There is now Arthur SMITH; there was Mike SMITH.  So far two SMITH Head coaches in the Blank era.   I am old enough to remember the very beginning which means the Rankin SMITH era.   Coaches named Smith = Good; owners named Smith = Booo, Booo, BAD.

There have been 2 trips to the SUPER BOWL.   Lost both, but both were under the Arthur Blank ownership.     And both head coaches for those games had the given name of DAN  (Some fans would rather give credit to Shanahan more than DAN Quinn).

Back to Coach MIKE SMITH.   Maybe I am the only one cares to remember, but someone asked him if he might be (in one of his early years) rebuilding.  His answer was that every team is rebuilding every year.   I think that was and is true, and it should serve the new SMITH well.

Rebuilding and having a shot to go all the way builds from the things that were missing for every team last year.   OTAs, mini Camp, training camp.   Will it be a full OR partial off season???

On your next job interview when they ask if you have any questions at the end, say yeah just one.

If I'm traveling in my car just faster than the speed of light and I turn on my headlights, will anyone see them?

When they look confused just say "well hellz, I didn't want to work for you anyway." Drop the mic and step out.

9 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

1998 SB was under Smith not Blank (as if that’s not the bat **** craziest thing said in OP).

ooooops, I often say I can keep up with things, though I live abroad, through the inner webs.  My excuse for not knowing that the Blank ownership didn't start until 2002 is I live in Japan.   However, the SMITH ownership prior to Blank was not the father (Rankin) but the sons which was worse, so the trip to the SUPER BOWL or having DAN Reeves was some kind of blind luck.

2 minutes ago, Rocky's Ol' Man said:

ooooops, I often say I can keep up with things, though I live abroad, through the inner webs.  My excuse for not knowing that the Blank ownership didn't start until 2002 is I live in Japan.   However, the SMITH ownership prior to Blank was not the father (Rankin) but the sons which was worse, so the trip to the SUPER BOWL or having DAN Reeves was some kind of blind luck.

It's a 14 hour time difference, not 19 years 😂