Why all the Fields hate and Wilson love🤔

14 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

If you're gonna bring up what other qbs have around them you have to mention when fields team bails him out because he played like trash. If not for sermons 300+ rushing yards that game never even happens. Those are facts.

Justin Fields beat Northwestern. Zach Wilson  lost to Coastal Carolina.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, don't lump us all together. Some of us aren't fans of either.

I dont get it. I hear people say he is Vick 2.0 or he is a system QB. Anybody from metro Atlanta would know the kids journey and development. He has worked with QB guru's since the 8th grade, same as

This must be selective reading. There's been plenty of love thrown at Fields on these boards and plenty of hate thrown at Wilson

1 hour ago, abcranford2 said:

how can you say that about mac jones and not fields.  At least alabama was playing teams with talent closer to theirs.  Ohio St has better players at every position by far than the teams they play.   

Even the Falcons are not dumb enough to trade down to grab a Mac Jones with Justin Fields OR Zach Wilson sitting at 4...

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Its funny watching some of these guys frantically defending fields with much more conviction than they've ever defended any falcon player...

Some of these guys say the SAME thing while watching the frenetic defending of Matt Ryan...

3 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Even the Falcons are not dumb enough to trade down to grab a Mac Jones with Justin Fields OR Zach Wilson sitting at 4...

I do think its pretty realistic that Mac Jones could have a better career than both of those guys though

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

I like both guys.  I just think Fields is likely more durable, and has more raw talent all around.  He's played against higher competition.  As noted in this thread, he straight obliterated Clemson on a very, very large stage.  Zach Wilson has a lot of talent and he's a gamer for sure.  I worry about his frame and his style of play, but he has a lot of upside.  Injury history worries me too with him.

Fields has everything you're looking for, as does Lawrence.  Lawrence has been more consistent and has done it longer, mostly through no fault of Justin Fields.  I see them as the clear 1 and 2.  I still don't want a QB, but that's how I rank them.

Lance is boom or bust.  Huge talent, huge arm, apparently great work ethic, but they schemed their receivers wide open against weak competition so much I just have no idea whether it translates to the NFL.  Someone will take him in the first, but I don't see it personally.  They might end up guessing right, but it is very much a guess, and I don't like first round guesses.

Great post. 

1 hour ago, lju713 said:

You HAVEN'T washed any film on this kid at all. He is a PASS first QB, that happens to be a great athlete. Fields has the potential to be a 6'3 Russel Wilson type. The fact that Ohio State ran that offense isn't his fault, thats what they ASKED him to do. UGA ran the a pro style offense, and Chaney coached Brees before, so it's not like Fields forgot any of those lessons. Had he stayed here he would've still been a top 10 pick. The NFL drafts off of potential, production helps too, but mainly its potential. If Josh Allen and Wentz made the transition....why couldn't Fields do the same.

Heck, Jalen Hurts, QUESTIONABLE armed Jalen Hurts ran off Wentz. If Hurts can do that, the sky is the limit for Justin Fields potential in the NFL.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

the kid said walking off the field to one other teammate, when complimented how he played:

"Yeah, I was f-ing good handing the ball off"

he said it to ONE teammate walking off the field - the kind of thing any teammate might say to another and it wasn't said aloud nor across more than one other teammate - basically a private convo that got caught on a hot mic.

and folks like True and others w/ an ax to grind made it out like he was Benedict Arnold.....that's exactly what happened - but the haters used it for gasoline.

In the two years since Justin left, he has never uttered one negative thing against UGA, Kirby nor the program - not once. ;)

**** man.. as far as you are in him, I’d think you’d get the quote right by now.. no axe over here guy.. just eating popcorn while your boy has yet to win the accolades you anointed him with in high school.

:tiphat:

10 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Heck, Jalen Hurts, QUESTIONABLE armed Jalen Hurts ran off Wentz. If Hurts can do that, the sky is the limit for Justin Fields potential in the NFL.

Hurts has a good arm.  His deep ball in college was pretty bad though.  He doesn't really take chances and therefore doesn't turn the ball over much but that is kind of both good and bad.  

1 minute ago, abcranford2 said:

Hurts has a good arm.  His deep ball in college was pretty bad though.  He doesn't really take chances and therefore doesn't turn the ball over much but that is kind of both good and bad.  

Hurts is a great leader and can make plays. His arm good or bad has always been questioned.

4 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

**** man.. as far as you are in him, I’d think you’d get the quote right by now.. no axe over here guy.. just eating popcorn while your boy has yet to win the accolades you anointed him with in high school.

