Why all the Fields hate and Wilson love🤔

I'm kinda with you.  Wilson is more of a complete unknown, not as unknown as Lance, though.  No expert can convince dumb ole me that Wilson played 7/8 the level of competition that Fields played.  Both D1 but Power 5 and national playoffs vs BYU's schedule?  Really?  North Alabama and Texas State?  Don't even high five in the locker when you're done with Texas State.  

He might be great.  But he's not shown it.  

Fields curb stomped Clemson.  I'd take humiliating Clemson's defense over beating UT San Antonio if it's my choice.

5 hours ago, lju713 said:

I dont get it. I hear people say he is Vick 2.0 or he is a system QB. Anybody from metro Atlanta would know the kids journey and development. He has worked with QB guru's since the 8th grade, same as Lawrence. He was coached at UGA by the same guy who coached Brees in college(Jim Chaney) and he said Fields was the most physically gifted QB he ever coached.

He left UGA for playing time and I can't blame him. But to say Wilson is better or superior to him is crazy. The level of comp they both played against should tell the tale. Fields played HS football in GA, and SEC/Big Ten college ball, so je is battled tested. Wilson looks more boom or bust to me. A nice arm and rockstar bravado doesn't mean you will be a good NFL QB. If I had a choice to pick a QB it would be Lawrence, but lets not fool ourselves like these NFL experts are always right. Me eye test says Fields will be fine as a NFL QB

Every young QB has progression problems when they first come into the league. Name 1 that hasn't and I will sell you my beach front property in Idaho.

Man its Georgia....that's why. 

42 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Jacob Eason beat out the freshman Jake Fromm, then loses his job to injury. Kirby had no problem letting Jake make " those kinds of decisions" as a freshman.  In fact, I felt it was a mistake when Fields FIRST signed with Georgia because of the way they handled Eason.  He was a fool for even going there in the first place.

What are you talking about? Decisions about what? Jake ran the team the way the paid adult professional told him to, and did it well that year. Who is a snotnosed college freshman to tell the hc that he is being misused? The chances he had to throw the ball, fields tucked and ran. I'm telling you, it wasn't there his freshman year. And btw, how well did that transfer work out for eason?

My issue with fields is that for pro purposes, I think he's overhyped. Now, my personal reasons are that he has always been hyped and has always been basically guaranteed an nfl contract. He could have stayed at uga(see team, state, fan loyalty) and still ended up in the nfl. But, he decided osu was personally better for him. I want a player on our team who chooses the success of the team over their own individual accomplishments. Play like h*** for your team and the individual accolades will come.

4 hours ago, RetroRoq said:

I will admit I know nothing about college football, but I just wonder why he didnt win the job at Georgia and once he didnt, why didnt he stay and compete?

Thats it for me... I want a QB with the stones to battle it out.  There are many programs he couldve gone to and had his way, he went to a competitive situation at Georgia and lost and stopped competing there.  

How is he supposed to take the crown from Ryan? I just dont get it.  I'll admit though, I am ignorant in my knowledge of him beyond that.

There could be a book written on this topic. As a UGA alum, supporter of the program and also a Harrison HS dad to two kids there and about to have a third - I will give you my take.

First, you have to go back in time to when Justin entered the program.   Kirby was entering his 3rd season as HC, coming off a tough Natty loss that the Dawgs could have won.

The rookie Fromm was a game manager for most of his Freshman year but rose to a higher level in the RoseBowl win over Oklahoma and played well for 3 quarters in the Natty.

Now enter Fields....

So even with Fields as the highest ranked UGA recruit in the modern era, the job was solidly Fromm’s heading into the 2018 season.   Fields was a true Freshman and had to adapt/learn a new offense, adjust to college life and try and beat out a QB coming off a Natty - there was NO CHANCE that Fields was gonna start out as the starting QB coming out of camp.  That wasn’t going to happen.

Now, should Fields have received playing time and mop-up duty in September and more time as season went on? Absolutely. Kirby was asked early in year what the plan was for having two high profile QBs and he famously said, “The plan is - ‘there is no plan’ “  - and that was the truth - there wasn’t.     Now Fields was caught on a hot Mic after the South Carolina blowout saying to another player complimenting his garbage minutes “yeah I handed the ball off great” - said sarcastically.   He was not happy about the lack of opportunities as backup and Chaney and Kirby seemed to just want Justin to do mop-up and hand ball off.   My personal opinion is that between some of the prominent boosters and Kirby - they didn’t want a QB controversy and handled Fields to assure that didn’t happen.

