Why all the Fields hate and Wilson lovešŸ¤”

6 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Pretty bad misquote there.. but considering the source šŸ¤£

I'm confused. Ā I didn't say what that quote attributes to me, and I don't understand your comment as a result.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, don't lump us all together. Some of us aren't fans of either.

I dont get it. I hear people say he is Vick 2.0 or he is a system QB. Anybody from metro Atlanta would know the kids journey and development. He has worked with QB guru's since the 8th grade, same as

This must be selective reading. There's been plenty of love thrown at Fields on these boards and plenty of hate thrown at Wilson

34 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

most of the UGA fanbase dislikes Fields because Fromm was there boy and because familyĀ lawyer for Fields that got the transfer waiver (to OSU) byĀ usingĀ the incident withĀ UGA baseball player drunk screaming at one of the football gamesĀ Ā "put the N***g*r in"Ā  (to not have to wait a year due to transfer rules).Ā  Ā  Ā Most of the fanbase doesn't like Fields for that reason.Ā  Some small segment of fanbaseĀ may have other reasons but that wouldn't be worthy of discussion.

Did a University of Georgia student really say that? Thatā€™s surprising to me if that happened. I am not saying it did not happenā€”only that I am surprised in this day and age.

19 hours ago, lju713 said:

I dont get it. I hear people say he is Vick 2.0 or he is a system QB. Anybody from metro Atlanta would know the kids journey and development. He has worked with QB guru's since the 8th grade, same as Lawrence. He was coached at UGA by the same guy who coached Brees in college(Jim Chaney) and he said Fields was the most physically gifted QB he ever coached.

He left UGA for playing time and I can't blame him. But to say Wilson is better or superior to him is crazy. The level of comp they both played against should tell the tale. Fields played HS football in GA, and SEC/Big Ten college ball, so je is battled tested. Wilson looks more boom or bust to me. A nice arm and rockstar bravado doesn't mean you will be a good NFL QB. If I had a choice to pick a QB it would be Lawrence, but lets not fool ourselves like these NFL experts are always right. Me eye test says Fields will be fine as a NFL QB

Every young QB has progression problems when they first come into the league. Name 1 that hasn't and I will sell you my beach front property in Idaho.

Ā 

I donā€™t like either of them lol ESPECIALLY at 4 lmao.

Just now, JDaveG said:

I'm confused. Ā I didn't say what that quote attributes to me, and I don't understand your comment as a result.

I didnā€™t feel like digging further back and finding the posterā€™s post. Just thought that it was pretty badly misquoted and just sort of written off as ā€œsarcasticā€ when it was, in my opinion, creating drama and dissension amongst the team.Ā 
Iā€™m sure heā€™s matured a lot since then.. see.. thatā€™s sarcasm.Ā 

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

I didnā€™t feel like digging further back and finding the posterā€™s post. Just thought that it was pretty badly misquoted and just sort of written off as ā€œsarcasticā€ when it was, in my opinion, creating drama and dissension amongst the team.Ā 

Got it - thanks. Ā My take on that is pretty simple. Ā He said what most of us were thinking. Ā Because he was frustrated. Ā I think the idea that he was sold on a chance and never given it squares roughly with what I observed of how they (mis)used him at UGA.

4 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Got it - thanks. Ā My take on that is pretty simple. Ā He said what most of us were thinking. Ā Because he was frustrated. Ā I think the idea that he was sold on a chance and never given it squares roughly with what I observed of how they (mis)used him at UGA.

If a coach concedes to a player so easily, it doesnā€™t bode well for the future. Earn it.Ā 

I know in this social media world where everyone is judged to be either a "hater" or a "hugger" it can be hard for some to understand that the world is more complex than that. Field has his particular qualities and Wilson has his. Just reading the scouting literature, I sense more scouts trust the ability for Wilson to transition faster to the NFL game for whatever reason and since I have no knowledge of either kid, if given a choice between the two, going on what I sense from the articles and what I see on tape, I'd take Wilson. Not a hater or hugger of either. In my opinion the Falcons should trade down for extra picks and if Mac Jones falls to them, take him, otherwise stock the cubbard.

