Hawks March games thread

blkbigdog35

22 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

This was after Saturday's game. It's exactly like Nate said--you can't get comfortable or complacent, especially not against a team that has two All-NBA players and defenders in Kawhi and Paul George and a 2x NBA Champion and Finals MVP in Kawhi.

It was a good showing against one of the top teams in the NBA on the road, but a loss is a loss. Can't have the above mentality and expect to win a chip, because that's the difference between a series win and a series loss.

I’m sure he’s going to use this moving forward 

3 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I’m sure he’s going to use this moving forward 

I hope so, and I hope the players really learn from this experience. They showed that they can play with anybody when they're locked in, and they have enough talent to go far in the playoffs. It's one thing when you just lose to a superior opponent or lose a hard fought game that went to the wire--it's another when you had them on the ropes and you just handed them the game on a silver platter because you started feeling yourself.

8 hours ago, No More Ice said:

Yep.  They got too confident when they were up by 20+.  That's easy to do when you've won 8 in a row, but then they looked like deer caught in headlights when the Clippers started rolling.  Glad to see Hunter back, but I think they played him too much, and he probably shouldn't have been in at the end.  Just don't think he's quite ready for this many minutes after being out for 2 months.

Should have used Gallo more...

Well - let's hope they'll learn.  This is a helluva road trip.  If they can come back home and go .500, that'll be good.  16 of their last 23 are at home...

I believe Gallo tweaked his knee. Good grief.

3 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I know a couple of months ago, they were reporting that Trae & JC were having some problems, but I'm not so sure that wasn't more related to Lloyd.  Right now, Trae & JC look like they're getting along great - and they just seem to continuously improve by the minute.

I hope the Hawks will pony up for him in this off-season.  He's 23, and he's only going to get better!

1 hour ago, No More Ice said:

I know a couple of months ago, they were reporting that Trae & JC were having some problems, but I'm not so sure that wasn't more related to Lloyd.  Right now, Trae & JC look like they're getting along great - and they just seem to continuously improve by the minute.

I hope the Hawks will pony up for him in this off-season.  He's 23, and he's only going to get better!

Coach Nate is getting the most out of what he has to work with. Trae and JC need to stick together . 

Glad to hear the Collins news. Still think we end up keeping him despite the rumors. 

Need to get this win because it's one of the more winnable games on this road trip. I would take a .500 trip because I think that probably keeps us at the 4/5 slot.