Jump to content

Falcon Wire on Just Fields


Recommended Posts

I've seen him preach this on another site but I don't see it. Fields doesn't go through his progressions that can work in college but won't work in the pros. You'd have to run the Cam Newton style offense from beginning of his career and hope he learns to make progressions.

 

When is at Cam Newton offense I'm talking about most plays are cutting the field in half most likely on a bootleg or a bunch of dummy routes to where there is 1WR route and a check down as his only options and that will get figured out quickly

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FalconofShadows said:

I've seen him preach this on another site but I don't see it. Fields doesn't go through his progressions that can work in college but won't work in the pros. You'd have to run the Cam Newton style offense from beginning of his career and hope he learns to make progressions.

 

When is at Cam Newton offense I'm talking about most plays are cutting the field in half most likely on a bootleg or a bunch of dummy routes to where there is 1WR route and a check down as his only options and that will get figured out quickly

Fields runs the offense as Ryan Day and Ohio State want it run.   Your problem is with Ohio State offense, not Fields  - you just don't know it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FalconofShadows said:

I've seen him preach this on another site but I don't see it. Fields doesn't go through his progressions that can work in college but won't work in the pros. You'd have to run the Cam Newton style offense from beginning of his career and hope he learns to make progressions.

 

When is at Cam Newton offense I'm talking about most plays are cutting the field in half most likely on a bootleg or a bunch of dummy routes to where there is 1WR route and a check down as his only options and that will get figured out quickly

Sounds about right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Fields runs the offense as Ryan Day and Ohio State want it run.   Your problem is with Ohio State offense, not Fields  - you just don't know it.

And how has that worked for other Ohio State QBs? To me it seems like they focus on getting QBs that fit the 1 read offense they want so it goes right back into Fields

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will post this tidbit here. I think too many folks every year regurgitate what they have hear. Doesn't matter. None of the ex D1 and NFL play callers here will be providing input on the pick. 

 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/02/nfl-draft-justin-fields-one-read-quarterback-report

"It almost feels like people are going out of their way to find faults in Fields’ game. Every young quarterback locks onto his first read a bit too long. Every young quarterback gets fooled by an intricate blitz design or a well-disguised coverage. If it’s constantly happening, it’s a problem.  I’d say the opposite is true for Fields. He doesn’t get fooled often, and when Ohio State does “lose” the play-call, the young quarterback consistently figures out a way to bail his team out. In other words, he got the most out of an admittedly very good system; but he also elevated it when need be."

 

Edited by isproab
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Daywalker said:

Still waiting for someone on this planet to give any info for next years QB prospects . 
and ffs why does everyone  do a mock draft before free agency?????? 

Slovis from USC , Sam Howell UNC , maybe Rattler and there’s a guy from Oregon but none are rated as high as the top 4 this year 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FalconofShadows said:

I've seen him preach this on another site but I don't see it. Fields doesn't go through his progressions that can work in college but won't work in the pros. You'd have to run the Cam Newton style offense from beginning of his career and hope he learns to make progressions.

 

When is at Cam Newton offense I'm talking about most plays are cutting the field in half most likely on a bootleg or a bunch of dummy routes to where there is 1WR route and a check down as his only options and that will get figured out quickly

You act like he can’t be coached up he’s young and only really had 1 full college season of starting which was 2019 he has all the traits to be great you draft players on traits 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

You act like he can’t be coached up he’s young and only really had 1 full college season of starting which was 2019 he has all the traits to be great you draft players on traits 

One thing I've seen in *most* QBs is when things get stuff or a play goes wrong he doesn't do what the successful QBs do. He doesn't look down the field he dumps to rb or what was more likely he just runs. QBs gotta keep their eyes down field.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

he runs the offense that he is given - as did the other Ohio State QBs that didn't have 70% of Justin's talent.

Does it matter? That's still a knock on him coming into the NFL, which is why all these Ohio State QBs are bad. His fault or not, it's still a problem.

I'm not saying he won't be good, I'm saying it's an issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

for sure, but there's no way they'll be as over-hyped as this year's guys. howell will be a top-5 pick, but the others should be 20's or 2nd-rounders.

They're always overhyped. The only reason we're seeing so much of it this year is because we're picking at 4, but it's always there. Ask any Jets or Browns fan. 🤣🤣Seems like every year I'm reading about the next generational or can't miss QB prospect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Daywalker said:

Still waiting for someone on this planet to give any info for next years QB prospects . 
and ffs why does everyone  do a mock draft before free agency?????? 

This is a pretty good rundown on where the 2022 prospects stand going into 2021:

 

Edited by RetroRoq
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...