Falcons haven’t asked Grady for a restructure yet

Am I the only one that wonders why this hasn’t happened yet? Other teams have been dumping salary and moving salaryaround for days now, yet the Falcons have signed a punter and a reserve defensive lineman. 

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Patience my young padawan.

I have zero doubts thee off season roster construction plan has just kicked into gear.

I hope you are right. I’m sure they have a plan, I’m just waiting to see it 

Other teams aren't bringing in BOTH a new GM & HC, so they already know what they've got, what works & what doesn't vs. AS & TF, who have to do a complete evaluation of the roster AND define their goals for the next several years & figure out who is a part of that plan & how you can afford to turn it from a plan to a reality. There's just a whole lot more on their plates with this being year 1 for them both, and it takes time.

12 minutes ago, k-train said:

Other teams aren't bringing in BOTH a new GM & HC, so they already know what they've got, what works & what doesn't vs. AS & TF, who have to do a complete evaluation of the roster AND define their goals for the next several years & figure out who is a part of that plan & how you can afford to turn it from a plan to a reality. There's just a whole lot more on their plates with this being year 1 for them both, and it takes time.

Very true 

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons don't have to be under the cap before March 17. I like they are monitoring the FA veteran cuts before jumping on restructuring. Let them see how much money they need and restructure as needed. 

This

2 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

They needed the hard cap number.  Now they can implement their plan.

and this let the games begin.

3 minutes ago, athell said:

I see we are already at the point in the offseason where if we go 2 hours without Falcon news the front office is sitting on their hands lol

Basically cleaned out the whole FO

All new coaching staff the lot.

Sitting on there hands man if that as described wow that’s funny.

Got to have a whole new process for scouting and no doubt teams will trend around FA signings and what they are prepared to spend with the coming years caps not nailed down.

Busy busy busy.

Some of these contracts have language that doesn't require the players to approve it. I mean they get their money regardless so they may just be working out the details of it and just do it. Or work it out and then present it to his representatives. 

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

No doubt it will all happen pretty quickly.They have to be under the cap by Monday or sometime very soon.

if your over the cap by the deadline whats the punishment isnt it a drafted pick taken away from you

15 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

if your over the cap by the deadline whats the punishment isnt it a drafted pick taken away from you

It’s not that simple. Teams have more than 7 days to be under contract before they can be punished. But it is bad look on the FO and the owners to be non compliant with cap. Most teams have to make a move any ways and not risk the penalties.