New England and Chicago called the Falcons about the availability of Ryan

My whole thing with the QB at 4 thing is if Font and Smith really want to do it, then trade Ryan now. Eat the dead cap and clear yourself of it as fast as possible. I just don't want to waste a top 5 pick on a QB if you still think Matt could play for 2-3 more years (which I believe he can.) 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only response from the Falcons...  

Imagine all the MR haters watching him go to NE and win a chip!

Kenny the Sports Guy?  lmao Not saying it didn't happen Geneaut but lol (also love the new avi...no mercy!)

7 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

My whole thing with the QB at 4 thing is if Font and Smith really want to do it, then trade Ryan now. Eat the dead cap and clear yourself of it as fast as possible. I just don't want to waste a top 5 pick on a QB if you still think Matt could play for 2-3 more years (which I believe he can.) 

For me they can build a good team if they use the #4 pick wisely. Ideal situation would be to trade down and get extra picks in 2021 and 2022. TF still has to hit on those picks but if they can have good draft with more picks it would set the team for 4-5 years.

So hey, is this Kenny the sports guy?

Yes, Kenny speaking.

So I just wanted to report that we’ve gotten calls concerning MR from both NE & Chicago.

So who am I speaking to right now?

Uh, let’s just say it’s someone important in the Atlanta Falcons organization.

This is so awesome thank you. Why did you call me though?

Well we just threw 10,000 bloggers & sports tweeters in a hat & your name got picked.

Oh goodie!  I’m so stoked, I’ll get this out right away!  And thank you so much sir!

9 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

For me they can build a good team if they use the #4 pick wisely. Ideal situation would be to trade down and get extra picks in 2021 and 2022. TF still has to hit on those picks but if they can have good draft with more picks it would set the team for 4-5 years.

What you think about....

Trade down Micah parsons

Then

Trade back up Zaven Collins

10 minutes ago, slick0ne said:

What you think about....

Trade down Micah parsons

Then

Trade back up Zaven Collins

Sounds good to me. It all depends on how Pees and AS see them in the defense. I do hope Falcons can hit the draft like Aints defense in 2017. I can see one of Parsons, Surtain, Chase, Smith, Sewell and  Pitts available if the Falcons can trade down to Denver or SF spots. 

37 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I'm sure you've seen me post this a few times. Its the absolute only way taking a qb at 4 is justified. I'd probably go so far as to say move on from julio as well and rebuild dolphins style. 

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Sounds good to me. It all depends on how Pees and AS see them in the defense. I do hope Falcons can hit the draft like Aints defense in 2017. I can see one of Parsons, Surtain, Chase, Smith, Sewell and  Pitts available if the Falcons can trade down to Denver or SF spots. 

I really think they are going to stack the defense as much as they can. TF knows our defense is horrible, as bad as Koetter was we still put up some points in games but those posers on the other side of the ball don't like leads.

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I'm sure you've seen me post this a few times. Its the absolute only way taking a qb at 4 is justified. I'd probably go so far as to say move on from julio as well and rebuild dolphins style. 

I don’t know if I want to build or rebuild anything Dolphins style. It’s too early for Dolphins to be considered blue print. 

11 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Yea, I’d support it if the front office really wants to do that. They deserve to build a team the way they want to build it.

43 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

So hey, is this Kenny the sports guy?

Yes, Kenny speaking.

So I just wanted to report that we’ve gotten calls concerning MR from both NE & Chicago.

So who am I speaking to right now?

Uh, let’s just say it’s someone important in the Atlanta Falcons organization.

This is so awesome thank you. Why did you call me though?

Well we just threw 10,000 bloggers & sports tweeters in a hat & your name got picked.

Oh goodie!  I’m so stoked, I’ll get this out right away!  And thank you so much sir!

I needed a good laugh - thanks!

1 hour ago, athell said:

I was actually way too nervous about seeing Roddy in another jersey, it would have wrecked me.  Like legit seeing Roddy, who is my second favorite Falcon ever behind Prime, in another jersey would have set me back at least a week lol

Imagine seeing Julio running riot at Benz with another team.That would kill me just like this did.The good old Rankin Smith owned Falcons are like some of our fans today hated paying top tier talent.

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

They won’t trade him until they secure the guy they want 

6 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

They won’t trade him until they secure the guy they want 

So in this line of thinking there would be a deal on the table with another team or teams, pending pick 4, and if the right guy falls to 4 they would execute the trade?  

Or if the guy isn't there, the deal on the table is pulled?