I get that most of the board wants a QB, so here's a name I suggest you do research on. To me? He's a first round talent that may be there in round 2.

40 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Of the two, the staff is by far the more important.  Because if he goes to a team where he can sit and develop but the coaching staff sucks, he's still done.

The problem with Lance is someone is going to fall in love with his measurables and take him mid-first at the latest.  If he's there late 1st, I'll be shocked.

If he falls to our 2nd pick, unless the staff thinks he's fool's gold, we should take him there for sure.

Oh I think Lance will be top 10

11 hours ago, octoslash said:

Trask is good but not NFL.

He looks better than Lance and as good as Mac Jones in that video. Of course it's a highlight video.

10 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

The intriguing thing about Trask as a prospect is he has still just barely started scratching the surface of his potential.

He sat behind Deriq King in HS.  This was pretty much his first year getting all the reps since 8th grade.  He should get significantly better IMO.  Definitely an intriguing 2nd round QB

Some things I noticed in the vid:

1) he release is lightning speed, even on touch passes. I don't think you'll see his arm getting swatted at. He gets rid of it in a hurry.

2) he didn't look like a statue and even had eyes in the back of his head on a couple plays where he sidestepped defenders coming from his blind side.

3) size is your friend. I know. That's what she said.

4) his eyes and head are all over the field. He sees everything even going through progressions and coming back to his first option, and he does it in rapid fire motion.

5) he seems to have poise and toughness.

6) I saw Brady. No it isn't a comparison to skill, but he sorta looks like TB when TB came out in that he doesn't have much muscle definition (at least in his arms). I'd have loved to seen him at the combine just to see if it's true.

I haven't noticed these intangibles in the other QBs even watching their highlight videos. I'd gladly take him in the second. 

4 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

He looks better than Lance and as good as Mac Jones in that video. Of course it's a highlight video.

1) he release is lightning speed, even on touch passes. I don't think you'll see his arm getting swatted at. He gets rid of it in a hurry.

2) he didn't look like a statue and even had eyes in the back of his head on a couple plays where he sidestepped defenders coming from his blind side.

4) his eyes and head are all over the field. He sees everything even going through progressions and coming back to his first option, and he does it in rapid fire motion.

6) I saw Brady. No it isn't a comparison to skill, but he sorta looks like TB when TB came out in that he doesn't have much muscle definition (at least in his arms). I'd have loved to seen him at the combine just to see if it's true.

I haven't noticed these intangibles in the other QBs even watching their highlight videos. I'd gladly take him in the second. 

To me, I would take a kid more NFL ready (like Trask) over a potential freak.  Trask looks like Ryan, Brady and a couple of others.  Similar quirks, head on a swivel.  

Just now, Herr Doktor said:

To me, I would take a kid more NFL ready over potential freak.  Trask looks like Ryan, Brady and a couple of others.  Similar quirks, head on a swivel.  

And this is the first film I've seen on Trask, because I already put him in the "he sucks" zone after reading to much TATF. Color me impressed, and I'll have to look at some of his regular games.

Just now, celtiksage said:

And this is the first film I've seen on Trask, because I already put him in the "he sucks" zone after reading to much TATF. Color me impressed, and I'll have to look at some of his regular games.

The knock is that Pitts made him look good.  I'd have no issues with both of those kids on the roster.

13 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

People think if you're not breaking off 20+ yard rushing tds at any given moment then you aren't mobile.

They follow everything the media says. The narrative that Trask is a statue is clearly false.

Just now, Herr Doktor said:

The knock is that Pitts made him look good.  I'd have no issues with both of those kids on the roster.

Well I noticed he was throwing to a lot more names than Trask and Toney. I picked up on that also. He threw to them a good bit, but it did catch my attention when he was throwing to their second TE and other WRs, and he was throwing TDs to them too. A small voice in my head said it reminded me of the record breaking number of different targets MR went to in the SB run. But yeah, the transition from MR to Trask could be seemless. There were similarities (the head swivel thing was just unique and so was that rubberband like release - I couldn't stop focusing on it).

Just now, celtiksage said:

Well I noticed he was throwing to a lot more names than Trask and Toney. I picked up on that also. He threw to them a good bit, but it did catch my attention when he was throwing to their second TE and other WRs, and he was throwing TDs to them too. A small voice in my head said it reminded me of the record breaking number of different targets MR went to in the SB run. But yeah, the transition from MR to Trask could be seemless. There were similarities (the head swivel thing was just unique and so was that rubberband like release - I couldn't stop focusing on it).

He's a **** big kid to!  In another day and age, he'd be looked at far higher in the draft.

12 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

I'll sign the petition to not take one

I think it's assumed, but we're implying, 'not take one in the 1st round.' Correct?

I mean we couldn't even run a practice right now, much less have a back up for a series if Matt needs to shake off a heavy hit.

1 minute ago, Mister pudding said:

Oh yeah, 1st round... ok 2nd round too lol

2nd is where it starts to matter who slips.

I don't see it happening, but if Lance falls that far? Sure.

Mac Jones? Maybe.

Trask? 3rd.

6 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Oh Lance for sure in the 2nd, but no chance of that

I don't think it's likely, but he's SO inexperienced and his sample size it tiny at a small program  - it just wouldn't blow my mind either. He'd need to go to a team that has a situation where he could sit and learn for a couple years before pressure is put on him. We have that situation.

I'd still rather see someone like Zaven Collins or a handful of other defenders or OL in the second.

2 hours ago, celtiksage said:

I swear I saw Brady too... He has the mindset that he wants to master his offense and he MASTERED Dan Mullins’ offense. I think in a stable organization he’s a star. I would love to have him on our squad IF we can get him.

Ya know... the list of positive attributes was made to look about 3 times longer than it really is by restating the same things 3 different ways.

On another note... 95% of the people here demanding we draft a QB are doing so because they think Matt is a statue in the pocket. Replacing him with another statue isn't going to placate them.

46 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

A guy that I really like that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is Iowa State QB Brock Purdy. He's in my top 5 favorite QBs in this draft.

I believe Purdy is returning to Iowa State next year

edit: https://www.iowastatedaily.com/sports/purdy-and-rose-say-they-are-returning-for-senior-season-fiesta-bowl-brock-purdy-mike-rose-coming-back-cyclones-big-12-football-matt-campbell-nfl-draft-sean-foster/article_01cb2d24-4d66-11eb-ab5a-c3534b98ec24.html

Not me,, not in this draft.. I want a Veteran FA QB to be picked up that already knows how to play in the NFL. There is a couple of really good ones we could pick up,, and take that draft pick and put it on a Monster DT or DE which I would much rather have in this draft.. To spend a top  pick on a back up QB who may not ever see the field.?????. Now does that make any sense at all ?    :fuego: