Why all the Fields hate and Wilson love🤔

2 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Not to mention if Brees is the benchmark here I'm pretty sure every QB coming out is more physically gifted than him. 

It's true, and I've been here so freakin' long that I remember talking up Drew Brees before that draft when we were picking #5. All anybody wanted to talk about was his size and willingness to take a beating when running the ball. Oh, and he played in a spread offense, too.

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Fields was upset with the way he was being misused at UGA. Kirby is really just an extension of Richt. Fields was going off the field after a game they won saying, "Yeah, I had a good game handing off the ball".

I understand this point, but an 18y/o kid in his first season of college ball just doesn't have the experience nor where withal to make those decisions. He definitely has the talent to have replaced fromm in his second year though. As the year progressed, kirby would have been looking for a spark.

1 minute ago, jidady said:

Honestly, in terms of polish, I think the list goes Lawrence then Mac Jones then Wilson. Fields is definitely toolsy, as is Wilson.  Jones has probably already plateau'd or is close to it.

I think Trask is more polished than mac jones. That's just my opinion tho. Trask is one of the top 2-3 pro ready qbs. Obviously he doesnt have the upside of a wilson or fields, but I think the chance that he's a complete bust is much lower than either of those guys too.

1 minute ago, jidady said:

It's true, and I've been here so freakin' long that I remember talking up Drew Brees before that draft when we were picking #5. All anybody wanted to talk about was his size and willingness to take a beating when running the ball. Oh, and he played in a spread offense, too.

Yup. Ironically, and I say this with absolutely no intention of comparing the two, the same knocks that Wilson has. :ninja:

2 hours ago, lju713 said:

I dont get it. I hear people say he is Vick 2.0 or he is a system QB. Anybody from metro Atlanta would know the kids journey and development. He has worked with QB guru's since the 8th grade, same as Lawrence. He was coached at UGA by the same guy who coached Brees in college(Jim Chaney) and he said Fields was the most physically gifted QB he ever coached.

He left UGA for playing time and I can't blame him. But to say Wilson is better or superior to him is crazy. The level of comp they both played against should tell the tale. Fields played HS football in GA, and SEC/Big Ten college ball, so je is battled tested. Wilson looks more boom or bust to me. A nice arm and rockstar bravado doesn't mean you will be a good NFL QB. If I had a choice to pick a QB it would be Lawrence, but lets not fool ourselves like these NFL experts are always right. Me eye test says Fields will be fine as a NFL QB

Every young QB has progression problems when they first come into the league. Name 1 that hasn't and I will sell you my beach front property in Idaho.

When I watch Fields tape. I see an accurate passer with a good arm...but he does not read progressions. After his 1st read his head drops and he looks to run or panics and tosses it to his RB. If it was here or there's then whatever but I do not ever see him look off his first read to go to the next progressions to his #2 option. Zach will make a quick reads is accurate good arm and he goes through his progressions. I've seen him look off Safteys he finds the open man and when he moves in the pocket he isn't looking to run it panic he keeps his eyes down field. And I am not interested in the "Fields plays better competition". The best defenses he played Indiana NorthWestern and Alabama he played TERRIBLE. Even Wilson "bad" game against Costal Carolina wasn't as terrible as people said. I have allot more faith(on field only I don't go into off field concerns cause I'm no private investigator) in Wilson then Fields. You are allot higher on him so you won't agree but I got Fields as QB6 in this draft. I do not trust his processing during plays.

2 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Fields demolished Clemson, one of the best defenses in the country, SIX touchdowns with rib injuries, gets DROPPED in the so called experts draft mocks, while Zach Wilson LOSES to Coastal Carolina and RISES in the so called experts mock drafts.

I think you are overrating Clemson's Defense. They lost allot of talent after 2019 and weren't nearly as good in 2020.

24 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Let's face it, it's the flavor of the week thing.  It was all Fields a month ago, now it's all Wilson.  Give it a few weeks and Lance will have a great pro day and everyone will be on him.  

The winds change, it's that time of year.

I think that the flavor of the week does happen but I think in this case people just watched the tape. Also the fact that Ohio State QBs have all failed recently doesnt help Fields either

2 hours ago, Williamb said:

I understand this point, but an 18y/o kid in his first season of college ball just doesn't have the experience nor where withal to make those decisions. He definitely has the talent to have replaced fromm in his second year though. As the year progressed, kirby would have been looking for a spark.

Jacob Eason beat out the freshman Jake Fromm, then loses his job to injury. Kirby had no problem letting Jake make " those kinds of decisions" as a freshman.  In fact, I felt it was a mistake when Fields FIRST signed with Georgia because of the way they handled Eason.  He was a fool for even going there in the first place.

34 minutes ago, slick0ne said:

Fans kill me with that one read ****. Like they know the read/progression or what the coach is telling them lol.

Not hard to watch a QBs eyes in the tape. And if you wanna believe that the coaches tell him every play to bail after his first option isn't there the fine but I don't think any coach is that stupid

1 hour ago, FalconofShadows said:

I think you are overrating Clemson's Defense. They lost allot of talent after 2019 and weren't nearly as good in 2020.

Clemson had a top 15 defense out of over a 100 teams. 

3 hours ago, AustFalcon said:

2020: 8 Games Played, 158-of-225 (70.2 percent), 2,100 Yards, 22 Touchdowns, 6 Interceptions, 81 Carries, 383 Yards, 5 Touchdowns

2020: 12 Games Played, 247-of-336 (73.5 percent), 3,692 Yards, 33 Touchdowns, 3 Interceptions, 70 Carries, 254 Yards, 10 Touchdowns, 2 Catches, 32 Yards

Which would you pick?

Penei Sewell. 

25 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Jacob Eason beat out the freshman Jake Fromm, then loses his job to injury. Kirby had no problem letting Jake make " those kinds of decisions" as a freshman.  In fact, I felt it was a mistake when Fields FIRST signed with Georgia because of the way they handled Eason.  He was a fool for even going there in the first place.

I think he would be more pro ready if he had stayed, or gone to a different school than ohio st

30 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

Not hard to watch a QBs eyes in the tape. And if you wanna believe that the coaches tell him every play to bail after his first option isn't there the fine but I don't think any coach is that stupid

That's still assuming and y'all call coaches stupid all the time.