Do you think that Russell Gage would make a solid number 2 receiver when and if Calvin Ridley takes over WR1?

I think you could definitely draft WRs that would be better than Gage and Oz, if they were to become WR2 I think they'd be towards the bottom end of the list compared to other WR2s across the league, just going off what we've seen from thus far in their careers.

Sure he could.  He can step up his game even further with hard work & dedication to route running etc...  

And if he doesn’t develop, we can make up for it by establishing a better running game, utilizing our TE’s and better play calling etc.

This is precisely the reason I would love to see Kyle Pitts if it were to happen. 

4 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

It's hard to say. I like what I see from Gage, but MR2 can make average receivets look good ala Harry Douglas. That being said, this is a deep WR draft and I think we can do better than Oz

Yeah haters won't admit it but MR2 can make average dudes look way above average.

I think he's definitely got the chops for it, though. 

7 hours ago, TheHeartless said:

I think you could definitely draft WRs that would be better than Gage and Oz, if they were to become WR2 I think they'd be towards the bottom end of the list compared to other WR2s across the league, just going off what we've seen from thus far in their careers.

Gage and Oz are not in the same tier. Your not going to draft a guy better than Gage after the 2nd round. Oz is not that special, he is NFL journey man level talent at best imho. 

53 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Gage and Oz are not in the same tier. Your not going to draft a guy better than Gage after the 2nd round. Oz is not that special, he is NFL journey man level talent at best imho. 

I don't think you can just write OZ off as a journey man this early in his career. He put up numbers at Virginia and he's looked very impressive in limited time at a very crowded position. That's all you can ask for from an undrafted FA when his number is called.

Keep in mind, Dirk🤢is the only OC he's ever known in his pro career. A lot of our offensive players should be improved by that subtraction alone.

I did have a dream we drafted Bateman I think in the 2nd. But if we target a receiver I really like Moore from Purdue. With that being said, it's up to gage if he can be that #2 receiver. I know MR2 has that trust with him but when we get a new qb how will gage's game transition?

Edited by EZfalcons
2 hours ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I don't think you can just write OZ off as a journey man this early in his career. He put up numbers at Virginia and he's looked very impressive in limited time at a very crowded position. That's all you can ask for from an undrafted FA when his number is called.

Keep in mind, Dirk🤢is the only OC he's ever known in his pro career. A lot of our offensive players should be improved by that subtraction alone.

I have nothing against Zaccheaus, my initial post was mostly just disputing the fact that Gage and Zaccheaus belong in the same bucket. As of this moment in time, one is clearly more polished and versatile than the other. Out of the gate, OZ was give then role of Julio's backup. After flashing early, he didn't hold it down consistently so they moved Gage outside to pick up the slack. 

4 hours ago, falcndave said:

He will be the answer to a Falcon trivia question for year's to come