Why all the Fields hate and Wilson love🤔

2 hours ago, mqg96 said:

Mac Jones had way more talent around him than Justin Fields. Not even close. It's Alabama with their top recruiting classes, Heisman winner WR Devonta Smith and a dominant RB Najee Harris. This is not up for debate, no comparison. 

Another point you have to keep in mind, Ohio State only played 5 games in the regular season, while Alabama played 10 games in the regular season. Regular season wise that's TWICE as many games for Alabama to improve and get reps in as Ohio State. That's a significant difference. 

Actually this is wrong. The 5 year average for top recruiting colleges is as follows:

1. Georgia - 5 year average recruiting class ranking is 2

2. Alabama - 5 year average recruiting class ranking is 2.4

3. Ohio State - 5 year average recruiting class ranking is 5

OSU ranking is only hurt by being the 14th class ranking in 2019. Overall they recruit w the best of them on an annual basis though. If Fields was a OSU recruit and not a transfer their numbers would be even better.

on top of that, the SEC also had 3 other schools in top 10 recruiting w LSU 4th, A&M 7th and Florida 8th (also Auburn 12th) so the level of competition is much greater than the Big 10 (which pains me to say being a PSU guy)

as for the number of game arguments, you could also say since OSU played less games, their players were in better shape and fresher.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-recruiting-rankings-teams-with-the-best-classes-over-a-five-year-average-entering-2021/

41 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

You such a blind fool, I’m the the conductor of drafting Justin Fields and letting him back up Ryan. I been calling out your ignorance on this board for a minute now..you have nothing to say that’s remotely logically anything you say is a contradiction on this topic, you actually pretty weird when it comes to fields anyway ..tell me what did the kid do to you 😏 make you little friend Kirby look small ? Awww 😏

sit this one out and stay out of grown folks conversations 😌

Lol

How the **** do you consider that post “grown folk”?

goodness..

insert “don’t do drugs” or “stay in school” message here.

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

Heck, Jake Fromm played in the SEC. Practice squad.

And he was not very good. Mac Jonas holds the all time, yes ALL TIME, record for QB rating in a season. 

If Mac played with Ohio State, he would have done better. Outside of Ohio State, the league is worse than the Sun Belt 

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

I don't disagree about the strength of schedule, but I'm not really buying that Mac Jones was hamstrung by only having the Heisman winner and Jaylen Waddle, both of whom could go in the first round.

He also didn’t have Waddle for over half the season. He was borderline better without him 

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

Mac Jones had way more talent around him than Justin Fields. Not even close. It's Alabama with their top recruiting classes, Heisman winner WR Devonta Smith and a dominant RB Najee Harris. This is not up for debate, no comparison. 

Another point you have to keep in mind, Ohio State only played 5 games in the regular season, while Alabama played 10 games in the regular season. Regular season wise that's TWICE as many games for Alabama to improve and get reps in as Ohio State. That's a significant difference. 

Idk man, Alabama also played teams that were close in talent. Ohio State played none until Clemson and then got murdered by the next team they played with talent. 

If you look at WR talent, OSU has recruited on par, if not better than Alabama in that department. Alabama may develop people better, but Ohio State has been just as good in the recruiting part of it. 

34 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Idk man, Alabama also played teams that were close in talent. Ohio State played none until Clemson and then got murdered by the next team they played with talent. 

If you look at WR talent, OSU has recruited on par, if not better than Alabama in that department. Alabama may develop people better, but Ohio State has been just as good in the recruiting part of it. 

See my post above, the proof is there.

25 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

See my post above, the proof is there.See my post above, the proof is there.

Man it’s so true lol. Ohio State had one “bad” class because of a coaching question. They recruit on par with Alabama, Georgia and Clemson. They play in one of the weakest conferences in America despite what the talking heads may say. I’m serious when I say there are some Sun Belt teams that could jump into that league and finish 2nd. It’s bad

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Actually this is wrong. The 5 year average for top recruiting colleges is as follows:

1. Georgia - 5 year average recruiting class ranking is 2

2. Alabama - 5 year average recruiting class ranking is 2.4

3. Ohio State - 5 year average recruiting class ranking is 5

OSU ranking is only hurt by being the 14th class ranking in 2019. Overall they recruit w the best of them on an annual basis though. If Fields was a OSU recruit and not a transfer their numbers would be even better.

on top of that, the SEC also had 3 other schools in top 10 recruiting w LSU 4th, A&M 7th and Florida 8th (also Auburn 12th) so the level of competition is much greater than the Big 10 (which pains me to say being a PSU guy)

as for the number of game arguments, you could also say since OSU played less games, their players were in better shape and fresher.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-recruiting-rankings-teams-with-the-best-classes-over-a-five-year-average-entering-2021/

your points on recruiting ranking are spot on - however, you fail in one area.   There isn't a close 2nd to the last 4 years of receiver talent than Bama.    Bama QBs by far have had the best WR talent in the league - Olave was pretty good w/ Ohio State but he was the only real weapon and a distant 3rd to DeVonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle - both who could go top 10 and will go top 15.

