Have any recent comments change your opinion on the 2021 Draft?

The Pat McAfee interview recently no doubt was a nice look into our new head coach. He's not autistic of some sort afterall! Haha 

He and TFont likely have a good plan going forward for this year. TFont more than likely learned a thing or two from his time with the Taints and I'm looking forward to seeing it. BPA could be Sewell, Chase, Pitts, etc. Honestly wouldn't fault any pick at this point. Gotta build this team back up and trust in the young guns we have going forward. 

No matter what pick it is, trust in the new regime because we have reason for optimism. 

No pick should be slighted. Give em a chance. We'll know better after a year or two so right now it's a wait and see approach. To me, it's very exciting to see how we profit, or how we fail, in which case its a fun/debatable offseason/season regardless. Here's to a fun year, with hopes of getting back to contention.

Edited by Foo Falcons

4 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I feel like if we stay at 4, the pick will be Parsons.

I respectfully disagree. He's fallen way down on a lot of value boards. But all it takes is one team, although I feel like he may even be on our "do not draft" board. 

4 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

I respectfully disagree. He's fallen way down on a lot of value boards. But all it takes is one team, although I feel like he may even be on our "do not draft" board. 

I'm all aboard the pitts train at this point. Dude is megatron at tight end. He is, quite possibly, the best tight end prospect ever. Game changing tight ends have been a staple of almost all recent super bowl winners and runner ups. 

I did change my mind on a couple of QBs after actually youtubing some of their games. I was with most mockers, looking at Lance as a high pick and Trask as basically trash. After watching games, I'd take Trask before Lance and he's top 30 on my value board.

Lawrence is still probably the best, but while watching other players against Clemson, my vision of Lawrence as the end all, be all of QBs isn't what it was in the beginning. I'm actually skeptical he'll be the savior the Jags expect he will be. Or at least he isn't going to step right in and light up the league. I don't know who they have in J'ville beyond their new coach, but if they don't have a staff that can teach, Lawrence might not be what I initially thought he would be. He made a lot of bad decisions when I saw vids of other players going against Clemson (Wilson from FL ST being one of the vids but there were others). He looks great when his receivers are running free, but that won't always be the case at the next level. Like the knock against Mac Jones being in a loaded system, you can say the same for Lawrence.

1 minute ago, celtiksage said:

I did change my mind on a couple of QBs after actually youtubing some of their games. I was with most mockers, looking at Lance as a high pick and Trask as basically trash. After watching games, I'd take Trask before Lance and he's top 30 on my value board.

Lawrence is still probably the best, but while watching other players against Clemson, my vision of Lawrence as the end all, be all of QBs isn't what it was in the beginning. I'm actually skeptical he'll be the savior the Jags expect he will be. Or at least he isn't going to step right in and light up the league. I don't know who they have in J'ville beyond their new coach, but if they don't have a staff that can teach, Lawrence might not be what I initially thought he would be. He made a lot of bad decisions when I saw vids of other players going against Clemson (Wilson from FL ST being one of the vids but there were others). He looks great when his receivers are running free, but that won't always be the case at the next level. Like the knock against Mac Jones being in a loaded system, you can say the same for Lawrence.

Jones and Trask are both ranked way too low imo and I bet GMs think much higher of them than message board gms only looking at mobility cause it's the new fad

If we stay at 4 I think it’s either Pitts or Sewell and I would be happy with either one. I still hope we trade down and get more picks though. And count me in the minority that thinks there is good value at QB later in the draft should we choose to go that route. I watched Trask a lot and would be happy with him, Ehlinger or several others. 

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I'm all aboard the pitts train at this point. Dude is megatron at tight end. He is, quite possibly, the best tight end prospect ever. Game changing tight ends have been a staple of almost all recent super bowl winners and runner ups. 

I'm starting to agree.  I watched him for the first time last night.  They way he uses his body and arm length, his ability to adjust to the ball, his awareness of the defender and how he needs to position himself.  It all reminds me of Randy Moss, which I was not expecting at all. Obviously hes not as fast but I wasn't expecting to watch a tight end and come away thinking of Randy Moss.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Jones and Trask are both ranked way too low imo and I bet GMs think much higher of them than message board gms only looking at mobility cause it's the new fad

Yea I think its very possible they both go before Fields 

1 hour ago, PointSwayzee said:

I would put the odds on that at less than 1%. 

