Why all the Fields hate and Wilson love🤔

14 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Even the Falcons are not dumb enough to trade down to grab a Mac Jones with Justin Fields OR Zach Wilson sitting at 4...

My favorite part is how you didn't even answer his question about Mac. Mac could very well be better than either guy. His deep ball was the best in the country last year and arguably better than several NFL starters. Funny thing is, you could argue Ohio State had a bet

Mac had a better year than Fields or Wilson EVER had. Alabama's competition was FAR better than anyone Ohio State played too. The Big 10 is such a weak conference lol. There were probably 4/5 teams in the SEC outside of Alabama that would have easily been the 2nd best team in that weak conference. Mac made throws this year that were absolutely nuts and he did it consistently. Against the best teams, he was at his best. See what he did vs A&M, UGA, Florida, and Ohio State. Dude was on point. 

What Mac consistently did as a starter was tear up EVERYONE he played. Can't say the same about Fields or Wilson.

So its' not that far fetched to take Mac (the guy who produced all the time) over Fields or Wilson who didn't always produce when they needed to. Taking a guy solely because his "measurables" are better is how you get Trubisky over Watson or Mahomes or RW3 and Dak falling to the 3rd round.

The same random Ohio State love is getting their overrated basketball team a lot of love when in reality I wouldn't be shocked if they got bumped in the 2nd round. Ohio State is the most overrated athletics program in the country. 

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Did Fromm beat him out legitimately or was it a case where the incumbent wasn’t going to lose his job?

Fromm was not very good. Tbh, Eason was better than Fromm. NFL guys agree too. Kirby is a good coach, but he laid an egg by starting Fromm over Eason for an entire season and then not giving Fields a real chance. 

Not sure Fields is that great, but he was 10 times the QB Fromm was and he will be in the pros. 

it was a combo of a lot of things  - a lot I mentioned two pages ago.   No one truly thought Fromm was better but he played the best two games of his career in the Rose and Natty - he peaked then as a Freshman.    Remember, even Trevor Lawrence - the golden child - wasn't the starter until 35-40% of the season was over his Freshman year.

I don't disagree w/ Kirby and staff that Fromm should have been the starter to begin the year - he should have been and earned it and knew the offense, etc, etc.  The problem was Kirby just thought Justin would be satisfied to curb the bench his Freshman year - there should have been more of an effort to get him meaningful time in games - guys like True will try and convince you he didn't deserve it but he did - there were plenty of reports/links that Justin practiced well and large percentage of the team knew he was better - especially as the season progressed and Justin developed - alternatively Clemson had a plan to work Trevor in as the season progressed and Clemson has a Natty because of it.   It's not a coincidence that Fields was 2nd runner-up to the Heisman as a true Sophmore - it wasn't some magical transformation and it wasn't just the Ohio State offense.    Alas it didn't happen.    Also, I wouldn't get it twisted - Fromm > Eason while they were both at UGA.    Sure Eason is the better pro prospect and Fromm had the least talent of the three by far but Eason had accuracy issues and apparently some fun/party distractions off the field as well - Eason left the door open and Fromm marched through it.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

it was a combo of a lot of things  - a lot I mentioned two pages ago.   No one truly thought Fromm was better but he played the best two games of his career in the Rose and Natty - he peaked then as a Freshman.    Remember, even Trevor Lawrence - the golden child - wasn't the starter until 35-40% of the season was over his Freshman year.

I don't disagree w/ Kirby and staff that Fromm should have been the starter to begin the year - he should have been and earned it and knew the offense, etc, etc.  The problem was Kirby just thought Justin would be satisfied to curb the bench his Freshman year - there should have been more of an effort to get him meaningful time in games - guys like True will try and convince you he didn't deserve it but he did - there were plenty of reports/links that Justin practiced well and large percentage of the team knew he was better - especially as the season progressed and Justin developed.   It's not a coincidence that Fields was 2nd runner-up to the Heisman as a true Sophmore - it wasn't some magical transformation and it wasn't just the Ohio State offense.    Alas it didn't happen.    Also, I wouldn't get it twisted - Fromm > Eason while they were both at UGA.    Sure Eason is the better pro prospect and Fromm had the least talent of the three by far but Eason had accuracy issues and apparently some fun/party distractions off the field as well - Eason left the door open and Fromm marched through it.

