I get that most of the board wants a QB, so here's a name I suggest you do research on. To me? He's a first round talent that may be there in round 2.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most of this board does not want a QB. 

I could get behind a 6'5 240lb QB. Trask,in the 2nd is a helluva lot better than one at #4 overall. Especially if we trade out of the #4. 

I mean obviously the extra dimension helps, but legs will never beat brains.

14 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

My biggest concern with Kyle Trask is how he struggled in the games that Kyle Pitts missed. That was a pretty big red flag for me.

He did throw for over 400 yards and 3 TDs against bama though with zero ints and probably would have won if not for a running game that averaged 2 ypc over the course of 26 carries or the 5 fumbles and still only lost by 6.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

He did throw for over 400 yards and 3 TDs against bama though with zero ints and probably would have won if not for a running game that averaged 2 ypc over the course of 26 carries or the 5 fumbles and still only lost by 6.

He played really well in that game. I like him as a developmental guy. I'm just pointing something that concerns me about him. I also have to consider that 2020 was the first year he's played a lot since before high school. What he accomplished was amazing. He reminds me a lot of Matt Ryan.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Nobody will want him on this board because he doesn't run.

Even that scouting report looks biased against him.

-statue in the pocket

-not a running threat

yea, those are the same, but he needed to come up with more weaknesses.

My thoughts exactly.  

21 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I have no idea why Trask isn’t in the conversation more. If we trade down and pick up some extra picks I would be fine with him or Ehlinger a little later in the draft but no QB at 4. Trade down if at all possible. 

He's not a "next stage of mobile QB, where the league is currently heading" style of QB.

Think that's a very interesting guy to develop if we got him in the right spot! I can dig it, the lack of 'running' doesn't phase me at all.

I'll be pretty annoyed, to say the least, if we draft a QB at 4 because they're a mobile QB. Sigh.

Wilson and Fields have huge bust potential. 

TF and Arthur are doing the right thing. Talk like we are going to select one, then trade back and get a haul of picks for "Smith-Types". We need so much, and a few blue chip BPA positional players need to be the choices in the first: both lines, RB, TE, LB, CB, S, take your pick. I can't get on board with any of those positions at 4 outside of Sewell or maybe Slater. If QBs go 1 & 2, watch TF's phone explode.

There are a lot of interesting QB prospects to me in this draft. None of which will be picked between #2-#10.

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I like Trask but give me Jamie Newman in a later round.

Hoping we trade down and get a pick we can take him with.

Got one QB under contract. Will have to add two or three for camp.

Give me Fields if we take a QB at four. His ceiling could be the highest.

Lance has the highest ceiling of the QBs but easily the lowest floor

8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Nobody will want him on this board because he doesn't run.

Even that scouting report looks biased against him.

-statue in the pocket

-not a running threat

yea, those are the same, but he needed to come up with more weaknesses.

Those are different.

you can be a guy who can run but still not move in the pocket and try to buy time you just go instead 

and you can be a guy who moves in the pocket and not be a threat to run down field for a chunk of yards

8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I would love to see us trade down and take Pitts and then take Trask in round 2 with one of our extra seconds just to see the reactions on this board.

Pitts wouldn't even bother me, but I'd be in a rehab clinic if we took Trask before round 6. 😄

10 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

I feel like this draft is deep possibly 11 QBs that could sit behind Matt Ryan and become potential tenured QBs and 2 FA

Lawrence 

Fields 

Wilson 

Lance 

Jones 

Trask 

Mond 

Buechele 

Ehlinger 

Book 

Mills 

Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen

Same.

And Trask probably isn't my favorite of this bunch, though I acknowledge he has a lot of upside.  Ian Book as a developmental guy and a backup prospect is intriguing to me.  He's one of those guys who "just wins."

Of course, so was Tebow, so that doesn't tell the whole story, and I haven't watched Notre Dame enough to get a good handle on where Book is as a prospect.  But in our system, things like arm strength are overrated and things like quick decision-making (and accurate decision-making) are underrated.  Mond is another one that's interesting to me, but again, I haven't watched him a lot.

I'm on the "don't judge a guy off of one game -- okay, I'm totally judging a guy off of one game" train with Ehlinger.  I think I'm giving him short shrift because he played like crap in the bowl game, and I'm not being swayed by "he was hurt," because the offense just absolutely took off like a rocket when Casey Thompson came into the game.  

I guess what I'm trying to say is take a guy late and see if we can get Casey Thompson next year.  And I'm probably wrong.

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Lance has the highest ceiling of the QBs but easily the lowest floor

Ironically, a team like the falcons would be perfect for lance. Great offensive coach and he would get a year or 2 to learn under a veteran leader in Ryan. If Lance goes to a team where he starts immediately and the coaching staff sucks, he’s done. 

16 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ironically, a team like the falcons would be perfect for lance. Great offensive coach and he would get a year or 2 to learn under a veteran leader in Ryan. If Lance goes to a team where he starts immediately and the coaching staff sucks, he’s done. 

Of the two, the staff is by far the more important.  Because if he goes to a team where he can sit and develop but the coaching staff sucks, he's still done.

The problem with Lance is someone is going to fall in love with his measurables and take him mid-first at the latest.  If he's there late 1st, I'll be shocked.

If he falls to our 2nd pick, unless the staff thinks he's fool's gold, we should take him there for sure.

11 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Trask is actually more mobile than given credit for.

Reminds me of a young Ben Rothlisberger before all the injuries. Remember when Ben was considered a threat with his legs at times?

He wasn't Mahomes or Josh Allen by any means when it comes to using his legs, but Ben was still dangerous at times for keeping drives going because he had a little get up and was a load to bring down. I think Trask is more of that and isn't really as much of a statue like he's being made out to be.

He's huge too. He could probably take some abuse.