This is the biggest reason I want us to trade back. I would really love to have an least one extra secound rounder.

We would really see a lot of great prospects fall to the second round. And with our own second round pick in the top it will almost feel like a first round pick.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-draft-2021-top-50-big-board-quarterbacks-receivers-represent-first-six-picks-big-run-on-cornerbacks/

Could you imagine along with a great pick in first round these guys available in the second round: Christian Barmore, Najee Harris, Zaven Collins, Levi Onwuzurike... Imagine trading back in the first round and get another secound rounder...

It could mean Sewell, Barmore, Collins or Kyle Pitts, Harris and Onwuzurike. Not bad players to start a new regime... And we need players.

3 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

LOL at Parsons #21 and Surtain 25.

The past couple of months, I keep seeing Parsons sliding down mock boards. He was being mocked around #4-7 but now I see him regularly in the teens. But he's not falling to 21 though.

1 hour ago, Sponge said:

The past couple of months, I keep seeing Parsons sliding down mock boards. He was being mocked around #4-7 but now I see him regularly in the teens. But he's not falling to 21 though.

He is just kind of an afterthought from sitting out the season. Once he has his pro day the hype will return without a doubt (IMO). 

4 minutes ago, papachaz said:

this isn't a mock though, this is their player rankings. although I don't have much confidence in any mock or player rankings board past 1, LOL

Oh I hear you, I think those are crazy rankings too. 

4 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

LOL at Parsons #21 and Surtain 25.

You laugh now but I think each year there's a few players that actually get drafted in spots where they aren't slotted by "experts". The biggest thing to remember is teams value these players alot different than we do. 

Now I say that to say not to take rankings serious. Even from "experts"

Hoping big time for Paye and Pitts..  with our top two picks.. I've already shown how we can get both by the right moves in my Mock draft  .. Trade down a few picks then take TE Pitts at #7 and then trade back up to #20 and  take  DE  Paye  !!!  This is in my Mock. But we all need to keep in mind.. Most likely all of the Mocks will play out differently to every mock we have read.. But still, Smith can make his own draft and cause it to happen.. If he was as sold on these two players like I am. 

However ,, I kind of doubt that Paye will not last till the pick 20.. I'm hoping we trade back up to around 15 to make sure we get him. As far as that goes.. what ever it takes to get these two. I'm all in...

8 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

You laugh now but I think each year there's a few players that actually get drafted in spots where they aren't slotted by "experts". The biggest thing to remember is teams value these players alot different than we do. 

Now I say that to say not to take rankings serious. Even from "experts"

I will laugh all the way until draft night about Parsons being the 21st best prospect...then if I am wrong I will just say WTH and move on 😂 

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

I will laugh all the way until draft night about Parsons being the 21st best prospect...then if I am wrong I will just say WTH and move on 😂 

I would hope so considering you don't have any control over where he's drafted

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I would hope so considering you don't have any control over where he's drafted

Hey, I felt the need to state that since many have displayed an inability to move on in similar scenarios.