Who do you predict will most likely be the Falcons running back 1 in 2021?

6 hours ago, Abeasley27 said:

The issue is, for me and just my opinion, I’m tired of 5’8-5’9 guys that weigh 198-208. I want a guy that’s 5’10-6’ and 215-230. I’ve watched a little bit of a few other guys. I like Gainwell, but to me he’s more of a gadget player. Move him around to create mismatches. I don’t mind that kind of player at all just not as our bell cow back.

oh, 100%. i definitely want some meat on our RB. gainwell and carter are on the smaller side, but chuba and sermon are built solid, and chuba has olympic-level speed to go with it.

sermon: 6'1, 215

hubbard: 6'0, 215

2 hours ago, Abeasley27 said:

I’m perfectly fine with giving Ollison the bulk of the carries...I really liked him coming out of Pitt and I really hope that AS gives him a legit shot. But if we draft someone I hope it’s  Javante Williams.

oh yeah, I was excited about Ollie, but we definitely need to draft someone. I'd be good with Williams, Stevenson, Sermon, etc etc....there are a good number of impressive backs this year. Not all of them are named Najee Harris, of course if he fell in our laps I'd jump for joy over that too, LOL

2 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

oh, 100%. i definitely want some meat on our RB. gainwell and carter are on the smaller side, but chuba and sermon are built solid, and chuba has olympic-level speed to go with it.

sermon: 6'1, 215

hubbard: 6'0, 215

I guess when they measure in for their pro days it could sway me a little but I’m not sold on Sermon. Do you know why he decided to transfer from OU to OSU?

2 minutes ago, Abeasley27 said:

I guess when they measure in for their pro days it could sway me a little but I’m not sold on Sermon. Do you know why he decided to transfer from OU to OSU?

as far as i know it was for more reps, worked out pretty well for both him and osu i would say. i was actually surprised to see him listed at only 215, he plays way bigger than that.

18 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

I hope we pick up a nice physical free agent like Mike Davis and then draft the future at the top of round 3.

Exactly. You thinking like me. Draft Williams,Gainwell,or Hubbard. **** I like Isaiah Spiller in next years draft👀😉

12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Give me Mike Davis in free agency and Kylin Hill in a late round. Keep Ito and Ollie. Let them battle it out for the one spot.

I like Davis for the right price. I believe Carolina might want him back, wouldn't want to get in a bidding war though.

12 hours ago, Friendly Folk said:

If you want to win now, it’s Najee Harris. Gotta have a great back and he is one. He instantly makes this team better. With the continued development of Lindstrom, McGary, better play from Matthews, and better offensive coaching along with Julio and Ridley it could be deadly. 

Everyone is down on Mac Jones because "he has the best supporting cast in the country". I think the same about Harris if it's true about Mac. And he isn't great yet. I like him too, but he's not the only one that has the potential to be great. I don't like to fixate on a specific player is all.

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

Everyone is down on Mac Jones because "he has the best supporting cast in the country". I think the same about Harris if it's true about Mac. And he isn't great yet. I like him too, but he's not the only one that has the potential to be great. I don't like to fixate on a specific player is all.

Surrounding cast has a ton of weight with a skill position’s success. For instance, there’s no doubt that Emmitt Smith was a great back. But man that OL opened up some gaping holes for him. I myself could have gained significant yardage running through some of it. 

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

You mean like "can't miss" Trent Richardson who I believe went #3 overall.

17 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

You mean like "can't miss" Trent Richardson who I believe went #3 overall.

Hahahaha yeah. He plays for Caudillos de Chihuahua of Liga de Fútbol Americano Profesional. 🤣🤣

He's a chihuahua. Lmao

Speaking of drafting and specifically trading back, I was checking out the history of draft trades for the Saints. It doesn't bode well for a trade back if TF is a Loomis disciple. They've traded up 17 out of 20 times since the Payton Era began.

Although they did trade back (twice I think) in his first draft. They almost always trade up to get specific targets. 

I forgot to answer the OP's actual question.

I predict a Hubbard and Stevenson duo. More like a pipe dream, but as realistic as anything else posted.

I think we double down on backs in the 2-4 rounds and hope these 2 are the results. No way AS liked any of our illustrious backs and the best was Ito. The best was Ito but the problem with Ito is he's kind of like a Darren Spoles type of back ,except about half as good, and half as durable.