"It's going to be a massacre next week all around the league"

On 3/3/2021 at 3:31 PM, 1989Fan said:

Yep, it’s all business. I don’t blame players for getting what they can, and I don’t blame teams for cutting ties if they don’t live up to their contract.

heck, I wish I could ask an employee to renegotiate their salary or cut them if they aren’t worth it!

People get fired everyday. 

On 3/3/2021 at 4:34 PM, Draftnut57 said:

Well, the bright side of this is that my man Brian Hill's place on this team is probably safe, no more than he makes and what potential He has to be at the very least a great #2 or #3 back.  I think he'll win a spot on the team.. 

lol nope

On 3/3/2021 at 5:24 PM, JayOzOne said:

Heard James Stone got promoted to lead waffle fry cook on second shift at Chick-Fil-A. Maybe he can get transferred to work at the Benz one day soon. He said he forgot to vote but he's really hoping that the $15/hr minimum wage becomes a reality soon.

****...the voting part😮...projecting your personal political views much? 

On 3/3/2021 at 12:55 PM, PokerSteve said:

I don't see how the player's union is letting the owners get away with cutting the cap by $18m this year. The pandemic isn't the player's fault, yet they are being put in the lurch because teams can't keep their vets and stay within the lower cap. The NFL needs to bring the cap up to a $190m minimum and amortize the owner's losses over the next few years. This is ridiculous.

Players and owners are partners and they agreed to a revenue sharing model. Neither side caused the pandemic and they are equally responsible for considering force majeure like scenarios while negotiating. I'm sure the players union, like all modern organization, engages in risk management and understood what the impacts of "nobody's fault" drop in revenue would mean. I think the players/union are probably feeling like the cuts were smaller than feared?

15 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

True, but it's not going to put any owners out of a job like the cap cut is going to genuinely hurt a lot of vets. Not the same impact at all.

Nobody will miss any meals over this.  We are talking about Millionaires and Billionaires, it was a bad year for all, everybody takes a hit. 

3 hours ago, falcndave said:

Players and owners are partners and they agreed to a revenue sharing model. Neither side caused the pandemic and they are equally responsible for considering force majeure like scenarios while negotiating. I'm sure the players union, like all modern organization, engages in risk management and understood what the impacts of "nobody's fault" drop in revenue would mean. I think the players/union are probably feeling like the cuts were smaller than feared?

They maybe Partners but make no mistake who holds the power here.Players may think they do and have a piece of paper that says they do but make no mistake here the owners and the NFL are GOD.

Theyll do what’s best for the shield because that’s what’s best for them,players be ****ed.

10 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

there is no big cap reduction. They already announced this over a month ago. The final number isn't out yet but it's not lower

I haven't heard that, what we have all been hearing is the cap going down something like 20 plus percent, to as low as 180 (from 213).

What you are saying is news to us, do you have a source or a link?

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

They maybe Partners but make no mistake who holds the power here.Players may think they do and have a piece of paper that says they do but make no mistake here the owners and the NFL are GOD.

Theyll do what’s best for the shield because that’s what’s best for them,players be ****ed.

In other words, the typical American business model.    It's still the best around, but needs some effective government oversight.   Which we are not getting.

With things as they are, I don't blame either side for getting sll they can.

Just now, egoprime II said:

In other words, the typical American business model.    It's still the best around, but needs some effective government oversight.   Which we are not getting.

With things as they are, I don't blame either side for getting sll they can.

I think it’s typical worldwide the common good takes the back seat and the HAVES keep on having more even when they have enough.

No way any NFL team owner is going broke anytime soon.

The league has been a multi billion $$$$$ entity for years.I mean the NFL handed out cheques to every team a few years back for 220+ mill and yet now there asking players to take a haircut.It really makes me laugh.Even if they eat it for a year or 3 the owners and the league aren’t going to suffer in the long haul.This is basically just a blip on the radar.

Remember the GFC and Dallas owner Jerry Jones building his billion dollar stadium right in the middle of it.Trust me these owners can afford it.

21 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

True, but it's not going to put any owners out of a job like the cap cut is going to genuinely hurt a lot of vets. Not the same impact at all.

Like having to go to another team or just being cut ?  These guys are paid so well they should have a nice nest egg for such eventualities.  Heaven forbid they should have to get a civilian job.