These draft simulators can be addictive, so exercise with caution.  The algorithms appear to adjust as more and more amateurs, like myself, exercise decisions for their respective teams.  I think the Football Network sim is the best I have seen (most realistic), so I chose to go with their product.   I am trying my best to make these exercises as realistic as possible.

For this most recent exercise, I chose to not trade at all.  Most of these sims have a loose and unrealistic set up for trades, so I decided to go with the scenario that we will have no trade partners and will have to accept the picks assigned to us.  I will limit the mock to just 5 rounds.  Let's face it, I don't know most of these prospects and certainly after the 5th round, I would just be picking straws out of a hat.  Here is an example of what could happen:

1.4  Justin Fields.  There has been a lot of debate about whether to draft a QB in the first round or not.  For purposes of this exercise, I am assuming that Fields is a franchise-caliber QB that will need a season to be ready for the helm.  We draft our QB for the next decade.

2.35  Zaven Collins.   As time goes by, I think teams will see the incredible talent this guy has.  He could be an OLB for us in a 3-4 alignment.  He is big, fast, athletic and smart enough to rush the passer, stop the run and even cover TE's.  If we can draft this guy in the second, I would consider it a stroke of luck.

3.68  Javonte Williams.  It is no secret that we need a running game.  I was looking for a OL, but found better value in this talented RB.  This guy is powerful, decisive, protects the QB well and is a very good receiver.  He is the sort of bell cow we need.

4.108  Kelvin Joseph.  This is another value pick and happens to cover a need.  The cupboards are bare in the secondary and this guy can quite possibly start as a rookie.

5.149  Marvin Wilson.  Another value pick (I am a BPA person).  He has the strength to man the nose and enough quickness to at least push the pocket.  

5.181  Shakur Brown.  Again this is a value pick.  Brown has incredible talent but little experience.  The secondary needs a lot of building and I think Brown is a guy that can start in a year or two.  

I think this draft would provide us with three legit rookie starters, a QB of the future and a couple of very talented developmental prospects.  I am disappointed that I could not draft an OL.  The LG position is a major sore spot for me.  I was also blanked out of drafting a Safety, which is also a major weakness in our roster.  Also, I would have liked to draft a TE, but this draft has one, maybe two NFL TE's and drafting one, just to fill a need, did not make sense to me.  

Let me know what you think.  

I love it except the top pick. A QB is not in any way a problem solver on this team. Sewell, or even Slater or AV-T on the OL, Parsons at LB, or Surtain and Farley at CB would be guys who can make a difference day one. 

Give me one of them rather than a bench warmer, and I'd consider this a very successful draft. 

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

I love it except the top pick. A QB is not in any way a problem solver on this team. Sewell, or even Slater or AV-T on the OL, Parsons at LB, or Surtain and Farley at CB would be guys who can make a difference day one. 

Give me one of them rather than a bench warmer, and I'd consider this a very successful draft. 

I understand your opinion.  I did this mock with the assumption that Fields is a bonafide future franchise QB.  Of course, no one is a sure thing, but for purposes of this exercise, I went that route.  

I happen to think that Ryan has four seasons of very good play left.  And yes, drafting a top tier OL would help Ryan greatly.  All three OL's you mentioned were on the board at #4

56 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

No FS?

Regretfully.  I made a comment about that in the last paragraph.  I do mocks to get an idea of what TF will be up against.  I went for value at each pick, which left me out of an OL, TE and FS.  

The value of this exercise is that it can be the driving force behind Free Agency decisions.  

2 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Regretfully.  I made a comment about that in the last paragraph.  I do mocks to get an idea of what TF will be up against.  I went for value at each pick, which left me out of an OL, TE and FS.  

The value of this exercise is that it can be the driving force behind Free Agency decisions.  

Or vice versa.  FA will tell us a great deal more moving forward.  

