John Cominsky year 3

25 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I just don't understand the fascination with this guy. Jacob Tuioti-Mariner has shown WAY more promise. Heck, Deadrin Senat showed more in his rookie season.

I just don't get it.. 

I would have hoped that Jacob Tuioti-Mariner would have actually show up more since I believe he had more playing time and also playing in the DE position as for Cominsky plays DT and DE but at a minimum time. 

The fascination with him is that with the little bit of time he has played he has put up the same numbers as Jacob Tuioti-Mariner has. So we wonder if a better coaching staff and system would benefit him... and all our players.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I just don't understand the fascination with this guy. Jacob Tuioti-Mariner has shown WAY more promise. Heck, Deadrin Senat showed more in his rookie season.

I just don't get it.. 

JTM trained with Coach Jordan last offseason. Maybe Cominsky saw his jump in production and reached out.

but to your point, those two player’s you mentioned played ball their whole life and even played at a D1 school. 

Cominsky has showed some promise thus far for a small school player and I believe will be better this season.

Edited by Cole World

59 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I just don't get it.. 

JTM: 16 games, 31 tackles, 1 sack (2020)

Senat: 15 games, 29 tackles, 0 sack (rookie season)

Cominsky: 13 games, 26 tackles, 1 sack (2020)

and I am a JTM fan, so not knocking him at all.

56 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I just don't get it.. 

Man, im the same.. Hasn't really shown much of anything so far imo..for whatever reason we have a hard time drafting guys that are hungry or have very little drive to make impacts immediately 

Im gonna continue  giving him benefit of doubt. I mean college of Charleston competition to NFL?

I dont see how Quinn didnt have him on punt and kickoff coverages. His first pre season game he was lighting guys up on coverage.  Mighty large man to be first down on special teams. After that never saw him again on teams.  That game told me he wanted to be a player, and that we may have something.

Speaking of players, we have to hit on someone like this to make a solid, playoff team contribution.

1 hour ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I just don't get it.. 

Should we not be interested in one of our draft picks for some reason? Everyone loves an underdog, and he's had some flashes at times. Also this is like the off-est of the off season right now.

It will be telling who gets cut and who stays. One of the weaknesses of our old staff is that we hung onto players too long and gave them too many chances. This led to some players getting too comfortable.

As far as Cominsky, he has shown some promise but he better come to TC ready to work. It is always a good sign when guys are putting in the offseason work to get better.