Why all the Fields hate and Wilson love🤔

9 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I agree, PSU is struggling. I like Franklin as a recruiter but not as a coach. Competing w OSU kills their recruiting, and some players just haven’t performed (mainly Sean Cliffords regression) 

thw Big 10 looked like it was on the rise, but now looks like trash, especially Penn State. They looked lost without Parsons and Freiermuth. They do seem to have found their mark in recruiting WRs though recently.

Michigan and Penn State both just can’t take that next step. Michigan State had that fluke in 2015 and went right back to being average. Wisconsin might be the second most reliable team in that conference, and whenever they play a team that’s got athletes, it gets bad. Wisconsin in like the Big 12 would be interesting. They would either get run over or impose their will on people 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, don't lump us all together. Some of us aren't fans of either.

I dont get it. I hear people say he is Vick 2.0 or he is a system QB. Anybody from metro Atlanta would know the kids journey and development. He has worked with QB guru's since the 8th grade, same as

This must be selective reading. There's been plenty of love thrown at Fields on these boards and plenty of hate thrown at Wilson

1 minute ago, abcranford2 said:

We had Lawrence rattled early in that game and after Tua's pick he settled and that was it.  Then Tua threw another one and it got worse.

If Alabama scores on that first drive to go up 7-0 after stopping Lawrence quickly, I could have seen them panicking a bit. Seems like whenever Tua threw a pick of fumbled earlier, things went south. See 2018 UGA and 2019 LSU. Not convinced if Alabama scores in the red zone early both teams don’t go into panic mode thinking “here we go again...”

Just now, tl;dr said:

If Alabama scores on that first drive to go up 7-0 after stopping Lawrence quickly, I could have seen them panicking a bit. Seems like whenever Tua threw a pick of fumbled earlier, things went south. See 2018 UGA and 2019 LSU. Not convinced if Alabama scores in the red zone early both teams don’t go into panic mode thinking “here we go again...”

Letting LSU score 14 points in the last 30 seconds of the first half killed us.  We still only lost by like 7 points i think...

Just now, abcranford2 said:

Letting LSU score 14 points in the last 30 seconds of the first half killed us.  We still only lost by like 7 points i think...

That was annoying. Tua had that last INT which was bad, but the coaches probably should have just gone to the half instead of trying to force things 

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

And thats the thing, Tua obviously had all the talent and all the physical tools...but Mac was better mentally and thats why we won with him.  He didn't make those costly mistakes in crucial situations.  So many games we had last year where whoever blinked first was gonna lose.  Mac never faultered.

8 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Michigan and Penn State both just can’t take that next step. Michigan State had that fluke in 2015 and went right back to being average. Wisconsin might be the second most reliable team in that conference, and whenever they play a team that’s got athletes, it gets bad. Wisconsin in like the Big 12 would be interesting. They would either get run over or impose their will on people 

I just wish Penn State could get a QB for once and build an OL. I remember thinking we finally turned the corner getting Clifford and Levis...they both suck. And oddly enough, Fields initially committed to PSU before changing to UGA.

Wisconsin is good until they have to come from behind or keep up with a high scoring offense. Overall, there just isn’t a complete team in the B10 outside of OSU, because OSU out-recruits the rest of the conference combined.

edit: I just realized you are in side bar conversations about 3-4 different colleges in this thread 😂 

Just now, abcranford2 said:

And thats the thing, Tua obviously had all the talent and all the physical tools...but Mac was better mentally and thats why we won with him.  He didn't make those costly mistakes in crucial situations.  So many games we had last year where whoever blinked first was gonna lose.  Mac never faultered.

Mac might be the most confident QB I’ve ever seen. And that’s awesome. Dude NEVER gets rattled. He knew once he got his shot he was going to thrive. He’s got that intangible winner thing about him along with an absolute nasty deep ball. I’m not sure there was a better deep ball in CFB this year than with Mac 

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Mac might be the most confident QB I’ve ever seen. And that’s awesome. Dude NEVER gets rattled. He knew once he got his shot he was going to thrive. He’s got that intangible winner thing about him along with an absolute nasty deep ball. I’m not sure there was a better deep ball in CFB this year than with Mac 

The pic of him with the stogey and his beer belly says it all...like a modern day babe Ruth 😂 

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I just wish Penn State could get a QB for once and build an OL. I remember thinking we finally turned the corner getting Clifford and Levis...they both suck. And oddly enough, Fields initially committed to PSU before changing to UGA.

