Why all the Fields hate and Wilson love🤔

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Trevor Lawrence has had a stacked team around him his entire career. He’s being called a generational franchise changing prospect 

I even heard one pundit equate him to a highly mobile Peyton Manning because of his "field generalship." What? I see a guy that stands and stares at the sideline waiting for someone to hold up a sign that tells him what to run. How does that in any way equate him to what Peyton Manning showed at Tennessee much less in the NFL. I personally don't think Lawrence will be a bad QB by any means but to live up to this type of hype is almost impossible.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, don't lump us all together. Some of us aren't fans of either.

I dont get it. I hear people say he is Vick 2.0 or he is a system QB. Anybody from metro Atlanta would know the kids journey and development. He has worked with QB guru's since the 8th grade, same as

This must be selective reading. There's been plenty of love thrown at Fields on these boards and plenty of hate thrown at Wilson

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

The Falcons need a quarterback at 4.  I'm highly suspicious of a Mac Jones who benefitted from having Najee Harris, a offensive line, that monster receiving corps, AND Sarkisian surrounding him. He is the first bust if any of them bust in the NFL.

how can you say that about mac jones and not fields.  At least alabama was playing teams with talent closer to theirs.  Ohio St has better players at every position by far than the teams they play.   

1 minute ago, slider said:

I even heard one pundit equate him to a highly mobile Peyton Manning because of his "field generalship." What? I see a guy that stands and stares at the sideline waiting for someone to hold up a sign that tells him what to run. How does that in any way equate him to what Peyton Manning showed at Tennessee much less in the NFL. I personally don't think Lawrence will be a bad QB by any means but to live up to this type of hype is almost impossible.

Yep. Lawrence’s hype is soooo bad for him. He’s got all the intangibles. Great arm, great size, great athleticism. But the reality is, he’s had such an easy job from the beginning 

20 minutes ago, lju713 said:

You HAVEN'T washed any film on this kid at all. He is a PASS first QB, that happens to be a great athlete. Fields has the potential to be a 6'3 Russel Wilson type. The fact that Ohio State ran that offense isn't his fault, thats what they ASKED him to do. UGA ran the a pro style offense, and Chaney coached Brees before, so it's not like Fields forgot any of those lessons. Had he stayed here he would've still been a top 10 pick. The NFL drafts off of potential, production helps too, but mainly its potential. If Josh Allen and Wentz made the transition....why couldn't Fields do the same.

its his fault for going to a school that runs that offense though

12 minutes ago, slider said:

I'm not arguing any of that. You asked a question about why someone would like Wilson over Fields and I'm just trying to give you why that might possibly be. I realize now that your question was entirely rhetorical and embedded within your post only as a statement of frustration over scouts opinions. I have no so called "dog in this hunt" and I have very little personal knowledge of any of these guys, I can only tell you why I believe someone might see more in Wilson or, in my case, Jones than in Fields. 

I think Jones would be the easiest 1 to scheme for and beat. Fields and Lawrence strike me as the we can do more with less type, because of the other athletic traits they bring to the table.

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yes. Although I don’t really see the consensus in TATF like the title suggests. I think the board is very divided on Zach. Guys either love him or hate him. As for Fields, most people like him. But it’s a matter of wanting a QB or not is the argument there 

I like both guys.  I just think Fields is likely more durable, and has more raw talent all around.  He's played against higher competition.  As noted in this thread, he straight obliterated Clemson on a very, very large stage.  Zach Wilson has a lot of talent and he's a gamer for sure.  I worry about his frame and his style of play, but he has a lot of upside.  Injury history worries me too with him.

Fields has everything you're looking for, as does Lawrence.  Lawrence has been more consistent and has done it longer, mostly through no fault of Justin Fields.  I see them as the clear 1 and 2.  I still don't want a QB, but that's how I rank them.

Lance is boom or bust.  Huge talent, huge arm, apparently great work ethic, but they schemed their receivers wide open against weak competition so much I just have no idea whether it translates to the NFL.  Someone will take him in the first, but I don't see it personally.  They might end up guessing right, but it is very much a guess, and I don't like first round guesses.

Just now, abcranford2 said:

its his fault for going to a school that runs that offense though

Nah. He went to a golden opportunity. They had a good defense and pieces around him. He did what worked for him. He is the best QB they have had up there in a while. He and Burrow, and Burrow did what Fields did, seized a perfect opportunity and won. Burrow wasn't a fit for that offense and made it work...so Fields should be able to make the same adjustment

1 minute ago, lju713 said:

I think Jones would be the easiest 1 to scheme for and beat. Fields and Lawrence strike me as the we can do more with less type, because of the other athletic traits they bring to the table.

Jones strength is his decision making and vision and the quickness with which he executes.  Not to mention the kid is super accurate and probably throws the best deep ball.

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I like both guys.  I just think Fields is likely more durable, and has more raw talent all around.  He's played against higher competition.  As noted in this thread, he straight obliterated Clemson on a very, very large stage.  Zach Wilson has a lot of talent and he's a gamer for sure.  I worry about his frame and his style of play, but he has a lot of upside.  Injury history worries me too with him.

Fields has everything you're looking for, as does Lawrence.  Lawrence has been more consistent and has done it longer, mostly through no fault of Justin Fields.  I see them as the clear 1 and 2.  I still don't want a QB, but that's how I rank them.

