Jump to content

Your thoughts on picking at the top OF EACH ROUND...


Recommended Posts

We're beating the **** out of our options at pick #4. It's a bloody mess y'all!! :lol: 

So I welcome everyone's thoughts as we sit atop each successive round.  It's a great spot all the way through the draft!

This is shaping up to be an awesome draft with lots of spillover that falls to successive rounds.  Ie: Rd 1 rated prospects dropping to Rd 2, round 2 prospects dropping to Rd 3, etc...

This only adds to the value of a potential drop down & adding more picks.  But if we sit tight at the top of each round, we have first dibs on so much talent that it's overwhelming.

Help!  (in a good way)  Who ya like?????

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So here is where we sit...

  • Round 1 (No. 4 overall)
  • Round 2 (No. 35 overall)
  • Round 3 (No. 68 overall)
  • Round 4 (No. 99 overall)
  • Round 5 (No. 132 overall)
  • Round 6 (No. 163 overall)
  • (Plus Comp Picks TBD)

I mean all the following could potentially be available in the 2nd round...

Alijah Vera-Tucker USC Jr OL 5 6-4 315    
20 Travis Etienne Clemson Sr RB 1 5-10 205    
21 Nick Bolton Missouri Jr LB 3 6-0 232    
22 Rondale Moore Purdue Soph WR 4 5-9 180    
23 Mac Jones Alabama Jr QB 5 6-3 214    
24 Pat Freiermuth Penn St. Jr TE 2 6-5 260    
25 Rashod Bateman Minnesota Jr WR 5 6-2 210    
26 Christian Barmore Alabama Soph DL 2 6-5 310    
27 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah Notre Dame Sr LB 4 6-1 215    
28 Trey Smith Tennessee Sr OL 6 6-6 330    
29 Jalen Mayfield Michigan Jr OL 7 6-5 320    
30 Levi Onwuzurike Washington Sr DL 3 6-3 288    
31 Patrick Jones II Pittsburgh Sr EDGE 2 6-5 260    
32 Samuel Cosmi Texas Jr OL 8 6-7 309    
33 Jevon Holland Oregon Jr S 1 6-1 201    
34 Joseph Ossai Texas Jr LB 5 6-4 253    
35 Hamsah Nasirildeen Florida St. Sr S 2 6-4 220    
36 Deonte Brown Alabama Sr OL 9 6-4 350    
37 Jackson Carman Clemson Jr OL 10 6-5 335    
38 Kyle Trask Florida Sr QB 6 6-5 240    
39 Trevon Moehrig TCU Jr S 3 6-2 202    
40 Jaelan Phillips Miami (Fla.) Jr DL 4 6-5 266    
41 Najee Harris Alabama Sr RB 2 6-2 230    
42 Asante Samuel Jr. Florida St. Jr CB 3 5-10 184    
43 Jaylen Twyman Pittsburgh Jr DL 5 6-2 290    
44 Jaycee Horn South Carolina Jr CB 4 6-1 205    
45 Alex Leatherwood Alabama Sr OL 11 6-6 312    
46 Brevin Jordan Miami (Fla.) Jr TE 3 6-3 245    
47 Dylan Moses Alabama Sr LB 6 6-3 240    
48 Shaun Wade Ohio St. Jr CB 5 6-1 195    
49 Thomas Graham Jr. Oregon Sr CB 6 5-11 196    
50 Hamilcar Rashed Jr. Oregon St. Sr EDGE 3 6-4 235    
51 Josh Myers Ohio St. Jr OL 12 6-5 312    
52 Chris Rumph II Duke Jr EDGE 4 6-4 235    
53 Quincy Roche Miami (Fla.) Sr EDGE 5 6-3 245    
54 Tyson Campbell Georgia Jr CB 7 6-2 185    
55 Michael Carter North Carolina Sr RB 3 5-8 199    
56 Carlos Basham Jr. Wake Forest Sr EDGE 6 6-5 285

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

So here is where we sit...

  • Round 1 (No. 4 overall)
  • Round 2 (No. 35 overall)
  • Round 3 (No. 68 overall)
  • Round 4 (No. 99 overall)
  • Round 5 (No. 132 overall)
  • Round 6 (No. 163 overall)
  • (Plus Comp Picks TBD)

I mean all the following could potentially be available in the 2nd round...

