Would you trade Matt +Pick(s) for Russ

XXVIII-III

2 minutes ago, XXVIII-III said:

Reports of him wanting out of Seattle are continuing to heat up. We’ll see how real the talk is.

Would you make a deal like this considering the cap ramifications (before you say it’s impossible, if they really wanted to, TF could find a way to make the numbers work - but it would still hurt us greatly)?

Depends. I would for Matt and a 4th maybe. I'm not willing to give the house. 

21 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

No thanks to diva crying about getting hit too much. You already had multiple super bowl caliber teams built around you guy.

Are you being serious?

Russ is the furthest thing from a diva. You may as well call Tom Brady a diva for running to Tampa because Belichick refused to give him weapons. And why shouldn't he complain anyway? Look at what lack of protection did to Andrew Luck.

One of my favorite things about Mac is how confident he was. In 2019 against Auburn he threw a really bad pick 6 and then came right back out firing. Then he threw another pick 6 that wasn't entirely on him (odd play call, fluky INT too), and immediately after that he came back and scored another TD. 

Dude has so much confidence and I LOVE it. 

Seahawks reportedly want any trade talks with Wilson to start off with 3 1st round picks. That means that they want more than that for him.

A team who wants to compete over the next few years with Wilson will eventually feel the heat of not having all that capital to turnover their roster. 

Wilson will just end up in a similar situation that he's in now after probably 2 seasons. Which is a team that isn't that good or talented in many areas.

3 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

Are you being serious?

Russ is the furthest thing from a diva. You may as well call Tom Brady a diva for running to Tampa because Belichick refused to give him weapons. And why shouldn't he complain anyway? Look at what lack of protection did to Andrew Luck.

Yes I'm serious. Or do you want to see the NFL end up like the NBA where the stars strong arm teams to go play together with other stars? Because when that starts happening in the NFL and all the star QBs are demanding trades I will stop watching just like I did the NBA. Luck retired, he didn't cry about it. Tom Brady waiting until his contract was up. He didn't demand a trade.

3 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

Are you being serious?

So you sit down with your coach/FO like a man and submit your complaints. You don't air it out to the media.

I say no. But it don't really matter because he ain't going anywhere. If he still wants out because they ain't hearing it, he can ask for a trade also behind closed doors. Once he determines they ain't listening then he can take necessary action or walk when his contract is up. Prior to the final year of his contract he can tell them he's gonna walk when it's up. That'll give the team incentive to trade him a year before his contract expires and knock a year off his current deal.

I'm tired of these players signing a contract and then turning around and asking for a trade. They were in love with the team when they were getting bank money.

10 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Yes I'm serious. Or do you want to see the NFL end up like the NBA where the stars strong arm teams to go play together with other stars? Because when that starts happening in the NFL and all the star QBs are demanding trades I will stop watching just like I did the NBA. Luck retired, he didn't cry about it. Tom Brady waiting until his contract was up. He didn't demand a trade.

I don't see the NFL becoming like the NBA. Mainly because the dynamic of an NBA team can change with just 1 or 2 players carrying them to a NBA title as a opposed to the NFL needing more of complete team to win a SB.

It's also much harder for an NFL team to stack the deck with talent in FA like you can in NBA.

5 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I don't see the NFL becoming like the NBA. Mainly because the dynamic of an NBA team can change with just 1 or 2 players carrying them to a NBA title as a opposed to the NFL needing more of complete team to win a SB.

It's also much harder for an NFL team to stack the deck with talent in FA like you can in NBA.

I think he's talking more so on the end where a star player gets a contract then forcing his way out a year later. I don't agree with players doing it but it goes both ways ultimately. Look at Kyle Van Noy. Signs a nice deal last season. By his career standard, he had a solid season and Miami cut him loose after just one season. Nobody has a word to say. 

These quarterbacks open their mouths after getting paid, it's a problem with everyone. Again, I don't condone players doing it but in the end it goes both ways. Players just trying to find a way to get an upper hand on the teams now. Better start doing a better job negotiating CBA terms before agreeing

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Just one thing to point out because it doesn't look like anyone else has. Russ hasn't demanded or asked for a trade. He made comments about getting rocked a lot in an interview. That's it. Too much speculation going on 

True, but something is up with Wilson being so vocal about his displeasures though.

Saw an article on PFT last week where Russ was not happy with Pete Carroll and his 2 sons who were also on the staff.

He was reported saying that Carroll and his sons having no one to answer to. Have no idea what Wilson exactly means by that, but I also don't see Wilson as a guy who would make stuff up. I believe him.

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I think he's talking more so on the end where a star player gets a contract then forcing his way out a year later. I don't agree with players doing it but it goes both ways ultimately. Look at Kyle Van Noy. Signs a nice deal last season. By his career standard, he had a solid season and Miami cut him loose after just one season. Nobody has a word to say. 

These quarterbacks open their mouths after getting paid, it's a problem with everyone. Again, I don't condone players doing it but in the end it goes both ways. Players just trying to find a way to get an upper hand on the teams now. Better start doing a better job negotiating CBA terms before agreeing

Van Noy just made 15 mil in one season because they released him. Yea, crappy move by the Dolphins, but he didn't exactly 'lose' in the situation. He got paid handsomely for them to move on.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

True, but something is up with Wilson being so vocal about his displeasures though.

Saw an article on PFT last week where Russ was not happy with Pete Carroll and his 2 sons who were also on the staff.

He was reported saying that Carroll and his sons having no one to answer to. Have no idea what Wilson exactly means by that, but I also don't see Wilson as a guy who would make stuff up. I believe him.

There's something brewing there but like you i have no clue what's going on. The way I'm looking at it, you have 2 people who have 2 different views on what will make them successful. Russ wants the full set of keys to the offense, Carroll wants to follow the formula that got them to 2 Super Bowls. On the outside looking in, I think Carroll's way has proven to be greater. Once they made Russ the full priority, that team has taken a huge step back. They are perennial playoff contenders but nothing more now. They have no true balance. They don't strike real fear into anyone. 

Part of the reason they may be open to trade him is to regain picks that they lost for Adams and get back to building that team the way it was built in the past.