MLB The Show for Xbox

Since this is the first year on Xbox how is this game? So I have some questions.

Does it seem like they just copy and paste the previous version with updated rosters or do they improve from the previous year?

Also what kind of game modes are their?

Is this considered more sim or arcade? 

Edited by brdu4

They do more improvement than Madden does from year to year but the basics remain the same. 

It has Franchise and Road to the Show as its two main. The Road to the Show you create a player and go through a showcase event and how you perform decides where you get drafted. Then you work your way up the minors into MLB. Its basically your career, you can play all through your arbitration years and then leave in free agency or stay with one team for 15 years, its up to you. Some times you get traded as a prospect, they try to keep it realistic.

Its definitely a sim, its intended to be a realistic experience. 

On 2/26/2021 at 5:37 PM, brdu4 said:

Nice, looks like I’ll pre ordering this. Thanks for the info 

This is by far and away, at least in my opinion, the best sports game out there. They don’t ever do wholesale gameplay mechanics changes like Madden and FIFA do, but do different things with their game modes to spice it up some every year. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Thats pretty cool. Maybe one day they'll let you add your own expansion team as well.

This seems like it would be a natural step in that direction. I remember how cool the old All-Star Baseball game series were back in the day that had an expansion team feature and a select number of pre-made stadiums to choose from. I always thought that would be as close as we would get to seeing in The Show. This just blows my mind what they're doing. I really need a PS5.

It's the best sports sim out there. You will need a monitor or very good TV to compete in the higher divisons online like Battle Royal and Ranked seasons.

Also unlike in MUT you can actually buy the currency (stubs) and use it on packs or just buy the players you want. I'm able to complete the LS collection (every live series card) each year by May/June by just playing the market.

I’ve been waiting for this to come to Xbox. I had to stop playing Madden and FIFA a couple years ago because it felt like it was just a roster update every year. I believe Diamond Dynasty will be the mode I play the most. 

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

It's the best sports sim out there. You will need a monitor or very good TV to compete in the higher divisons online like Battle Royal and Ranked seasons.

Also unlike in MUT you can actually buy the currency (stubs) and use it on packsnor just buy the players you want. I'm able to complete the LS collection (every live series card) each year by May/June by just playing the market.

I had no idea you could speak Latin