Jump to content

Is Najee Harris the best running back in the draft?


Recommended Posts

Harris is good but just because he played on a dominant rushing team doesn't mean he is the best. You have to consider what he would look like on an average college team and what any other RB from another team would look like with Alabama. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, gazoo said:

These bigger backs can often last 7 or 8 years before they start dropping. LT was still crushing it his 7th season, still got over 1000 yards his 8th season and he  is 5'10", 215lbs.  

 

Najee is much bigger at 6'2", 230lbs. He could easily give us 7 strong seasons.  I obviously wouldn't use the 4th pick for him, only if we traded down and picked up one of those safeties, Vera-Tucker or a CB would I do it.

Yea, if you want to pay him a fortune after his 4th season. No thanks to that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

Harris is good but just because he played on a dominant rushing team doesn't mean he is the best. You have to consider what he would look like on an average college team and what any other RB from another team would look like with Alabama. 

Yea, watch how hard it is to bring him down.  It usually takes 3 to 4 players to tackle him.  His nose for the goal line is really good as well.  If he gets close to the goal line hes usually going in by either hurdling or carrying people. 

Plus he might be the best pass catcher at rb as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

There will be plenty of good prospects after Harris and Etienne. Personally, if we nab Trey Sermon somewhere in there, I'm going to be happy. Low tread on the tires and he shined when he got his opportunity.

i was looking at that too. comparing college careers, harris had 718 touches, etienne 788, sermon had 503. that's ~200-250 more hits on the body.

edit: there ARE other rb's that have had less touches than sermon, i was just commenting on the sermon vs harris/etienne take.

Edited by JohnnyFranchise
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I like Javonte Williams just as much as Najee and more than ETN. ETN kinda reminds me of Jerious Norwood. I just don't think he's going to be able to stay healthy. Just a hunch.

Jahvid Best, but not as much prone to injury as he was

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

i was looking at that too. comparing college careers, harris had 718 touches, etienne 788, sermon had 503. that's ~200-250 more hits on the body.

edit: there ARE other rb's that have had less touches than sermon, i was just commenting on the sermon vs harris/etienne take.

Even with fewer carries, that shoulder might be a problem. I forgot about that. I can see that resulting in a drop, depending on his medicals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JayOzOne said:

Even with fewer carries, that shoulder might be a problem. I forgot about that. I can see that resulting in a drop, depending on his medicals.

that's true.

just because im bored at work i looked up the college touches for the other top rb's in the draft:

rountree - 793

etienne - 788

harris - 718

hubbard - 638

carter - 596

hill - 519

sermon - 503

boyd - 441

wiliams - 416

gainwell - 292

stevenson - 193

not that this necessarily means anything, just a conversation starter ..... really bored at work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

that's true.

just because im bored at work i looked up the college touches for the other top rb's in the draft:

rountree - 793

etienne - 788

harris - 718

hubbard - 638

carter - 596

hill - 519

sermon - 503

boyd - 441

wiliams - 416

gainwell - 292

stevenson - 193

not that this necessarily means anything, just a conversation starter ..... really bored at work.

Didn't realize JaVonte Williams got so few touches in three years. That's a remarkably low number for such an impressive back. I'm betting there will be a run on RBs in the late 2nd and 8-10 will be taken between then and the third. Their abundance is going to keep most from getting drafted early but their talent is going see them snapped up quick, fast and in a hurry after the top one is taken (other than Harris and Etienne, of course).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

i was looking at that too. comparing college careers, harris had 718 touches, etienne 788, sermon had 503. that's ~200-250 more hits on the body.

edit: there ARE other rb's that have had less touches than sermon, i was just commenting on the sermon vs harris/etienne take.

Sermon also has more injuries already though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm a Williams guy but Najee is the most NFL-ready IMO.  I'd be happy to have him but I just prefer the way Williams wins a little more.  I think Williams will give whoever drafts him a James Robinson-like performance in 2021.  They run very similarly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, gazoo said:

These bigger backs can often last 7 or 8 years before they start dropping. LT was still crushing it his 7th season, still got over 1000 yards his 8th season and he  is 5'10", 215lbs.  

 

Najee is much bigger at 6'2", 230lbs. He could easily give us 7 strong seasons.  I obviously wouldn't use the 4th pick for him, only if we traded down and picked up one of those safeties, Vera-Tucker or a CB would I do it.

I would like that also.. I mean Smith is very used to having a top Back and relied on him a lot.. I'd say he might even go after Najee Harris.. It would make a lot of sense ,, we have enough back up RBs and if we got him ,, we'd be done with that need.. Harris would be one of about 3 players I'd love to get in the first round. A back like Harris can do so much for a team..  Smith You know would love to have him. So who wouldn't ??  He could be our Derrick Henry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drafting Najee means trading down and making running back your top priority. I think Harris is the best back but Javonte William's isn't far off and he'll probably be there in the 2nd for the Falcons. The Falcons would solve another need in the 1st. I'm good with whatever the Falcons do 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, *TMo* said:

Najee Harris is a hammer

Jevonte Williams is a Nick Chubb clone

We have options.

 

In that case , I'd go with Jevonte W. Because I don't want to take a RB in the first round.. And if JW is a Nick Chubb clone.. That is good enough to be the top RB on this team.   I would love for your second promo to happen if we are going after a RB in this draft..  But we do need to remember that we can also take a very good back in latter rounds. I think it's easier to get a steel with a RB more than other positions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...