Eric Stokes has anyone done research on him ran a 4.26 40 plays for Georgia CB

49 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

He’s fast and can catch the ball. His coverage isn’t up to par with the top guys IMO but he’s one of my more likes CB prospects. Wouldn’t hate him in the second round. 

Yeah, he's in that third round for most teams, I'd bet, and I'd love him more in the 4th for us, if at all. I think there are better options when we pick in almost every round, just by the way our picks fall. 

3 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Yeah, he's in that third round for most teams, I'd bet, and I'd love him more in the 4th for us, if at all. I think there are better options when we pick in almost every round, just by the way our picks fall. 

That was prior to him running what he did. 6'0" 4.3 CB's don't last until the 3rd round.

Just now, Ransack said:

That was prior to him running what he did. 6'0" 4.3 CB's don't last until the 3rd round.

We'll see. He still has flaws that would have to be coached out of him. Speed can harm players' development many times, and he relies on that too much. As somebody mentioned before, that's why you see him getting grabby at times. 

I'm pretty comfortable right now saying  he'll be a late 2 to late 3 pick, but that can change in time. If somebody has an absolutely terrible workout ahead of him, his value will improve. 

11 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

I think he's a solid day 2 guy. He has plenty of skill and obvious speed. Frankly, I don't have a clue why Tyson Campbell is rated above him. Campbell is fairly pedestrian, imo. 

I've been watching Campbell videos lately and he doesn't wow me. I can see the appeal of his athletic traits but I don't see anything special. There are about 5-6 corners I would take before him.

4 minutes ago, 804_Falconfan said:

I've been watching Campbell videos lately and he doesn't wow me. I can see the appeal of his athletic traits but I don't see anything special. There are about 5-6 corners I would take before him.

I hear ya. Heck, Vincent and Brown might not go until the 5th round or later, and I'd take either of them over him as of today.

8 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Very true. And historically, it  always seems like the teams who get caught up in speed numbers over what the film tells them are the ones who draft lots of busts. 

7 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Very true. And historically, it  always seems like the teams who get caught up in speed numbers over what the film tells them are the ones who draft lots of busts. 

I agree with you, a sub 4.3 can garner attention, but if it doesn’t translate into Game speed it won’t move him up much. 

Plus, like someone mentioned, the Pro day had handheld watches, which isn’t as accurate as the Combines digital. 

22 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Stokes was electronically timed but was wind aided.

18 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I agree with you, a sub 4.3 can garner attention, but if it doesn’t translate into Game speed it won’t move him up much. 

Plus, like someone mentioned, the Pro day had handheld watches, which isn’t as accurate as the Combines digital. 

I'm a PA guy and don't follow GA college.. I didn't hear anybody barking about him prior to his 40

Dude has 3 yrs starting experience. All sec 2nd team his 2nd year, all sec 1st team last year. 2nd in sec with 4 int( 2 taken to the house), 1 ff( which was taken to the house). Longest reception given up is 35 yards. 1 td allowed in 3 yrs. People learned to not throw his way. Pluses are he's always in position to make a play on the ball and get his hands between recievers arms to disrupt...has speed to catch up when beaten. Minuses...way to handsy in coverage, doesn't highpoint the ball but rather uses his body to catch(limits interceptions), doesn't get his head around.

Uga db's are undervalued and I don't completely understand why. Stokes is a baller, and was mentored by d baker.

I'm not stumping for him, but he's not jag.

Edited by Williamb
Addition