The few opportunities he got, Fields performed.  The only extended time he got, he dominated in UMASS game.  After Fromm’s poor LSU game, there was a bye week before Gators game and Fields was supposed to be in line for more time - but then there was some behind the scenes stuff and player squabbles and booster stuff - of which I don’t claim to know all details- but there was some drama and believe that and Fields not playing at all in that game - that was the beginning of the end. - meanwhile Dabo had a plan for Trevor Lawrence - and he got more time as season went on and ended up leading Clemson to the Natty.   I am sure that grated somewhat on Fields as well as they grew up 20 miles from each other and competed in off-season and Elite 11.

There were likely promises made and broken from Kirby to Fields and his dad as well around the Florida game.   

I am not saying Fields was blameless - think he had developed a little of a bitter attitude and his lack of playing time - but his situation was handled poorly by Kirby and staff and I am sure if you administered truth serum to Kirby he would admit that he handled it poorly.

Fields was 2nd runner-up in Heisman the very next year as a true Sophmore and first year starter.

I watched the kid play 10 times in two years at Harrison.   He is uber talented. As good as he is right now, he is nowhere near his limit.   He is a more physical and bigger DeShaun Watson - very accurate with the ball - almost 70% completion rate and insanely low interception percentage as well.  Has speed, athleticism.

I hope the Falcons either take him or he goes before they pick - I have already seen my favorite college team blow the Justin Fields pick - would hate to see my favorite NFL team do the same thing.

11 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

You can be in denial all you want since it's probably your guy and all but I know what I see. When a QB does something every game it's who he is

There you go assuming again...I'm a trade down take micha parsons guy. I just find all the arm chair scouting amusing.

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

There could be a book written on this topic. As a UGA alum, supporter of the program and also a Harrison HS dad to two kids there and about to have a third - I will give you my take.

First, you have to go back in time to when Justin entered the program.   Kirby was in his 3rd season as HC, coming off a tough Natty loss that the Dawgs could have won.

The rookie Fromm was a game manager for most of his Freshman year but rose to a higher level in the RoseBowl win over Oklahoma and played well for 3 quarters in the Natty.

Now enter Fields....

So even with Fields as the highest ranked UGA recruit in the modern era, the job was solidly Fromm’s heading into the 2018 season.   Fields was a true Freshman and had to adapt/learn a new offense, adjust to college life and try and beat out a QB coming off a Natty - there was NO CHANCE that Fields was gonna start out as the starting QB coming out of camp.  That wasn’t going to happen.

Now, should Fields have received playing time and mop-up duty in September and more time as season went on? Absolutely. Kirby was asked early in year what the plan was for having two high profile QBs and he famously said, “The plan is - ‘there is no plan’ “  - and that was the truth - there wasn’t.     Now Fields was caught on a hot Mic after the South Carolina blowout saying to another player complimenting his garbage minutes “yeah I handed the ball off great” - said sarcastically.   He was not happy about the lack of opportunities as backup and Chaney and Kirby seemed to just want Justin to do mop-up and hand ball off.   My personal opinion is that between some of the prominent boosters and Kirby - they didn’t want a QB controversy and handled Fields to assure that didn’t happen.

The few opportunities he got, Fields performed.  The only extended time he got, he dominated in UMASS game.  After Fromm’s poor LSU game, there was a bye week before Gators game and Fields was supposed to be in line for more time - but then there was some behind the scenes stuff and player squabbles and booster stuff - of which I don’t claim to know all details- but there was some drama and believe that and Fields not playing at all in that game - that was the beginning of the end. - meanwhile Dabo had a plan for Trevor Lawrence - and he got more time as season went on and ended up leading Clemson to the Natty.   I am sure that grated somewhat on Fields as well as they grew up 20 miles from each other and competed in off-season and Elite 11.

There were likely promises made and broken from Kirby to Fields and his dad as well around the Florida game.   