Hey Fields always will have that mystifying 4th and 11 decision in the 2018 SECCG. So he did get meaningful time in a big game! Even if it was an absolutely horrific decision that was so blatantly obvious once everyone saw him in the game. 

Fields would have been successful at UGA for sure, but idk if he would have had the success he did at Ohio State. Some of that is playing in a really bad conference, and some of that is on the UGA coaching staff. Kirby is a good recruiter and a good defensive coach don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure offensively they were going to let him have the keys to the kingdom like they did at Ohio State. 

Similar thing with Eason. He left and got better which is good because players are supposed to get better the older they get. You can say some of that was because of the Pac 12 being bad too though, but I wonder if some of it falls on the UGA staff as well. 

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Still haven’t brought his name up.. I leave that for you guys.. bottom line is, he didn’t earn it.. one day you’ll quit making excuses for him and acknowledge that fact. 

No one day you’ll stop being in denial about Kirby and co being wrong ..your post are comedy because you will be like “Fields no chip no hiesman 😍” but then we look at the guy he couldn’t beat out and he’s has no chips..1 playoff appearance..and the only hope he had of winning the hiesman ended every time the season started 😭😭😭 

but you still want to push the line, man sit down nobody is believing a guy that can barely get 200 yards a game was worth a **** to beat out but UGA homers 

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

My favorite part is how you didn't even answer his question about Mac. Mac could very well be better than either guy. His deep ball was the best in the country last year and arguably better than several NFL starters. Funny thing is, you could argue Ohio State had a bet

Mac had a better year than Fields or Wilson EVER had. Alabama's competition was FAR better than anyone Ohio State played too. The Big 10 is such a weak conference lol. There were probably 4/5 teams in the SEC outside of Alabama that would have easily been the 2nd best team in that weak conference. Mac made throws this year that were absolutely nuts and he did it consistently. Against the best teams, he was at his best. See what he did vs A&M, UGA, Florida, and Ohio State. Dude was on point. 

What Mac consistently did as a starter was tear up EVERYONE he played. Can't say the same about Fields or Wilson.

So its' not that far fetched to take Mac (the guy who produced all the time) over Fields or Wilson who didn't always produce when they needed to. Taking a guy solely because his "measurables" are better is how you get Trubisky over Watson or Mahomes or RW3 and Dak falling to the 3rd round.

The same random Ohio State love is getting their overrated basketball team a lot of love when in reality I wouldn't be shocked if they got bumped in the 2nd round. Ohio State is the most overrated athletics program in the country. 

Plug zach or fields on bamma and they doing everything mac jones did and walking away with a hiesman, they are better QBs than him 

5 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Plug zach or fields on bamma and they doing everything mac jones did and walking away with a hiesman, they are better QBs than him 

If Fields was good enough to win the heisman he would have done so at ohio st.  His job would have been much harder at Alabama and he definitely wouldn't have won the starting job from Mac.

11 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

If Fields was good enough to win the heisman he would have done so at ohio st.  His job would have been much harder at Alabama and he definitely wouldn't have won the starting job from Mac.

No it wouldn’t have, Mac would’ve transferred period …Fields def would’ve won a hiesman on bama ..Mac wasn’t a better prospect than fields or better player he benefitted from being at bama, and having a loaded WR group …Mac at Ohio st would make the playoffs ? Beat Clemson ? Yeah ****in right you on that pipe this morning. Jones couldn’t even beat out Hurts and he was suspect as **** at bama. 

