Falcons Wire on Zach Wilson

55 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I wanna see his write up on Trask because so far all I'm seeing is people saying 'no' without giving a single reason why.

Disclaimer:  I realize they are all four very different in their style. I get it. I like all four of these guys. However:

Wilson lights it up against clearly inferior competition ( granted with inferior talent on his own team as well) and people love him  

Fields lights it up against competition better than Wilson faces but with better talent on his team than Wilson has and people love him too  

Mac Jone and Trask light it up every week against SEC and future NFL talent (albeit with SEC and NFL talent on their teams as well) and yet they are considered a very significant drop off from Wilson and Fields  

My point is this: I think any of those four have the potential to be All Pro at some point.  I also think any of them could be holding a clipboard or out of the league in three to five years. I think we are somewhat overselling Fields and Wilson and somewhat underselling Trask, Jones and several others. I guess that’s why GMs get paid the big bucks  

38 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Disclaimer:  I realize they are all four very different in their style. I get it. I like all four of these guys. However:

Wilson lights it up against clearly inferior competition ( granted with inferior talent on his own team as well) and people love him  

Fields lights it up against competition better than Wilson faces but with better talent on his team than Wilson has and people love him too  

Mac Jone and Trask light it up every week against SEC and future NFL talent (albeit with SEC and NFL talent on their teams as well) and yet they are considered a very significant drop off from Wilson and Fields  

My point is this: I think any of those four have the potential to be All Pro at some point.  I also think any of them could be holding a clipboard or out of the league in three to five years. I think we are somewhat overselling Fields and Wilson and somewhat underselling Trask, Jones and several others. I guess that’s why GMs get paid the big bucks  

The real question is do you take a shot at wilson or fields at 4 or possibly get jones or Trask at the top of round 2 or maybe even the bottom of round 1? I'm perfectly ok with taking a shot on Trask at the top of round 2 if we are keeping ryan. The pay for that pick isn't anywhere close to what we would have to pay fields or wilson and we could still use pick 4 to trade down and accumulate more assets. That is an easy decision to me. Qb at 4 is too risky and too expensive with Ryan still in tow.

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The real question is do you take a shot at wilson or fields at 4 or possibly get jones or Trask at the top of round 2 or maybe even the bottom of round 1? I'm perfectly ok with taking a shot on Trask at the top of round 2 if we are keeping ryan. The pay for that pick isn't anywhere close to what we would have to pay fields or wilson and we could still use pick 4 to trade down and accumulate more assets. That is an easy decision to me. Qb at 4 is too risky and too expensive with Ryan still in tow.

Definitely wouldn't mind a QB....just dont want one with the first pick 

42 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Definitely wouldn't mind a QB....just dont want one with the first pick 

I actually want a QB this draft. I'd be happy with Trask, Jones Ehlinger, etc etc, LATER in the draft, not at 4. All these guys clamoring over Lawrence, Fields and Wilson are one day going to look back and see Trask should have been included in their bromance list, he's going to be a good one

I understand that some of you doesn't want a QB at pick #4. However, we have to start looking to the future; I also understand the last time the Falcons picked a QB was 13 years ago and we havent had a stable backup for awhile at least not 1 that has came in and won a game or two when Ryan went down. Also, if we all remembered, we picked Ryan first and built offense and defense around him, we only had Jenkins and Roddy as offensive pieces than we got Micheal the "Burner" Turner in Free Agency. If the Falcons do draft a QB at 4 and whomever that is, that someone will be the backup as I do not see a FA QB coming in here to be the backup especially if TF and AS are building this team for the future. I mean why would  TF and AS bring in a FA QB to develop that has flaws when they can draft a QB which will be their guy whom they can develop for the future 

2 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Wasn't really talking about the player....just the agenda.....

Which ...if it's your stance....is nothing wrong with it...just pointing out that you're persistent 

But hey you do you

I love you