Why all the Fields hate and Wilson love🤔

I dont get it. I hear people say he is Vick 2.0 or he is a system QB. Anybody from metro Atlanta would know the kids journey and development. He has worked with QB guru's since the 8th grade, same as Lawrence. He was coached at UGA by the same guy who coached Brees in college(Jim Chaney) and he said Fields was the most physically gifted QB he ever coached.

He left UGA for playing time and I can't blame him. But to say Wilson is better or superior to him is crazy. The level of comp they both played against should tell the tale. Fields played HS football in GA, and SEC/Big Ten college ball, so he is battled tested. Wilson looks more boom or bust to me. A nice arm and rockstar bravado doesn't mean you will be a good NFL QB. If I had a choice to pick a QB it would be Lawrence, but lets not fool ourselves like these NFL experts are always right. My eye test says Fields will be fine as a NFL QB

Every young QB has progression problems when they first come into the league. Name 1 that hasn't and I will sell you my beach front property in Idaho.

Edited by lju713

Just now, jidady said:

Hey, don't lump us all together. Some of us aren't fans of either.

All im saying is you can't deny the kids truths. Yes Im a UGA fan and didn't like him transferring, but je lead his team to 2 playoff appearances and a Natty. Fromm wasn't the reason we went to the Natty in 2017, it was Chubb and Michel🤷🏿‍♂️

2 minutes ago, lju713 said:

I dont get it. I hear people say he is Vick 2.0 or he is a system QB. Anybody from metro Atlanta would know the kids journey and development. He has worked with QB guru's since the 8th grade, same as Lawrence. He was coached at UGA by the same guy who coached Brees in college(Jim Chaney) and he said Fields was the most physically gifted QB he ever coached.

He left UGA for playing time and I can't blame him. But to say Wilson is better or superior to him is crazy. The level of comp they both played against should tell the tale. Fields played HS football in GA, and SEC/Big Ten college ball, so je is battled tested. Wilson looks more boom or bust to me. A nice arm and rockstar bravado doesn't mean you will be a good NFL QB. If I had a choice to pick a QB it would be Lawrence, but lets not fool ourselves like these NFL experts are always right. Me eye test says Fields will be fine as a NFL QB

Every young QB has progression problems when they first come into the league. Name 1 that hasn't and I will sell you my beach front property in Idaho.

Fields demolished Clemson, one of the best defenses in the country, SIX touchdowns with rib injuries, gets DROPPED in the so called experts draft mocks, while Zach Wilson LOSES to Coastal Carolina and RISES in the so called experts mock drafts.

2 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I don't even want a qb at #4, but Wilson looks much more polished to me. That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it

Im not impressed AT ALL. Field has been groomed to be a QB all his life, just like the Manning's. Coached up by several QB guru's around the clock. Wilson looks like Trubisky 2.0 to me🤷🏿‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Fields demolished Clemson, one of the best defenses in the country, SIX touchdowns with rib injuries, gets DROPPED in the so called experts draft mocks, while Zach Wilson LOSES to Coastal Carolina and RISES in the so called experts mock drafts.

I dont get it bro and it happens EVERY year. Anybody on this forum who is from GA would be lying if they say when Lawrence and Fields came out of HS, that you eye wasn't on them to be future Falcons. We produce toooo much talent in this state for the Falcons not to tap in

4 minutes ago, lju713 said:

Im not impressed AT ALL. Field has been groomed to be a QB all his life, just like the Manning's. Coached up by several QB guru's around the clock. Wilson looks like Trubisky 2.0 to me🤷🏿‍♂️

Be that as it may, he zones in on receivers time and time again. He may have ability, but he's no comparison to P. Manning. I see no similarities between Wilson and Mitch. You are entitled to your opinion, even if you are wrong 😂

21 minutes ago, lju713 said:

All im saying is you can't deny the kids truths. Yes Im a UGA fan and didn't like him transferring, but je lead his team to 2 playoff appearances and a Natty. Fromm wasn't the reason we went to the Natty in 2017, it was Chubb and Michel🤷🏿‍♂️

I could care less about the University of Georgia.

As a Falcons fan, I care very much that Fields didn't receive college training to go through his read progressions.

19 minutes ago, lju713 said:

Nah not to my vantage point. I've seen more folks saying Fields is a 1 read QB, and needs to sit a year....they act like he is Tebow

Exactly. First, it was Fields hasn't played a good defense. That started LAST season at Ohio State. He beats the best defenses, then it was " he ain't played anybody ", but yet those " ain't anybody " defenses were put in front of him as measuring sticks....UNTIL HE BEAT THEM. Then, its " Ohio State don't produce NFL Quarterback ", as if he is the same quarterback as the previous ones with some kind of Ohio State stain that goes back decades. Then it's the " he can't go thru his progressions ", which anybody can see he does very well when given time to throw the ball.  Meanwhile, folks LOOK for reasons to praise Zach Wilson who beat nobody and lost to Coastal Carolina of all people...:lol:

13 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Be that as it may, he zones in on receivers time and time again. He may have ability, but he's no comparison to P. Manning. I see no similarities between Wilson and Mitch. You are entitled to your opinion, even if you are wrong 😂

I NEVER said he was Manning. I said he was groomed to be a QB since his grade school years like Manning

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

I could care less about the University of Georgia.