It is undeniable that Mac Jones was helped tremendously by his weapons - of course Waddle was hurt good portion of the year.   Smith won the Heisman.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

your points on recruiting ranking are spot on - however, you fail in one area.   There isn't a close 2nd to the last 4 years of receiver talent than Bama.    Bama QBs by far have had the best WR talent in the league - Olave was pretty good w/ Ohio State but he was the only real weapon and a distant 3rd to DeVonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle - both who could go top 10 and will go top 15.

ask clemson's dbs how good osu's receivers were. they made clemson's secondary look like a bunch of highschoolers.

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

It is undeniable that Mac Jones was helped tremendously by his weapons - of course Waddle was hurt good portion of the year.   Smith won the Heisman.

What if I told you over the past 3 years, Alabama has had 1 WR ranked in the top 100 247 composite rankings compared to 7 that Ohio State has had over that same stretch? 

If we include the last 4 years to include 2017, Alabama had 5 that fit that criteria, and only 1 of those was on this year’s team.  Ohio State had 8 that fit that criteria with more than half being on the team still. 

Pretty much Ohio State has recruited better at the WR position than Alabama has in recent years. And arguably their best WR was a 3 star recruit. 

The gap between Alabama and Ohio State’s WR talent isn’t that big. If anything, Ohio State has a deeper group than Alabama. 

28 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

all you have to do is look at the tape.  Ohio St receivers were far more consistently wide open than Alabama receivers and its not close.  Yea Alabama receivers are better, but the level of competition they were going up against was way better than Ohio St's.  Just look at the throws Mac was making.  Look at the anticipation, consistently throwing the ball before the receivers broke off their routes.  The pump fakes to shake receivers loose.  He put on a master class last year.

10 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Reminder that last year Burrow had arguably a better supporting cast of WRs and TEs than Mac this year and no one said anything about it. Now suddenly Mac is only good because of the talent around him lol

Yea, LSU doesn't have the same mystique as Alabama.  Its just how it is.  He's getting penalized for playing at Alabama.

46 minutes ago, New Jersey Falcon said:

THIS.  He relies heavily on his supreme arm talent way too much.  NFL defenses will make anyone pay who does it.  Fields gets criticized way too much when Lawrence does the same.

Lawrence got Jay Cutler 2.0 written on him. He hasn't proved he can read defenses. He had some horrible interceptions in college.

26 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

Yea, LSU doesn't have the same mystique as Alabama.  Its just how it is.  He's getting penalized for playing at Alabama.

Burrow is a dual threat. Thats how he beat Georgia. Wore them out. Defense was exhausted trying to chase him down.

6 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Burrow is a dual threat. Thats how he beat Georgia. Wore them out. Defense was exhausted trying to chase him down.

I don't care how they do it.  If they are dual threat great, if not great.  The ones that have the best vision and anticipation are the ones that will last the longest in the NFL.

5 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

No it wouldn’t have, Mac would’ve transferred period …Fields def would’ve won a hiesman on bama ..Mac wasn’t a better prospect than fields or better player he benefitted from being at bama, and having a loaded WR group …Mac at Ohio st would make the playoffs ? Beat Clemson ? Yeah ****in right you on that pipe this morning. Jones couldn’t even beat out Hurts and he was suspect as **** at bama. 

Mac didn't transfer with Hurts, he didn't transfer with Tua, and he didn't transfer this year when we signed the #1 qb prospect Bryce Young who is a better prospect than Fields.

Also I think its no coincidence that Hurts looked a lot better at Oklahoma than Alabama, just like he would have looked better at Ohio St.

5 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Fields played on a team with just as much talent as Alabama did though. If anything, they have more WR talent than Alabama did. They had recruited better WR talent, albiet by a small margin. Who knows about Wilson though. He makes some tough throws, but how good is he really? I think he could be very good, but only time will tell I guess. 

No they didn’t have a more talented WR group than bama ..Ohio st core was good but it wasn’t bama level you’re trying to down play it for the sake of mediocre Mac 

2 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

Mac didn't transfer with Hurts, he didn't transfer with Tua, and he didn't transfer this year when we signed the #1 qb prospect Bryce Young who is a better prospect than Fields.

Also I think its no coincidence that Hurts looked a lot better at Oklahoma than Alabama, just like he would have looked better at Ohio St.

Right he didn’t transfer that is true..point is if fields was there his *** would just now be playing AFTER fields left just like with tua just like with hurts…it would’ve been no different 

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

Yup..not some statue like Mac who’s more than likely gonna get killed at the pro level without that bama protection and we group