Let's play a game - Guess FA signings

The boards are in the pre-draft/post Superbowl doldrums with basically the same arguments.  Let's think about Free Agency and what may or may not happen.  Throw your theories out there, players we might target, players we resign, and players we ultimately part ways with.

19 minutes ago, RetroRoq said:

Players we might target for backup QB:  Andy Dalton, Tyrod Taylor, Joe Flacco, but my preference would be CJ Beatherd, who is only 27 years old and has started 12 games with the 9ers.  Current salary is less than a million, it wont take much to get him in here.

Beathard has run a similar offense to Arthur Smith's.  He'd be a solid choice as a backup.  The price would be right for sure.

Seeing Flacco be Ryan's back up would be funny.

I have been meaning to do a list of interesting players that the new regime has ties too....there are alot.

One guy that I think ( ok well wishful thinking) that we will bring in is Cordarrelle Patterson.

I have wanted him for a long time .

We need more in the return game  and he would give the offense another element that we have been lacking.

3 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I'd take Beasley back for league minimum 

Just like a dog goes back to its vomit

The best thing about Vic Beasley is he inspired that re-tweet when Shefter or someone said he wanted to open a large church in Georgia, and the guy who retweeted it said "can't -- he'd have to show up on Sunday."

I expect restructuring to happen on a fairly above average level.  

I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick up a veteran running back, corner or quarterback and possibly some linemen in free agency.     

I can't venture guesses as to who because we have such a new regime of decision makers.   New GM, HC, DC, OC, STC and Scouting personnel make it absolutely impossible for me to guess who we'll be targeting, who we'll be cutting, who we'll restructure and who we pick up in FA, but I'll enjoy watching it unfold.

6 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

I'd like to see LB Jayon Brown and Edge Tyus Bowser. They been getting decent reps and in Bowser's case, just been playing behind a better player. But still better than what we got on one end of the line.

And they'll probably be relatively cheap.

Got to think that we are probably doling out one year contracts for a chunk of the inbound FA.

7 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Got to think that we are probably doling out one year contracts for a chunk of the inbound FA.

I agree. What's the possibility of two year contracts? Do players even do that. I can't recall hearing about a player signing a two year deal, but that's what we need. A few two year gigs because I think it'll take us that long to turn this thing around and get in a better cap situation.

I'm just not sure if players are ever on board for that sort of thing (maybe someone coming off an ACL? Usually takes a year before they are back to pre-injury production levels if they ever are).

23 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

I agree. What's the possibility of two year contracts? Do players even do that. I can't recall hearing about a player signing a two year deal, but that's what we need. A few two year gigs because I think it'll take us that long to turn this thing around and get in a better cap situation.

I'm just not sure if players are ever on board for that sort of thing (maybe someone coming off an ACL? Usually takes a year before they are back to pre-injury production levels if they ever are).

And as soon as I post this, I see JJ signs a two year deal with AZ. So an older declining vet, but still has some game. Interesting.