As a Falcons fan, I care very much that Fields didn't receive college training to go through his read progressions.

Thats very not true.  

I've worked with a lot a lot of really good quarterbacks,” Avery said. “Justin Fields is the most talented quarterback that I've ever come in contact with. He has the ability to do everything with his arm. And then he's also going to run a sub 4.4 40. And he's 228 pounds. He's built like a rock, and his ability to process information, go through reads, all those things, it's next level.

https://247sports.com/Article/Justin-Fields-draws-high-praise-from-quarterback-coach-Quincy-Avery-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-147395848/

6 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Exactly. First, it was Fields hasn't played a good defense. That started LAST season at Ohio State. He beats the bext defenses, then it was " he ain't played anybody ", but yet those " ain't anybody " defenses were put in front of him as measuring sticks....UNTIL HE BEAT THEM. Then, its " Ohio State don't produce NFL Quarterback ", as if he is the same quarterback as the previous ones with some kind of Ohio State stain that goes back decades. Then it's the " he can't go thru his progressions ", which anybody can see he does very well when given time to throw the ball.  Meanwhile, folks LOOK for reasons to praise Zach Wilson who beat nobody and lost to Coastal Carolina of all people...:lol:

Thank you. He is best QB they had, who didn't transfer (Burrow). He could've went to ANY school he wanted.

I would say there is a split of people who like Fields and/or Wilson better...both on the boards and by the media. If your looking for a point to prove though, you’re only gonna see one side of it. I personally don’t want any of them at 4. I would welcome either of them to the team if they last to 35 though. None of these QBs are slam dunk prospects outside of TLaw, no matter how much the media tries to convince you otherwise. Saying the board lack Fields love is just nuts tho.

6 minutes ago, lju713 said:

Thank you. He is best QB they had, who didn't transfer (Burrow). He could've went to ANY school he wanted.

I wonder if Burrow would have ever developed into a star if he didn’t leave OSU...

as for Fields I wish he would have stuck w PSU, I may support him more then 😂 

10 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Exactly. First, it was Fields hasn't played a good defense. That started LAST season at Ohio State. He beats the bext defenses, then it was " he ain't played anybody ", but yet those " ain't anybody " defenses were put in front of him as measuring sticks....UNTIL HE BEAT THEM. Then, its " Ohio State don't produce NFL Quarterback ", as if he is the same quarterback as the previous ones with some kind of Ohio State stain that goes back decades. Then it's the " he can't go thru his progressions ", which anybody can see he does very well when given time to throw the ball.  Meanwhile, folks LOOK for reasons to praise Zach Wilson who beat nobody and lost to Coastal Carolina of all people...:lol:

You missed people doubting him after he struggled mightily against Indiana & Northwestern.😝

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I would say there is a split of people who like Fields and/or Wilson better...both on the boards and by the media. If your looking for a point to prove though, you’re only gonna see one side of it. I personally don’t want any of them at 4. I would welcome either of them to the team if they last to 35 though. None of these QBs are slam dunk prospects outside of TLaw, no matter how much the media tries to convince you otherwise. 

Lawrence is the one that I question when it comes to reading defenses. 

I will admit I know nothing about college football, but I just wonder why he didnt win the job at Georgia and once he didnt, why didnt he stay and compete?

Thats it for me... I want a QB with the stones to battle it out.  There are many programs he couldve gone to and had his way, he went to a competitive situation at Georgia and lost and stopped competing there.  

How is he supposed to take the crown from Ryan? I just dont get it.  I'll admit though, I am ignorant in my knowledge of him beyond that.

54 minutes ago, lju713 said:

He left UGA for playing time and I can't blame him. But to say Wilson is better or superior to him is crazy. The level of comp they both played against should tell the tale. Fields played HS football in GA, and SEC/Big Ten college ball, so je is battled tested. Wilson looks more boom or bust to me. A nice arm and rockstar bravado doesn't mean you will be a good NFL QB. If I had a choice to pick a QB it would be Lawrence, but lets not fool ourselves like these NFL experts are always right. Me eye test says Fields will be fine as a NFL QB

I like Fields and do not like Wilson at all. 

3 minutes ago, RetroRoq said:

I will admit I know nothing about college football, but I just wonder why he didnt win the job at Georgia and once he didnt, why didnt he stay and compete?

Thats it for me... I want a QB with the stones to battle it out.  There are many programs he couldve gone to and had his way, he went to a competitive situation at Georgia and lost and stopped competing there.  

How is he supposed to take the crown from Ryan? I just dont get it.  I'll admit though, I am ignorant in my knowledge of him beyond that.

He left Georgia for the same reason Jacob Eason did.  Kirby Smart was NOT gonna bench Jake Fromm for ANY reason. It cost Georgia a national championship. Kirby fumbled that quarterback situation big time.