I am not saying Fields was blameless - think he had developed a little of a bitter attitude and his lack of playing time - but his situation was handled poorly by Kirby and staff and I am sure if you administered truth serum to Kirby he would admit that he handled it poorly.

Fields was 2nd runner-up in Heisman the very next year as a true Sophmore and first year starter.

I watched the kid play 10 times in two years at Harrison.   He is uber talented. As good as he is right now, he is nowhere near his limit.   He is a more physical and bigger DeShaun Watson - very accurate with the ball - almost 70% completion rate and insanely low interception percentage as well.  Has speed, athleticism.

I hope the Falcons either take him or he goes before they pick - I have already seen my favorite college team blow the Justin Fields pick - would hate to see my favorite NFL team do the same thing.

Thank you for this. I get a little b***hurt at times knowing that fields probably could have taken the job from fromm that last year, and thinking about the possibilities with him at qb last year. I wish he would have stayed regardless of circumstances. Of course, I'm not him.

14 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Thank you for this. I get a little b***hurt at times knowing that fields probably could have taken the job from fromm that last year, and thinking about the possibilities with him at qb last year. I wish he would have stayed regardless of circumstances. Of course, I'm not him.

Yeah I was at Justin’s announcement at Harrison when he ripped off the Harrison Green & Blue jersey and revealed the UGA red jersey.  I was very confident he would win a Natty for my Dawgs before he graduated or turned pro.   I still believe that would have happened had he stayed - alas, he left and it didn’t.

Just now, g-dawg said:

Yeah I was at Justin’s announcement at Harrison when he ripped off the Harrison Green & Blue jersey and revealed the UGA red jersey.  I was very confident he would win a Natty for my Dawgs before he graduated or turned pro.   I still believe that would have happened had he stayed - alas, he left and it didn’t.

I completely agree. Last year was the year. It makes me frustrated. Stetson bennett grew up 9 miles from me, and went to the same hs as my kids, he did his best, but could you imagine justin with that team?

5 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

Be that as it may, he zones in on receivers time and time again. He may have ability, but he's no comparison to P. Manning. I see no similarities between Wilson and Mitch. You are entitled to your opinion, even if you are wrong 😂

Than you extremely wrong Sir😂🤣😅

5 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I wonder if Burrow would have ever developed into a star if he didn’t leave OSU...

as for Fields I wish he would have stuck w PSU, I may support him more then 😂 

Why cause he dumped UGA😂🤣😅

5 hours ago, lju713 said:

Im not impressed AT ALL. Field has been groomed to be a QB all his life, just like the Manning's. Coached up by several QB guru's around the clock. Wilson looks like Trubisky 2.0 to me🤷🏿‍♂️

I'm not saying one is better than the other, cause I have no clue, but hasn't Wilson also been groomed to be a QB his whole life?

5 hours ago, jidady said:

I could care less about the University of Georgia.

As a Falcons fan, I care very much that Fields didn't receive college training to go through his read progressions.

Typical Falcon Fans, this is why we are the laughing stock of the league 🤣

5 hours ago, RetroRoq said:

I will admit I know nothing about college football, but I just wonder why he didnt win the job at Georgia and once he didnt, why didnt he stay and compete?

Thats it for me... I want a QB with the stones to battle it out.  There are many programs he couldve gone to and had his way, he went to a competitive situation at Georgia and lost and stopped competing there.  

How is he supposed to take the crown from Ryan? I just dont get it.  I'll admit though, I am ignorant in my knowledge of him beyond that.

You dont live in Georgia so you arent aware of the full story

12 minutes ago, Mescalito said:

I'm not saying one is better than the other, cause I have no clue, but hasn't Wilson also been groomed to be a QB his whole life?

Realistically, kids start getting this training in sixth or seventh grade now. It's pretty hard to reach the NFL without that sort of preteen training.

So, yes.

12 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

The only QB I would take is FIELDS... if the go that way I would not be mad at all.. I believe he has the highest celling of all the QBs in the draft.. for me if he lands here in ATL he will be the best QB of this class better than Lawrence...

Bingo. The real question is why he isn't mocked to go first overall in the draft.  Imagine if Shanahan gets that kind of talent out in San Francisco.