9 minutes ago, slider said:

I know in this social media world where everyone is judged to be either a "hater" or a "hugger" it can be hard for some to understand that the world is more complex than that. Field has his particular qualities and Wilson has his. Just reading the scouting literature, I sense more scouts trust the ability for Wilson to transition faster to the NFL game for whatever reason and since I have no knowledge of either kid, if given a choice between the two, going on what I sense from the articles and what I see on tape, I'd take Wilson. Not a hater or hugger of either. In my opinion the Falcons should trade down for extra picks and if Mac Jones falls to them, take him, otherwise stock the cubbard.

šŸ’Æ

41 minutes ago, JCITOW said:

Did a University of Georgia student really say that? Thatā€™s surprising to me if that happened. I am not saying it did not happenā€”only that I am surprised in this day and age.

it was well documented and in the national media.Ā  Ā YES it happened.

it was a pretty decent UGA baseball player that made those remarks - here is a link - one of many:

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/24884065/georgia-bulldogs-baseball-player-adam-sasser-dismissed-team-amid-alleged-racial-slurs

1 hour ago, slider said:

The Falcons need a quarterback at 4.Ā  I'm highly suspicious of a Mac Jones who benefitted from having Najee Harris, a offensiveĀ line, that monster receiving corps, AND Sarkisian surrounding him. He is the first bust if any of them bust in the NFL.

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

the kid said walking off the field to one other teammate, when complimented how he played:

"Yeah, I was f-ing good handing the ball off"

he said it to ONE teammate walking off the field - the kind of thing any teammate might say to another and it wasn't said aloud nor across more than one other teammate - basically a private convo that got caught on a hot mic.

and folks like True and others w/ an ax to grind made it out like he was Benedict Arnold.....that's exactly what happened - but the haters used it for gasoline.

In the two years since Justin left, he has never uttered one negative thing against UGA, Kirby nor the program - not once. ;)

36 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

The Falcons need a quarterback at 4.Ā  I'm highly suspicious of a Mac Jones who benefitted from having Najee Harris, a offensiveĀ line, that monster receiving corps, AND Sarkisian surrounding him. He is the first bust if any of them bust in the NFL.

Fields isn't even playing clemson in that playoff game if not for sermon against northwestern.Ā 

37 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Justin Fields had Trey Sermon, Master Teague, a massive offensive line (two of which are possible first rounders, definitely second) and excellent receivers. He was at Ohio State not North Dakota State and by the way they played in the National Title game. I'd say the talent around each was certainly not enough of a difference to to be of consequence when judging the talent. Mac Jones however has the "what we used to call" pro style offense straight from an NFL playbook under his belt and ran it to perfection. Fields is more of an option read type guy which the NFL has adopted from college ball but that style has a very limitedĀ playbook. The athleticism of the QB is more important than the decision making in that style therefore the ability to judge Field's decision making skills under pressure are more difficult to determine for a scout than for Mac Jones. I believe Jones is the best of them all and I think Bellichick will take him at 15 if he doesn't trade up for him. Possible TB2.

6 hours ago, RetroRoq said:

Yo GDawg ... much respect on this rundown.

I think it gives me a better insight of the inner workings of DawgNation and a kid who was probably influenced that things were going to be one way and found them to be another.

I do give him credit for making a choice, IĀ think coming into the pros, I personally would respect it more if he had battled it out, cause it seems eventually his talent wouldve probably won the day, but I have heard that talent isnt always the deciding factor at Georgia... so there's that.

As a pro prospect, he probably has all the measurables and a lot of the intangibles, but if he is coming in at #4, he has to be coming in to battle #2.Ā  I want him battling every single day no matter what anybody tells him.Ā  I will support him if he becomes a Falcon, but man he better be bringing it cause Ryan aint giving up nothin.