That pick at 4 would lazy and plays like that would have TF in a soup kitchen line in 3 years.

Yea, I’m beginning to believe more and more that the pick is either QB or trade down. The only other player i see taken at 4 from us is Sewell 

1 hour ago, marvinthemartian said:

If we stay at 4 I think it’s either Pitts or Sewell and I would be happy with either one. I still hope we trade down and get more picks though. And count me in the minority that thinks there is good value at QB later in the draft should we choose to go that route. I watched Trask a lot and would be happy with him, Ehlinger or several others. 

I’m with Trask or Ehlinger I’ve been high on both of them. The play that sold me on Trask is actually a highlight of Pitts against Alabama. But the throw Trask makes to the corner of the end zone is a next level throw. I know Pitts is a monster but Trask had to put the ball where only Pitts could catch it. 

18 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea, I’m beginning to believe more and more that the pick is either QB or trade down. The only other player i see taken at 4 from us is Sewell 

I was certain of QB, and now I thinking trade down is also very possible. Don't think anything will be certain until the first 3 pics. Huge implications on what the Falcons do, I would assume 4 different game plans ready to execute on draft night, 5 actually depending on what teams contact you when you are on the clock. And that is somewhat dependent on the 1st 3 picks as well.

Going to be a wild night. Sadly, this is the most excited Falcons related event for me since the 18' playoff game in Philly(choked that one too).

Used to hate Rousseau and his hype but listened to his interview and watched some more videos and I've warmed up to him a bit (not at 4 though). He seemed about as raw as you'd expect from a freshman in 2019 (and knows it) and is working his a** off to fix those problems before coming into the league.

If the draft was tomorrow and the Falcons don't trade back I would say it's either Sewell or Pitts. Sewell could be plugged in at guard. He played guard in high school so he already has experience there and would probably be a better fit there. Pitts because AS runs a lot of 12 personel and they only have 1 tight end. Both have high ceilings and could be BPA for them.

Edited by wnyfalconfan

24 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

I was certain of QB, and now I thinking trade down is also very possible. Don't think anything will be certain until the first 3 pics. Huge implications on what the Falcons do, I would assume 4 different game plans ready to execute on draft night, 5 actually depending on what teams contact you when you are on the clock. And that is somewhat dependent on the 1st 3 picks as well.

Going to be a wild night. Sadly, this is the most excited Falcons related event for me since the 18' playoff game in Philly(choked that one too).

I would love a trade down. It’s the fastest way to build a roster to win with the salary cap situation. Taking a QB at 4 is like essentially conceding next season as a failure. Might as well blow it up if they do that 

43 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I would love a trade down. It’s the fastest way to build a roster to win with the salary cap situation. Taking a QB at 4 is like essentially conceding next season as a failure. Might as well blow it up if they do that 

Well, I kind of think they should do that, but that is another conversation for another thread. I say that with 40+ years invested in the team, so I'm not some kid with the change is always better mentality. 

Again, for another thread or not. It's not like a thread like that has not already existed ad nauseum.

Well, Smith will know inside and out what we need IHO, And since he is head of this team now.. He can choose the players we need most.  I'm glad he will be doing the shopping instead of me. Sure we all would like to be the one who chooses the FAs and the  Draft picks.. At least I would like to.. But Smith and Co. will have a set goal not only in the draft but also in FAcy .  I think we'll have at the very least twice as good of a season and I think we may even be better than that.. Since we have so many players on this team that are the best at their positions.. I think Smith will look at this as a fairly easy fix for his philosophy,  We've already got many great players.. with the right moves in the draft and now the right scheme of things.. with Smith's plan of play..  I believe we might could even make the playoffs next season.  I guess I'm sounding very repetitive .. But trying to speak truth.. This team I think will have the biggest turn around than any other team in the NFL. 

• Foo Falcons changed the title to Have any recent comments change your opinion on the 2021 Draft?