Alijah Vera-Tucker USC Jr OL 5 6-4 315    
20 Travis Etienne Clemson Sr RB 1 5-10 205    
21 Nick Bolton Missouri Jr LB 3 6-0 232    
22 Rondale Moore Purdue Soph WR 4 5-9 180    
23 Mac Jones Alabama Jr QB 5 6-3 214    
24 Pat Freiermuth Penn St. Jr TE 2 6-5 260    
25 Rashod Bateman Minnesota Jr WR 5 6-2 210    
26 Christian Barmore Alabama Soph DL 2 6-5 310    
27 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah Notre Dame Sr LB 4 6-1 215    
28 Trey Smith Tennessee Sr OL 6 6-6 330    
29 Jalen Mayfield Michigan Jr OL 7 6-5 320    
30 Levi Onwuzurike Washington Sr DL 3 6-3 288    
31 Patrick Jones II Pittsburgh Sr EDGE 2 6-5 260    
32 Samuel Cosmi Texas Jr OL 8 6-7 309    
33 Jevon Holland Oregon Jr S 1 6-1 201    
34 Joseph Ossai Texas Jr LB 5 6-4 253    
35 Hamsah Nasirildeen Florida St. Sr S 2 6-4 220    
36 Deonte Brown Alabama Sr OL 9 6-4 350    
37 Jackson Carman Clemson Jr OL 10 6-5 335    
38 Kyle Trask Florida Sr QB 6 6-5 240    
39 Trevon Moehrig TCU Jr S 3 6-2 202    
40 Jaelan Phillips Miami (Fla.) Jr DL 4 6-5 266    
41 Najee Harris Alabama Sr RB 2 6-2 230    
42 Asante Samuel Jr. Florida St. Jr CB 3 5-10 184    
43 Jaylen Twyman Pittsburgh Jr DL 5 6-2 290    
44 Jaycee Horn South Carolina Jr CB 4 6-1 205    
45 Alex Leatherwood Alabama Sr OL 11 6-6 312    
46 Brevin Jordan Miami (Fla.) Jr TE 3 6-3 245    
47 Dylan Moses Alabama Sr LB 6 6-3 240    
48 Shaun Wade Ohio St. Jr CB 5 6-1 195    
49 Thomas Graham Jr. Oregon Sr CB 6 5-11 196    
50 Hamilcar Rashed Jr. Oregon St. Sr EDGE 3 6-4 235    
51 Josh Myers Ohio St. Jr OL 12 6-5 312    
52 Chris Rumph II Duke Jr EDGE 4 6-4 235    
53 Quincy Roche Miami (Fla.) Sr EDGE 5 6-3 245    
54 Tyson Campbell Georgia Jr CB 7 6-2 185    
55 Michael Carter North Carolina Sr RB 3 5-8 199    
56 Carlos Basham Jr. Wake Forest Sr EDGE 6 6-5 285

 

I'd love to get AVT and plug him in at LG or Etienne in AS scheme. I think some of the players, Moehrig, Owusu-Koramoah, and Phillips in particular, will be gone in the first. But if they're there in the 2nd we should grab one of them immediately. I like Basham or one of the UNC RBs in the 3rd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we have to prepare for each round building off the last, but pre FA and as of today...

 

2. FIRST if AV-T is there at our pick in round 2, I'd run to the podium. I think he could end up being guy #1 on the OL at the end of his career. He's good. 

But, barring that, some guys would be Collins, Javonte Williams, Samuel Jr, or Grant

3. It's a good spot for Stokes if we haven't drafted a CB, Chazz Surratt, (honestly 3rd round I'm hoping a projected 2nd drops to add choices.)

4. Rashed Jr., Marvin Wilson, Ben Cleveland, Trask

5. Rhamondre Stevenson, Adebo, Kary Vincent, Jack Anderson

6. Koonce, Rumph II, Javian Hawkins, Shakur Brown, KHRYIRIS TONGA <------!!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 804_Falconfan said:

I'd love to get AVT and plug him in at LG or Etienne in AS scheme. I think some of the players, Moehrig, Owusu-Koramoah, and Phillips in particular, will be gone in the first. But if they're there in the 2nd we should grab one of them immediately. I like Basham or one of the UNC RBs in the 3rd. 

 

1 minute ago, thanat0s said:

Well, we have to prepare for each round building off the last, but pre FA and as of today...

