5 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

We're drafting a nipple. I'm down wit it.

I really like Borghi. He plays hard, good hands, decent elusiveness. I don't think he'll be running through tackles at the NFL level the way he did PAC 12 DB's, but he's pretty physical and has some good athleticism. Good bargain pick, nothing wrong with getting a situational/3rd down back at that part of the draft.

As mentioned, walter football is pretty bad. I do like the idea of taking 2 CB's and a S, Wreh is prob gone, maybe Neal too and rico's tomb was sealed before last season was even finished. I do wonder if those pitt kids will still be around at that point though.

Yes he is my change of pace back. Yea the Pitt guys are something I'm nervous about main the DT he opt out this year and seen videos of him working out with A.Donald

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cuts:  Allen Bailey,Ricardo Allen,James Carpenter,Kurt Benkert, Trade: Dante Flowers, receive a 3rd next year that can become a 2nd.  restructure/extend: Deion Jones(extended) Grady Jerret(e

Might go with different players but I love the overall mentality behind it and how it sets us up for the future

30 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Here he is the 14th ranked CB in the draft.. I'm not against drafting him, just not high in rd 2

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021CB.php

And here he is ranked 42nd  and 3rd CB in the draft i also sorta hate Walter football ranking most the time i have major issues with them most the year on their mock drafts for us and player rankings.  Sometimes they have some ok ones but to me the majority of them are pretty bad.   But their are other sites who have him in the 70's as well which would be  early to mid 3rd.    Same goes for players like Harris at RB i have seen him 15 to 20 in some rankings and in the late 2nd in others which to me is absurd.    All im saying is if it'd within a round of their projection and you like that player a bit it shouldn't be to big of a problem.  Theirs no way anyone would complain about taking Debo in Round 2 now when he was for sure a round 3 prospect in that draft on 99% of the sites.  I had both neal and debo in my own personal mock for the Falcons that year but they were my picks in round 2 and 3 for us based on all the mock sites.   I was happy we got both of them but never expected we would go a round early on each still didn't complain about them because i know i wanted them and were the right picks for us.

Chris Lindstrom as well was a good pick for us and went quite a bit earlier than expected which im seeing is a major trend here with TD for us XD   The man seemed to love taking his guys he deemed as best fits for our team rather they were considered reaches or not by the analyst and mock draft world.   He reached on alot of those players in round 1 and 2 over the last 5 or 6 years now that im looking at it.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/cornerbacks

7 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

I believe a team would do it. Even if it was a 4th that can upgrade into the 3rd. 

We would get cap savings with him being traded. With the cuts and extended players would free a little more enough to sign players but it will have to be back loaded.

Why would any team give up a 3rd and take 10 M cap hit for Fowler? Falcons would still have 9M dead cap from his trade. With every $$ dead cap added, you are reducing the cap available to sign some one. 

19 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Why would any team give up a 3rd and take 10 M cap hit for Fowler? Falcons would still have 9M dead cap from his trade. With every $$ dead cap added, you are reducing the cap available to sign some one. 

Why would a team give Vic Beasley the money he got? 10mil isn't that bad for Fowler. He could easily provide a upgrade day one then most 3rd round players would. Plus you can cut him the following year with little cap hit.

"If the Falcons were to trade off Fowler prior to June 1, the team would roughly break even in regard to dead money/savings relation. Trading Fowler after June 1, though, would save $13.8 million while incurring a dead money hit of just $4.6 million. The other method in an attempt to save money, Fowler could see a contract restructure that would save the team $6 million"

1 hour ago, The Smart One said:

This draft is awful. If TF trades down from 4 straight to 19 he should be fired on the spot. And then to waste that 1st rounder on a RB? You could probably get Horn and Freiermuth with those first 2 picks instead. 

To each your own. Yet one of our biggest weakness on this team and we can get the best back in the draft at 19 and you would fire TF for that. Lol yet you draft a TE in the 2nd a position of strength and we already have a player for the next 3 years there. Also when was the last time a good TE was drafted in the 2nd round?

Edited by AllStarHandyMan
2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Yeah too many bone headed rankings. It’s almost like if Walter says good draft it’s bad. I still cant believe they called 2016 Falcons draft was one of the worst in NFL. 

I remember.  Also doesn’t help the site is horrible to navigate, way too many adds and logos from 50 years ago.  Looks like something I made on Geocities when I was like 14.

13 hours ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

To each your own. Yet one of our biggest weakness on this team and we can get the best back in the draft at 19 and you would fire TF for that. Lol yet you draft a TE in the 2nd a position of strength and we already have a player for the next 3 years there. Also when was the last time a good TE was drafted in the 2nd round?

No I would Fire TF for trading straight from 4 to 19. Could we get there eventually? Maybe. But it would need to be our like 3rd trade down. Like 4 to 9 to 12 to 19. Also TE isn’t a position of strength on our team especially considering that AS runs a lot of 2 TE sets. You can easily get a high quality starting RB in round 3. We don’t have the luxury to pick a RB in round 1. 

A lot of good players, But I would not trade down that low,, My thought has been to trade down to about 8 or 10 and we can not only get a higher ranked players , but also load the boat with more picks..  It's kind of like,, we don't need to over kill our draft by trading down so low that the players at the top of our needs will still be there. And IMO they will be gone by trading down to the teens.. Stay high enough  to get a couple of blue chip players,, Maybe like the top TE and the Top DE,, and still have all the picks that come with trading down to 8 or 10.   But if our new Coach thinks we need other positions with those top picks more than a DE and a TE,,  I would understand being he knows much more than I do about this team .. But that's fine.. I just hope he makes the right choices ..  But I'm fairly certain, He would not trade down that far.. And I sure hope not.. That would be a big mistake. And that's why I don't think he'd do that. 

