, although I do like Jordan too.

Preferably we trade back with Philly and still land him. That would be sweet.

all of this, but him sliding that far down is a stretch imo.

For those who disagree: If he's a better receiver and bigger and blocks better than the WRs why not take him? Just pretend the letters are WR instead of TE next to his name.

45 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

On the needs? We don't need a TE and if we need a TE2 we won't choose him in the first round. There are much more important needs.

Athletically they are in the same stratosphere as Kyle Pitts. And yes Brevin Jordan is my favorite TE in this draft. But Arthur Smith can turn Brevin or Kenny into Jonnu Smith

If Penei Sewell is not taken in 4 you trade back with CIN and then with PHI, even better that

We have one TE who will be an UFA in a year. AS runs a two TE system. That's a need.

Because of his injury, is there any chance Brevin falls to us in the 3rd with Friermuth also one of the top 3.

I can agree with you on 1st round TEs never living up to the hype, and Brevin is probably more suited in a wide zone offense. I'd rather have him in the 2nd (I don't think he slides to round 3). And he is a better blocker. Hopefully he can add some weight without losing ability. 

Did you know his dad was drafted by the Falcons? So he has pedigree too. Wouldn't mind him at all.

I have Pitts as my first pick in my only mock.. But now I'm really thinking it may be best to take  QB Tray Lance at #8. But I will say,, either one would be great.  Either player would be great to have .. But we probably should take Lance as a backup and future starter.