I just replaced the entire team almost via the PFN sim:

15:    Patrick Surtain II       Alabama       CB                                 16 Players

35    Mac Jones                Alabama       QB                        Defense   9 players

37:   Levi Onwuzurike      Washington   DT                     2 CB's/ 2 S's/2 Edge/2 DT's/1 LB

39:   Richie Grant              UCF               S                        Offense    7 players

59.   Javonte Williams        NC              RB                    2 RB's/ 2 WR's/ 1 QB/ 1 TE/ 1 IOL

132:  Austin Watkins          UAB             WR

149:  Paulson Adebo         Stanford       CB

157:  Kendrick Green         Illinois          C/G

169:  Sage Surratt             WF                WR

170: Jaret Patterson         Buffalo          RB

180: Tariq Thompson      SD State          S

183: Elerson Smith          N. Iowa         Edge

184: Malcom Koonce       Buffalo         Edge

189: Nick Eubanks            Mich            TE

212: Erroll Thompson      Miss St.         LB

218: LaBryan Ray             Alabama       DT

Recieved:                            Gave Up:

2022 NE  7th              2022 ATL 2nd

2022 Car 6th

2022 CLE 4th

This would be the draft of the century. Can't happen in reality but it was easy in PFN Sim.

Edited by slider
2 hours ago, etherdome said:

Ok. 

12 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

Any draft with Javonte Williams in it is a win for me.  I don't think I've ever looked at film on a prospect and just could not get enough.   Lettuce pray.

RsyFYSOb9p9pIh5Rpr-gVrAWDLb-gSYMheV9IySe

5rvS-3r4YjeAIKXp8i-895wdiOjNIvLo4hXVXjiZ

Same, board is obsessed with Harris, I wouldn’t be surprised if Williams had a better career in the least.

12 hours ago, slider said:

I just replaced the entire team almost via the PFN sim:

15:    Patrick Surtain II       Alabama       CB                                 16 Players

35    Mac Jones                Alabama       QB                        Defense   9 players

37:   Levi Onwuzurike      Washington   DT                     2 CB's/ 2 S's/2 Edge/2 DT's/1 LB

39:   Richie Grant              UCF               S                        Offense    7 players

59.   Javonte Williams        NC              RB                    2 RB's/ 2 WR's/ 1 QB/ 1 TE/ 1 IOL

132:  Austin Watkins          UAB             WR

149:  Paulson Adebo         Stanford       CB

157:  Kendrick Green         Illinois          C/G

169:  Sage Surratt             WF                WR

170: Jaret Patterson         Buffalo          RB

180: Tariq Thompson      SD State          S

183: Elerson Smith          N. Iowa         Edge

184: Malcom Koonce       Buffalo         Edge

189: Nick Eubanks            Mich            TE

212: Erroll Thompson      Miss St.         LB

218: LaBryan Ray             Alabama       DT

Recieved:                            Gave Up:

2022 NE  7th              2022 ATL 2nd

2022 Car 6th

2022 CLE 4th

This would be the draft of the century. Can't happen in reality but it was easy in PFN Sim.

Great mock 

21 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

It's not the boards. Anyone who's seen the guy play is impressed.

You can be impressed with his play but also not want to take him in the first round.  There are a few really good backs in the draft, but you’d think only Harris was any good by most mocks here was my point.  His size won’t matter as much in the NFL as it did in college, he’s not Derrick Henry’s size, linebackers bigger and faster in NFL than college.  There are faster backs, with better hands that can be had in rounds 2 & 3 who I think will have better careers myself.

I like the PFF simulator best but they have some v different rankings compared to other sites (see Najee Harris) and they let you get away with a lot in terms of trades. That being said, this one could be the best the board has fallen for me so far...

Dream Mock Draft.png

Edited by alexhead97
On 3/2/2021 at 6:28 AM, Herr Doktor said:

This is one I threw together.  No trades, and selected largely BPA in each round.  PFN and PFF are wildly different from each other, and players appear to be ranked oddly as if the sims have not been updated since last year.  But...

download-2.png

I remember seeing a lot of flashes from Whiteside when I watched tape of Jordan Elliott last year.