2 hours ago, The Smart One said:

No I would Fire TF for trading straight from 4 to 19. Could we get there eventually? Maybe. But it would need to be our like 3rd trade down. Like 4 to 9 to 12 to 19. Also TE isn’t a position of strength on our team especially considering that AS runs a lot of 2 TE sets. You can easily get a high quality starting RB in round 3. We don’t have the luxury to pick a RB in round 1. 

Realistically you never see that kind of trade downs. (I would be all for it) 

As for RB vs TE the best RB is Najee Harris and can do more for this team day one then I think any other running back. 

For the TE reason it's a strength is we seen what Haydn Hurst can do and also when Jaeden Graham has gotten the ball he has shown he is capable. Plus with good starting TE being able to be found for cheap in FA drafting on isn't as big as a need as RB. 

Not a single one of our RB can be a starter in this league. The best one being Smith should probably only be a 3rd depth running back. So I see the TE spot being a strength like it's been since TG88 been here and on.

I'll also say this they like to you the 2 TE for the RB. Passing the TE they use are not anything special. Yard never being higher then 450. 

Edited by AllStarHandyMan
1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I really want Surtain.....but if we got this draft.....I wouldn't be mad at all...to come away with Harris at 19 and the draft return....says **** yeah....

I notice you didn't mention the 2022 picks..or maybe I didn't see it....but from 19 to 4...gotta be a 1st next year...

Either way...I like it

Yea I was kind of leaving it blank. I was thinking it would be a 1st but was like maybe a 2nd so I just focused on this year so I didn't have to think about it to much harder. 

2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

A lot of good players, But I would not trade down that low,, My thought has been to trade down to about 8 or 10 and we can not only get a higher ranked players , but also load the boat with more picks..  It's kind of like,, we don't need to over kill our draft by trading down so low that the players at the top of our needs will still be there. And IMO they will be gone by trading down to the teens.. Stay high enough  to get a couple of blue chip players,, Maybe like the top TE and the Top DE,, and still have all the picks that come with trading down to 8 or 10.   But if our new Coach thinks we need other positions with those top picks more than a DE and a TE,,  I would understand being he knows much more than I do about this team .. But that's fine.. I just hope he makes the right choices ..  But I'm fairly certain, He would not trade down that far.. And I sure hope not.. That would be a big mistake. And that's why I don't think he'd do that. 

I can see the point. I was talking with another post about the TE spot for this team. The one thing I bring up is, if you look at the numbers the top 2 TE for the Titans had the past 2 years is nothing special.

2019: 35rec 439 yards 3TD

14rec 204 yards 1TD

2020: 41rec 448rec 8TD

39rec 387rec 1TD

As you can see they are not anything special with Hayden Hurst and Jaerdon Graham we can get that production. 

Yet with the RB on our roster can we even get close to Derrick Henry numbers?

Lastly is there a DE this year that you are 100% sold on in the top 10? This is the first year in like 5 years that you don't have a true #1 best DE. 

2016: Joey Bosa

2017: Myles Garrett (T.J. Watt) like you can easily see he was better then Takk but we draft takk.... traded up and got takk. 

2018: Bradley Chubb

2019: Nick Boston

2020: Chase Young

I just looked at Fowler’s contract. You need a bigger idiot than Bill O Brien to trade for Fowler and give up a 3rd or 4th to Falcons. May be if Falcons give an extra first or second along with Fowler some team may bite. If Fowler is traded, the new team will have an 18 M cap hit in 2021 and if they cut him in 2022, an additional dead cap of 3-4 M. 

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I just looked at Fowler’s contract. You need a bigger idiot than Bill O Brien to trade for Fowler. May be if Falcons give an extra first or second along with Fowler some team may bite. If Fowler is traded, the new team will have an 18 M cap hit in 2021 and if they cut him in 2022, a dead cap of 3-4 M. 

Link? 

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Just pull up Fowlers numbers on sportrac or over the cap. Do the math. 

Yea someone could still trade and also restructure if need be. Maybe Quinn will want him in Dallas. Make the cap hit lower this year. We seen stuff happen alot more crazy then this.

Just now, AllStarHandyMan said:

Yea someone could still trade and also restructure if need be. Maybe Quinn will want him in Dallas. Make the cap hit lower this year. We seen stuff happen alot more crazy then this.

Fowlers value is at bottom. He had a pathetic season in 2020. Why would any team dig a deeper hole by restructuring a non performing asset? Quinn will be fired if he expects Dallas to pull this trade by restructuring and making cap worse for years to come.  It may happen if Falcons give up their first round or second round pick along with Fowler. There are much better pass rushers than Fowler with lower cap hit and can be had for 2-3rd pick. 

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Fowlers value is at bottom. He had a pathetic season in 2020. Why would any team dig a deeper hole by restructuring a non performing asset? Quinn will be fired if he expects Dallas to pull this trade by restructuring and making cap worse for years to come.  It may happen if Falcons give up their first round or second round pick along with Fowler. There are much better pass rushers than Fowler with lower cap hit and can be had for 2-3rd pick. 

You most likely right. Yet we was dumb enough to give him a contract. Lol