Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

This. McNeill had the burst and violent hands you look for in a DT. He could even slide over to the 3tech I’m certain. 

I agree, I've been really really high on Christian Barmore, but watching his film and McNeill's film showed that McNeill plays with a lower pad level.  Barmore has a tendency to stand up out of his stance once the ball is snapped. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

This. McNeill had the burst and violent hands you look for in a DT. He could even slide over to the 3tech I’m certain. 

My main concern is it doesn't seem like he plays a ton of snaps. That's not totally uncommon at the DT position but you have to know that going in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like them both a lot. I think we can add value bodies in FA for the line, and I think McNeill is a bit like what we already have in Grady. So, if that happens, I'm leaning Perkins, though Philips might top them both if he's there in round 2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

I like them both a lot. I think we can add value bodies in FA for the line, and I think McNeill is a bit like what we already have in Grady. So, if that happens, I'm leaning Perkins, though Philips might top them both if he's there in round 2. 

I don't see that at all. McNeill is a NT who can move and occasionally get some penetration. But most of what he offers to the pass rush is pushing the pocket and occupying double teams. Grady has been forced into some NT, but that really prevents him from being able to do the other things he really excels at - he seems like more of a 3-tech who CAN do more than that in a pinch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rugger8 said:

I don't see that at all. McNeill is a NT who can move and occasionally get some penetration. But most of what he offers to the pass rush is pushing the pocket and occupying double teams. Grady has been forced into some NT, but that really prevents him from being able to do the other things he really excels at - he seems like more of a 3-tech who CAN do more than that in a pinch.

Like I said, I like him, and I’ll be happy with the pick. If nothing else, he’s probably good insurance for the day they don’t want to keep paying Grady. 

In the end, whatever they do at NT and with scheme/coaching, I hope it benefits Grady, because frankly, he doesn’t impact games enough to be making the kind of money he will in 21.

Same with paying a WR $20mm to not score. Both those guys need to step it up. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Like I said, I like him, and I’ll be happy with the pick. If nothing else, he’s probably good insurance for the day they don’t want to keep paying Grady. 

In the end, whatever they do at NT and with scheme/coaching, I hope it benefits Grady, because frankly, he doesn’t impact games enough to be making the kind of money he will in 21.

Same with paying a WR $20mm to not score. Both those guys need to step it up. 
 

 

Yeah, we need to add to the DL. I'd like to see 2 - a NT type (I think Alim could be that guy) and a 3 tech who can penetrate as a DT and then play DE in the 3-4 fronts we show. That might cause a log jam, but I'd much rather have that problem than the lack of talent that we have in the interior DL now.

It's Grady and a whole bunch of other guys. We need a couple of guys who can make an impact and take away from the attention Grady gets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, rugger8 said:

I don't see that at all. McNeill is a NT who can move and occasionally get some penetration. But most of what he offers to the pass rush is pushing the pocket and occupying double teams. Grady has been forced into some NT, but that really prevents him from being able to do the other things he really excels at - he seems like more of a 3-tech who CAN do more than that in a pinch.

Yeah McNeill is definitely a Snacks Harrison type player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rugger8 said:

Yeah, we need to add to the DL. I'd like to see 2 - a NT type (I think Alim could be that guy) and a 3 tech who can penetrate as a DT and then play DE in the 3-4 fronts we show. That might cause a log jam, but I'd much rather have that problem than the lack of talent that we have in the interior DL now.

It's Grady and a whole bunch of other guys. We need a couple of guys who can make an impact and take away from the attention Grady gets.

I'm hoping Marlon Davidson can fill that role.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I'm hoping Marlon Davidson can fill that role.

Yeah, I expect that of him. But that's an area I want to be deep with starter quality. Rotate them and keep them coming hot. There are a few I really like from 2nd to maybe 5th round. At least based on PFN sims and DraftNetwork rankings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think we will be in a position to get either I'm afraid.  Perkins would have to be the choice, as I think we can find a DT easier in FA than an edge guy.  But, I'm still in the TD mind mode here and could be completely wrong with my assessment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perkins is BPA almost unanimously, sometimes by a vast margin depending on who's value boards you like. So Perkins.

Also helps after we trade Fowler 🤣🤣

But Perkins might be a little small for a 3-4 edge while McNeil fits. 

Edge is a lot harder to find for the $$. I guess it depends on the things most scouting reports don't always include like intelligence. We know our front end needs smart players according to Pees. Wonderlick? Haha whichever one isn't a dummy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...