 

2. FIRST if AV-T is there at our pick in round 2, I'd run to the podium. I think he could end up being guy #1 on the OL at the end of his career. He's good. 

But, barring that, some guys would be Collins, Javonte Williams, Samuel Jr, or Grant

3. It's a good spot for Stokes if we haven't drafted a CB, Chazz Surratt, (honestly 3rd round I'm hoping a projected 2nd drops to add choices.)

4. Rashed Jr., Marvin Wilson, Ben Cleveland, Trask

5. Rhamondre Stevenson, Adebo, Kary Vincent, Jack Anderson

6. Koonce, Rumph II, Javian Hawkins, Shakur Brown, KHRYIRIS TONGA <------!!

 

 

I know fellas.  What this exercise does for me is it puts me into a state of WOW, so many awesome players & so few actual picks!!  This is sort of why I posted this, it forces us to examine how much talent is there this year & how lucky we are to be at the top of the draft in each round.

This just amplifies how smart it would be trading down & getting a few of those extra 2nd & 3rd round gems man.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

 

I know fellas.  What this exercise does for me is it puts me into a state of WOW, so many awesome players & so few actual picks!!  This is sort of why I posted this, it forces us to examine how much talent is there this year & how lucky we are to be at the top of the draft in each round.

This just amplifies how smart it would be trading down & getting a few of those extra 2nd & 3rd round gems man.

True, the more 2s and 3s the better.

To maximize that move, I've tried to concentrate on guys who know the basics.  Like two of the edge guys, Rashed and Rumph. They are two of the most technically solid guys at that position. Especially Rashed. He's a super sure tackler and still manages to get his pressures. Rumph doesn't have huge stat sheet numbers, but his rates of pressure are really good from what I've read. That can be developed, I hope. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Well, we have to prepare for each round building off the last, but pre FA and as of today...

 

2. FIRST if AV-T is there at our pick in round 2, I'd run to the podium. I think he could end up being guy #1 on the OL at the end of his career. He's good. 

But, barring that, some guys would be Collins, Javonte Williams, Samuel Jr, or Grant

3. It's a good spot for Stokes if we haven't drafted a CB, Chazz Surratt, (honestly 3rd round I'm hoping a projected 2nd drops to add choices.)

4. Rashed Jr., Marvin Wilson, Ben Cleveland, Trask

5. Rhamondre Stevenson, Adebo, Kary Vincent, Jack Anderson

6. Koonce, Rumph II, Javian Hawkins, Shakur Brown, KHRYIRIS TONGA <------!!

 

 

I see Rumph in the sims as a sixth.  But I have seen where some folks have him as a late second or third round talent!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

True, the more 2s and 3s the better.

To maximize that move, I've tried to concentrate on guys who know the basics.  Like two of the edge guys, Rashed and Rumph. They are two of the most technically solid guys at that position. Especially Rashed. He's a super sure tackler and still manages to get his pressures. Rumph doesn't have huge stat sheet numbers, but his rates of pressure are really good from what I've read. That can be developed, I hope. 

 

Agreed.  I think the only knock on Rumph is his size.  But they say he's really really good as far as hand use & having a plan of rush moves.  We can always bulk him up too.  The Sims have him way down which is funny.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

 

I know fellas.  What this exercise does for me is it puts me into a state of WOW, so many awesome players & so few actual picks!!  This is sort of why I posted this, it forces us to examine how much talent is there this year & how lucky we are to be at the top of the draft in each round.

This just amplifies how smart it would be trading down & getting a few of those extra 2nd & 3rd round gems man.

In my mocks I do a lot of trade back trade ups where I trade a high pick and a low pick for multiple mid round picks. 12 picks and done within the top 150 builds a strong roster in this draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

Agreed.  I think the only knock on Rumph is his size.  But they say he's really really good as far as hand use & having a plan of rush moves.  We can always bulk him up too.  The Sims have him way down which is funny.

Yeah, he’s small which might push him down a little, but like you say, they can build some more weight on him. His draft spot is like Marvin Wilson. They’re all projecting him around in the 4-5 rounds when he was a sure fire high 1 last year.  
 

I’m comfortable saying somebody might grab him before round 3. It wouldn’t shock me if he goes in round one in the end. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Yeah, he’s small which might push him down a little, but like you say, they can build some more weight on him. His draft spot is like Marvin Wilson. They’re all projecting him around in the 4-5 rounds when he was a sure fire high 1 last year.  
 