:tiphat:

Yeah he is terrible.  2nd runner up in Heisman, two playoff appearances in two years and a 6TD performance knocking the Golden Boy out of the Natty. 😂

31 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah he is terrible.  2nd runner up in Heisman, two playoff appearances in two years and a 6TD performance knocking the Golden Boy out of the Natty. 😂

Sooo.. I’m hearing no Heismans and no national championships.. accolades you foresaw.. because you saw him in high school.. 

:munch:

Did you watch fields????...he hangs onto the ball too long and stares down his target.....only reason he had any success was all the 5 star recruits OSU had.....this guy isn't a franchise qb. I want a traditional 6'4,225 pound pocket passer, not another qb who gets hurts running when he still has weapons open if he just had a little more patience. This guy is not a future franchise signal caller the falcons need!!!!!

5 hours ago, No More Ice said:

If he wasn't good enough to be UGA's #1, why would he be instantly ready for being a starter in the NFL?  Fromm beat him out, and you see where he's at now.

Alabama destroyed him.  He'll see much better than that in the NFL.

stop saying dumb stuff just because a kid left your team and made them look like idiots  … the staff at uga were morons in picking that loser fromm, a game manager that was terrified to throw over the middle of the field.. beat out fields ??  .. 🐎 💩 …if Kirby told you bleach was soda you would believe it.

Fromm is on the practice squad because nfl coaches knew he was nothing more than a game managing back up (ain’t even a backup he’s on the practice squad 😭 bum) that’s what he was at UGA too coaches babied that loser..he didn’t beat out fields ..fields just refuse to play behind someone that was lesser than him ..and rightfully so 

Didn’t Ohio st beat Clemson into the turf  ? So  by your logic Trevor Lawrence will see more of that in the nfl and get his *** handed to him ..the number 1 pick and highly touted qb prospect since Andrew luck 

I’m more of a Fields person granted I’m a hokie so this Uga feud doesn’t involve me. 

that being said is IMO of the top four picks we have the best qb prospects for next season. We don’t have to take qb ( granted neither does dolphins or jets but tua and Donald have serious concerns. We can sit at 4 let the draft come to us. The only losing move is trading up 

Edited by Aluminafalcon
On 3/1/2021 at 4:23 PM, Spts1 said:

Fields demolished Clemson, one of the best defenses in the country, SIX touchdowns with rib injuries, gets DROPPED in the so called experts draft mocks, while Zach Wilson LOSES to Coastal Carolina and RISES in the so called experts mock drafts.

And then he was average at best against Alabama‘s defense that wasn’t anything special lol. It’s that inconsistency that drives people nuts. But he was a little banged up. 

Then there were the Indiana and Northwestern games too, but that’s been re-hashed a lot. 

Plus he plays in a trash conference. The talent gap for Ohio State and everyone else in the Big 10 is much greater than the talent gap between BYU and their competition for the most part. Year after year a bunch of Big 10 teams get hyped up just to lose every big game they play (looking at you Michigan and Penn State). Let’s be real, from top to bottom, the Big 10 was the 4th best power 5 conference in the country this year and you could argue it’s the 3rd best a lot of other years too. Just a conference where Ohio State is so far ahead of everyone else talent wise. Not even Clemson, Alabama and Oklahoma are that far ahead of everyone else. 

And Wilson? He has some good tape. Didn’t look good against Coastal Carolina though. 

Tbh, Fields and Wilson aren’t gonna be as good as Howell or Rattler who come out next year. Just wait for one of them. They are both better 

13 hours ago, abcranford2 said:

I do think its pretty realistic that Mac Jones could have a better career than both of those guys though

Mac has the best deep ball of any QB in this draft (even Lawrence). Don’t @ me lol

6 hours ago, No More Ice said:

If he wasn't good enough to be UGA's #1, why would he be instantly ready for being a starter in the NFL?  Fromm beat him out, and you see where he's at now.

Alabama destroyed him.  He'll see much better than that in the NFL.

Did Fromm beat him out legitimately or was it a case where the incumbent wasn’t going to lose his job?

Fromm was not very good. Tbh, Eason was better than Fromm. NFL guys agree too. Kirby is a good coach, but he laid an egg by starting Fromm over Eason for an entire season and then not giving Fields a real chance. 

Not sure Fields is that great, but he was 10 times the QB Fromm was and he will be in the pros. 

8 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

It never does, he just push the goal post in defense of a guy that made the practice squad in the nfl 

Still haven’t brought his name up.. I leave that for you guys.. bottom line is, he didn’t earn it.. one day you’ll quit making excuses for him and acknowledge that fact.