Just now, Macknsweetjones said:

Parading around the notion of Justin fields couldn’t beat out a practice squad player is also not a legit argument but we see you push that ignorant line on here everyday 😏

Did he?

no

ok

40 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Fields played on a team with just as much talent as Alabama did though. If anything, they have more WR talent than Alabama did. They had recruited better WR talent, albiet by a small margin. Who knows about Wilson though. He makes some tough throws, but how good is he really? I think he could be very good, but only time will tell I guess. 

38 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

Watch the tape 

People don't want to admit that Ohio State had a deeper, more talented WR room than Mac did most of the year. Mac lost a guy who could go in the top 10 of the draft and didn't miss a beat. If anything, he was better. 

Fields had iffy moments against teams that wouldn't win the American. I'm honestly not sure anyone outside of Ohio State in the Big 10 would have won the American. That conference without Ohio State is so bad lol. Fields benefited so much from playing in a trash conference. 

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

People don't want to admit that Ohio State had a deeper, more talented WR room than Mac did most of the year. Mac lost a guy who could go in the top 10 of the draft and didn't miss a beat. If anything, he was better. 

Fields had iffy moments against teams that wouldn't win the American. I'm honestly not sure anyone outside of Ohio State in the Big 10 would have won the American. That conference without Ohio State is so bad lol. Fields benefited so much from playing in a trash conference. 

I don't disagree about the strength of schedule, but I'm not really buying that Mac Jones was hamstrung by only having the Heisman winner and Jaylen Waddle, both of whom could go in the first round.

11 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Mac Jones had way more talent around him than Justin Fields. Not even close. It's Alabama with their top recruiting classes, Heisman winner WR Devonta Smith and a dominant RB Najee Harris. This is not up for debate, no comparison. 

Another point you have to keep in mind, Ohio State only played 5 games in the regular season, while Alabama played 10 games in the regular season. Regular season wise that's TWICE as many games for Alabama to improve and get reps in as Ohio State. That's a significant difference. 

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I don't disagree about the strength of schedule, but I'm not really buying that Mac Jones was hamstrung by only having the Heisman winner and Jaylen Waddle, both of whom could go in the first round.

Waddle for how long though? I ducking hate the fact that I like Mac as much as I do. 

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Heck, Jake Fromm played in the SEC. Practice squad.

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Exactly...:lol: Mac Jones?  

25 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Mac Jones had way more talent around him than Justin Fields. Not even close. It's Alabama with their top recruiting classes, Heisman winner WR Devonta Smith and a dominant RB Najee Harris. This is not up for debate, no comparison. 

Another point you have to keep in mind, Ohio State only played 5 games in the regular season, while Alabama played 10 games in the regular season. Regular season wise that's TWICE as many games for Alabama to improve and get reps in as Ohio State. That's a significant difference. 

Go watch the tape.  Look how open Ohio st receivers are compared to Alabama's. It's crazy.  Fields threw maybe 3 tds that I'd consider to be good throws.  The rest were wide open or 50/50 jump balls that his receivers bailed him out on.

56 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

I can only imagine the ignorant posting on your behalf is he was drafted and asked to back up MR. 

boy oh boy

You such a blind fool, I’m the the conductor of drafting Justin Fields and letting him back up Ryan. I been calling out your ignorance on this board for a minute now..you have nothing to say that’s remotely logically anything you say is a contradiction on this topic, you actually pretty weird when it comes to fields anyway ..tell me what did the kid do to you 😏 make you little friend Kirby look small ? Awww 😏

sit this one out and stay out of grown folks conversations 😌

17 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

You such a blind fool, I’m the the conductor of drafting Justin Fields and letting him back up Ryan. I been calling out your ignorance on this board for a minute now..you have nothing to say that’s remotely logically anything you say is a contradiction on this topic, you actually pretty weird when it comes to fields anyway ..tell me what did the kid do to you 😏 make you little friend Kirby look small ? Awww 😏

sit this one out and stay out of grown folks conversations 😌

We can’t talk QBs on here because you always have butt hurt losers that can’t imagine life without Ryan or any competition in his vicinity because they’re constantly dying to be heard. The arguments are consistently weak but we can never get past even the right to talk about QB prospects because it’s a constant waste to even engage.