Wisconsin is good until they have to come from behind or keep up with a high scoring offense. Overall, there just isn’t a complete team in the B10 outside of OSU, because OSU out-recruits the rest of the conference combined.

And when you don’t out recruit teams, you’ve got to something different. Running the boring ground and pound offenses that don’t seem to know what a forward pass over 10 yards is just doesn’t work. That’s why random Big 12 teams can sneak up on people. Iowa State is a weird team because they really don’t do anything that special on offense, but they are so well coached.

Speaking of Iowa State, I know people were high on Purdy at one point. That dude has like Osweiler written all over him. 

4 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I can't remember which game it was but there was a game early on where he got absolutely rocked.  And you could see the anger in his eyes, and after that moment it was like he was a different qb.

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Burrow is a dual threat. Thats how he beat Georgia. Wore them out. Defense was exhausted trying to chase him down.

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Yup..not some statue like Mac who’s more than likely gonna get killed at the pro level without that bama protection and we group

um....

Injury to rookie Burrow 'kind of tore everybody apart' - The San Diego  Union-Tribune

Joe Burrow injury: QB's tweet indicates he's out for season

Joe Burrow shows unselfish leadership even through season-ending injury -  Cincy Jungle

good example tho.....

🤣

7 hours ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

We can’t talk QBs on here because you always have butt hurt losers that can’t imagine life without Ryan or any competition in his vicinity because they’re constantly dying to be heard. The arguments are consistently weak but we can never get past even the right to talk about QB prospects because it’s a constant waste to even engage.

It’s posts like this that are the problem. Not the discussion of QB’s. Many fans want a new QB. Many don’t. It’s very divided. When something is divided, that results in constant debates and discussions. Sometimes they escalate. But the primary talked about topic on this message board for the last 3 months has been quarterbacks. 

Is it ok to want a new quarterback? Yes

Is it ok to call someone who doesn’t want a quarterback a “butthurt loser that can’t imagine life without Ryan?” Hmm...

Don’t tell me you can’t talk about QB’s. You can. That’s not the problem. 

44 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

He literally says everything thing I've said in this thread.  Even mentions Fields' mechanics.

Is this guy your boss ? He tells you what to think ? Dont tag me in any video of another guy giving his opinion 😂 I don’t value it as I don’t value yours. What this man suppose to he proof for me ? Let him think for you I’m good.

9 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Is this guy your boss ? He tells you what to think ? Dont tag me in any video of another guy giving his opinion 😂 I don’t value it as I don’t value yours. What this man suppose to he proof for me ? Let him think for you I’m good.

you can pontificate all you want but the film doesn't lie.

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

But they weren’t better until they got into Alabama’s system. Once they got into Alabama’s system they got better.

With as many high level guys as OSU gets (and make no mistake, they get more high level WR recruits than anyone), why aren’t more of them panning out? If it’s just the occasional WR that’s not panning out, that’s one thing, but it’s most of their recruits. Are they just that bad at evaluating talent or have all of their guys just not been as good as they thought they would be? It seems unlikely that even the 4 star WRs Alabama gets (Cooper, Waddle, Ruggs, Smith) would all consistently outperform these 5 stars Ohio State gets. Is Alabama just that much better at picking our talent than at WR than Ohio State? Or are they being developed better? 

I’ll give you the answer: it’s some of both 

It’s more the Bama receivers were just better.   Sometimes the simplest answer is the best answer.

10 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

I can appreciate watching film myself and having my own opinion ..it remains what I think and not what some other guy think..LIKE YOU 

cool but don't get mad and act outraged that people who actually know what they are talking about disagree with you