Lance is boom or bust.  Huge talent, huge arm, apparently great work ethic, but they schemed their receivers wide open against weak competition so much I just have no idea whether it translates to the NFL.  Someone will take him in the first, but I don't see it personally.  They might end up guessing right, but it is very much a guess, and I don't like first round guesses.

I agree bro. Its funny how folks will throw out the Ohio State QB narrative, but last time I checked BYU QBs in the league not named Steve Young held ALOT of clip boards in their day😂😂😂🏿

Just now, lju713 said:

Nah. He went to a golden opportunity. They had a good defense and pieces around him. He did what worked for him. He is the best QB they have had up there in a while. He and Burrow, and Burrow did what Fields did, seized a perfect opportunity and won. Burrow wasn't a fit for that offense and made it work...so Fields should be able to make the same adjustment

Burrow changed to a school that runs a pro offense and got with Joe Brady.  The leap Burrow made from his junior to senior year was a direct result of that.  To me it just doesn't seem like Fields has gotten any better since leaving Georgia.  In fact it kinda seems like he was a little bit worse this year.

4 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

Jones strength is his decision making and vision and the quickness with which he executes.  Not to mention the kid is super accurate and probably throws the best deep ball.

Jones had better talent around him than Fields, Lawrence,and Wilson in 2020. Even now Bama WR are better than what any of those schools have now. Metchie is a beast

2 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

Burrow changed to a school that runs a pro offense and got with Joe Brady.  The leap Burrow made from his junior to senior year was a direct result of that.  To me it just doesn't seem like Fields has gotten any better since leaving Georgia.  In fact it kinda seems like he was a little bit worse this year.

What!!! So 2nd in the Heisman voting and he got worst🤔🤔🤔🤔 come on dude you reaching now. So if Arthur Smith or any of these pro coaches won't tap into Fields potential like Brady did for Burrow?? So you gonna overlook the talent LSU had too. Fields better than Jones too. End of the day it Lawrence and Fields and nobody else is close.

Jones had better talent around him than Fields, Lawrence,and Wilson in 2020. Even now Bama WR are better than what any of those schools have now. Metchie is a beast

yea but Jones was playing against teams that had similar talent to his team.  you cant say the same for Fields or Lawrence.  Clemsons talent is way above everybody else in the ACC.  Same with Ohio State.  Wilson was probably playing teams with similar talent to his team.

4 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

yea but Jones was playing against teams that had similar talent to his team.  you cant say the same for Fields or Lawrence.  Clemsons talent is way above everybody else in the ACC.  Same with Ohio State.  Wilson was probably playing teams with similar talent to his team.

BYU conference is trash and when he played Coastal Carolina he was trash. They have Southern speed on that team and he fluked. The Big Ten and ACC will have several names called on draft day....how bout the Mountain West,🤷🏿‍♂️👎🏿

Just now, lju713 said:

BYU conference is trash and when he played Coastal Carolina he was trash. They have Southern speed on that team and he fluked. The Big Ten and ACC will have several names called on draft day....how bout the Mountain West,🤷🏿‍♂️👎🏿

Agreed BYU's conference is trash.  but BYU is equally trash.  So the level of competition is equal.  And yes the big ten and acc will have plenty of players called on draft day.  But the fact remains that clemson has a better player at every position than the teams they are playing, same with ohio st.

1 minute ago, abcranford2 said:

Agreed BYU's conference is trash.  but BYU is equally trash.  So the level of competition is equal.  And yes the big ten and acc will have plenty of players called on draft day.  But the fact remains that clemson has a better player at every position than the teams they are playing, same with ohio st.

I can agree. North Carolina has some talent same as Miami. In the Big Ten they have some decent defenses, but the QB playin that league has been garbage. Ohio State recruit like a SEC school and pulls kids out of SEC states that why they dominant that league

I can agree. North Carolina has some talent same as Miami. In the Big Ten they have some decent defenses, but the QB playin that league has been garbage. Ohio State recruit like a SEC school and pulls kids out of SEC states that why they dominant that league

look at alabama, they are playing uga, auburn, Texas a&m, ole miss, lsu, florida...mississippi state is probably better than any other acc or big ten team as well

28 minutes ago, slider said:

I saw him in person and he is a franchise QB. He is better than Luck when he came out of school. He is more athletic than Peyton but I dont know what he is above the neck

32 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Its funny watching some of these guys frantically defending fields with much more conviction than they've ever defended any falcon player...

Matt is the best QB we've ever had. From his 1st pass down to his MVP season, but that ship is about to set sail. 41m cap hit is tooo much for a none SB winning QB. Its foolishness to think otherwise

2 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

So what Fields did IN THE GAME against Clemson don't matter because Trey Sermon was good against Northwestern.  :lol:

If you're gonna bring up what other qbs have around them you have to mention when fields team bails him out because he played like trash. If not for sermons 300+ rushing yards that game never even happens. Those are facts.

1 hour ago, JCITOW said:

Well, I guess the only thing that will change some people behavior is death. You would think he would know better than say something like that out loud. People like that I would love to meet his parents—to see what kind of people they are or were. Might explain a lot.

Thank you, I have been looking for that article.