Who do you predict will most likely be the Falcons running back 1 in 2021?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Javonte Williams 

Najee Harris acquired in a trade down. 

Etienne slips to the 2nd  

10 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I don't think Fournette will be that cheap tbh. My cheap FA back would be Malcolm Brown 

I picked him because he only made $2 million last year and had less than 400 yards during the regular season. It's entirely possible that the playoffs raised his value, though. He looked a lot better once he, you know, tried.

(And I'm not saying I like this, just what I think is most likely, which is a scrap heap back with upside.)

1 minute ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

haha, i'm trying to be right no matter what here!

personal favourite would be a 2-headed monster of hubbard and sermon.

Hey man if we can fill other positions of need while getting Sermon say Rd4 and Hubbard Rd5 then I'm game. Moving them both up a Rd is questionable but not out of the realm. I'm starting to get on board with two RBs with Ito as the 3rd RB but only if we draft a CB, S, and Edge in between. Defense after all is more pressing 

1 minute ago, Foo Falcons said:

Hey man if we can fill other positions of need while getting Sermon say Rd4 and Hubbard Rd5 then I'm game. Moving them both up a Rd is questionable but not out of the realm. I'm starting to get on board with two RBs with Ito as the 3rd RB but only if we draft a CB, S, and Edge in between. Defense after all is more pressing 

absolutely. give me a corner and one of them stud safeties for sure.

13 minutes ago, jidady said:

I picked him because he only made $2 million last year and had less than 400 yards during the regular season. It's entirely possible that the playoffs raised his value, though. He looked a lot better once he, you know, tried.

(And I'm not saying I like this, just what I think is most likely, which is a scrap heap back with upside.)

He might be cheap, who knows. 3 outta 4 years he averaged less than 4yds/carry. (3.3 one year...ugh)

3 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

absolutely. give me a corner and one of them stud safeties for sure.

I like Samuel Jr (FSU) or Robinson (CFU) in the 2nd if we go CB. Grant (I mock in almost all my mocks) or Moehring (if he's there) as an alternative. I'm on board with believing CB and S are pressing needs going into 2021 regardless of who we sign. If we go safety Rd2 then Trill Williams in the 3rd. If we go CB Rd2 then Ardarius Washington in the 3rd

8 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

ohh, i love me some rhamondre too, but check out some film on some other guys if you haven't already. hubbard, sermon, carter, gainwell. i think there are a few more that you'll enjoy.

The issue is, for me and just my opinion, I’m tired of 5’8-5’9 guys that weigh 198-208. I want a guy that’s 5’10-6’ and 215-230. I’ve watched a little bit of a few other guys. I like Gainwell, but to me he’s more of a gadget player. Move him around to create mismatches. I don’t mind that kind of player at all just not as our bell cow back.

23 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

How bad was Mike Davis if you take away these few highlight runs. The guy averaged sub 4 ypc, so you pull out these highlights and looks like you have a giant pile of ****.

Played 6 seasons and has had exactly 1 season averaging over 4ypc...hard pass.

Keep ignoring his receiving game. I think I’ll take an easy pass on you. A freaking Swayze freak.

3 hours ago, Abeasley27 said:

The issue is, for me and just my opinion, I’m tired of 5’8-5’9 guys that weigh 198-208. I want a guy that’s 5’10-6’ and 215-230. I’ve watched a little bit of a few other guys. I like Gainwell, but to me he’s more of a gadget player. Move him around to create mismatches. I don’t mind that kind of player at all just not as our bell cow back.

we have this guy on the roster. Qadree Ollison. Another victim of dirk 'sit the young guy and play the broke down vet' koetter, just like Freeman was, and we know how well the next few years went for him after DK left.

12 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Keep ignoring his receiving game. I think I’ll take an easy pass on you. A freaking Swayze freak.

Let me just tell you neither Mike F'ing Davis nor Kylin Hill are going to give you rest. 

The Swayze thing, you have zero idea the reason behind it, so your really just look like the vast majority of your posts...dumb as he77.

Could be a tribute to a dead friend, maybe/maybe not? But you don't know and your not 15 either, and way too old for some simply terrible comebacks, really bad stuff. Grow the f up, and predict something right for once because you pretty much suck on your prognostications(too big a word?)

13 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The only free agent rb I have any interest in would be marlon mack. Other than that draft a guy or maybe even two. I'd love a 1-2 punch of javonte williams and rhavondre stevenson. Stevenson is probably big enough to double as fullback as well...

Certainly onboard the double down idea. I would go Hubbard, and LOVE the call on Stevenson. See a ton of Eddie Lacy in Stevenson. That combo would be a ton of fun.

Edited by PointSwayzee

I predict it will be someone who is not currently a Falcon.  Between Hill, Ito Smith, and Ollison, I hope we sign one or two.  Hill and Smith are serviceable.  I am anxiously waiting to see what the coaching staff thinks of Ollison.  But, we may not have a back that can get tough first downs and TDs for us.  I think they were all limited by the coaching staff and the OL.  There is much to be sorted out.

It would be hard for me to believe that the issues on the OL are personnel related if we ignore Carpenter's limitations.  There has to be more at work to create the issues we see.  Certainly, the pass defending issues were coaching related.  You cannot stress an OL that much and continue to call long developing passing plays late in the game.  I am uncertain why we could not run.  The way DLmen, LBs, and even DBs crashed into our line on running plays tells me we were predictable.  Maybe some tells at work on the offense?

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

we have this guy on the roster. Qadree Ollison. Another victim of dirk 'sit the young guy and play the broke down vet' koetter, just like Freeman was, and we know how well the next few years went for him after DK left.

I’m perfectly fine with giving Ollison the bulk of the carries...I really liked him coming out of Pitt and I really hope that AS gives him a legit shot. But if we draft someone I hope it’s  Javante Williams.