I’m comfortable saying somebody might grab him before round 3. It wouldn’t shock me if he goes in round one in the end. 

Wow.  Goes to show the polarizing effects of "measureables."  I grew up playing football in Texas, and our team was a small town bunch of hayseed kids.  We played much bigger teams and we would win.  Our coach said it's not the size of a man's arm or his weight, but the size of his heart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Smart One said:

In my mocks I do a lot of trade back trade ups where I trade a high pick and a low pick for multiple mid round picks. 12 picks and done within the top 150 builds a strong roster in this draft. 

Me too.  It makes you salivate.  Great way to build a roster & increases the odds of hitting gems.  It's fun using the Sims to experiment on selections you wouldn't ordinarily be a fan of just to see the results. 

Your pick always affects the draft from the top down, so if you grab a guy that isn't expected at  or at 34, it causes unexpected runs on positions below you thus freeing up quality guys available when your picks comes back around. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Me too.  It makes you salivate.  Great way to build a roster & increases the odds of hitting gems.  It's fun using the Sims to experiment on selections you wouldn't ordinarily be a fan of just to see the results. 

Your pick always affects the draft from the top down, so if you grab a guy that isn't expected at  or at 34, it causes unexpected runs on positions below you thus freeing up quality guys available when your picks comes back around. 

Just ran a mock that turned out beast

10 Slater OL

35 Collins LB

61 Tryon EDGE

68 St. Brown WR

75 Holland S

99 Williams CB

101 Long TE

103 Shelvin NT

108 Trask QB

149 Sermon RB

162 Newsome WR/PR/KR

 

Also picked up an additional 1st 5th and 6th in 2022.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Smart One said:

Just ran a mock that turned out beast

10 Slater OL

35 Collins LB

61 Tryon EDGE

68 St. Brown WR

75 Holland S

99 Williams CB

101 Long TE

103 Shelvin NT

108 Trask QB

149 Sermon RB

162 Newsome WR/PR/KR

 

Also picked up an additional 1st 5th and 6th in 2022.

 

 

 

 

If we can come away with quantity & quality like that, I am always game!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Smart One said:

Just ran a mock that turned out beast

10 Slater OL

35 Collins LB

61 Tryon EDGE

68 St. Brown WR

75 Holland S

99 Williams CB

101 Long TE

103 Shelvin NT

108 Trask QB

149 Sermon RB

162 Newsome WR/PR/KR

 

Also picked up an additional 1st 5th and 6th in 2022.

 

 

 

 

If only it was this easy!  🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

I see Rumph in the sims as a sixth.  But I have seen where some folks have him as a late second or third round talent!

I actually saw something yesterday (can't remember where) that had him as an udfa.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 This was the mock I just did. And I wouldn't be too upset with it.

23.

Najee Harris

RB Alabama

35.

Zaven Collins

LB Tulsa

58.

Daviyon Nixon

DT Iowa

63.

Jordan Smith

EDGE UAB

 

66.

Deonte Brown

OG Alabama

68.

Eric Stokes

CB Georgia

94.

Quinn Meinerz

OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

109.

Kyle Trask

QB Florida

149.

Divine Deablo

S Virginia Tech

155.

Caden Sterns

S Texas

181.

Tre McKitty

TE Georgia

183.

Cornell Powell

WR Clemson

189.

Jack Anderson

OG Texas Tech

203.

Joshua Bledsoe

S Missouri

218.

Paddy Fisher

LB Northwestern

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Smart One said:

Just ran a mock that turned out beast

10 Slater OL

35 Collins LB

61 Tryon EDGE

68 St. Brown WR

75 Holland S

99 Williams CB

101 Long TE

103 Shelvin NT

108 Trask QB

149 Sermon RB

162 Newsome WR/PR/KR

 

Also picked up an additional 1st 5th and 6th in 2022.

 

 

 

 

What a farging haul that would be! Fantasies are such fun. Cool Mock, bro! :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 215FalconsFanatic said:

trask aint lasting that long. He will either be a surprise late 1st rounder or definite 2nd. Just Collins. I think he reminds people too much of TJ Watts and he goes late 1st. Someone like Tampa if they lose a LB in free agency.

I mean maybe but you never know. And Collins could go in the 1st but that just means someone else has to fall

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...