I am so glad that someone other than I knew what really happen at UGA between Fields and Kirby. I do agree with the competition factor though but as you so politely put it. Fields having all the talent in every category would not haveĀ mattered at UGA, just ask Jacob Eason about that and he gotĀ injured and lost his job to Fromm and never saw the field again as a starter

15 minutes ago, blknoble357 said:

I am so glad that someone other than I knew what really happen at UGA between Fields and Kirby. I do agree with the competition factor though but as you so politely put it. Fields having all the talent in every category would not haveĀ mattered at UGA, just ask Jacob Eason about that and he gotĀ injured and lost his job to Fromm and never saw the field again as a starter

I think the fact that he is a hometown kid will bring an extra incentive. We can't look at what was said about him at UGA. He progressed at Ohio State, worked with Jim Chaney,and would have Arthur Smith here. Lets not fool ourselves, Matt is NOT an Arthur Smith/Fontenot guy/draft pick. TF has seen Matt up close and personal for 13 yrs, so we dont know if Matt is the guy they want. If Sewell is gone at 4, Im sure Fields will be the pick.

Ā 

25 minutes ago, slider said:

Justin Fields had Trey Sermon, Master Teague, a massive offensive line (two of which are possible first rounders, definitely second) and excellent receivers. He was at Ohio State not North Dakota State and by the way they played in the National Title game. I'd say the talent around each was certainly not enough of a difference to to be of consequence when judging the talent. Mac Jones however has the "what we used to call" pro style offense straight from an NFL playbook under his belt and ran it to perfection. Fields is more of an option read type guy which the NFL has adopted from college ball but that style has a very limitedĀ playbook. The athleticism of the QB is more important than the decision making in that style therefore the ability to judge Field's decision making skills under pressure are more difficult to determine for a scout than for Mac Jones. I believe Jones is the best of them all and I think Bellichick will take him at 15 if he doesn't trade up for him. Possible TB2.

You HAVEN'T washed any film on this kid at all. He is a PASS first QB, that happens to be a great athlete. Fields has the potential to be a 6'3 Russel Wilson type. The fact that Ohio State ran that offense isn't his fault, thats what they ASKED him to do. UGA ran the a pro style offense, and Chaney coached Brees before, so it's not like Fields forgot any of those lessons. Had he stayed here he would've still been a top 10 pick. The NFL drafts off of potential, production helps too, but mainly its potential. If Josh Allen and Wentz made the transition....why couldn't Fields do the same.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

it was well documented and in the national media.Ā  Ā YES it happened.

it was a pretty decent UGA baseball player that made those remarks - here is a link - one of many:

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/24884065/georgia-bulldogs-baseball-player-adam-sasser-dismissed-team-amid-alleged-racial-slurs

Well, I guess the only thing that will change some people behavior is death. You would think he would know better than say something like that out loud. People like that I would love to meet his parentsā€”to see what kind of people they are or were. Might explain a lot.

1 minute ago, lju713 said:

You HAVEN'T washed any film on this kid at all. He is a PASS first QB, that happens to be a great athlete. Fields has the potential to be a 6'3 Russel Wilson type. The fact that Ohio State ran that offense isn't his fault, thats what they ASKED him to do. UGA ran the a pro style offense, and Chaney coached Brees before, so it's not like Fields forgot any of those lessons. Had he stayed here he would've still been a top 10 pick. The NFL drafts off of potential, production helps too, but mainly its potential. If Josh Allen and Wentz made the transition....why couldn't Fields do the same.

I'm not arguing any of that. You asked a question about why someone would like Wilson over Fields and I'm just trying to give you why that might possibly be. I realize now that your question was entirely rhetorical and embedded within your post only as a statement of frustration over scouts opinions. I have no so called "dog in this hunt" and I have very little personal knowledge of any of these guys, I can only tell you why I believe someone might see more in Wilson or, in my case, Jones than in Fields.Ā 

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

Trevor Lawrence has had a stacked team around him his entire career. Heā€™s being called a generational franchise changing prospectĀ 

Ā 

6 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Same. Fields is preferable to Wilson in every way to me.Ā 

Yes. Although I donā€™t really see the consensus in TATF like the title suggests. I think the board is very divided on Zach. Guys either love him or hate him. As for Fields, most people like him. But itā€™s a matter of wanting a QB or not is the argument thereĀ