I get that most of the board wants a QB, so here's a name I suggest you do research on. To me? He's a first round talent that may be there in round 2.

Kyle Trask - Florida Gators

I think this guy will be a steal. I also want to say that his name has been mentioned on this board before. I have and will continue to ALWAYS favor QB's with his skill-set; Cerebral assassins with great pocket presence and poise. His draft stock is considerably low because of his lack of mobility aka he's a statue in the pocket. To me? He's phenomenal manipulating the pocket, buying a lot of extra time for his WR's to get open. He reminds me of a young Matt Ryan, and if he's given the opportunity to sit and develop behind Matt? I'm 80% certain he would be a more than solid QB for this franchise. I love how this guy plays. 

This guy alone is reason enough not to invest a top 4 pick into a QB. I would take him over Zack, Fields, and Lance. But hey, the game may be moving away from pocket QB's since they don't have the skill-set to win championships. 😅😅😅 

EDIT: Scouting report

KTrask.jpg
  • Kyle Trask, 6-5/240 

• Quarterback 

• Florida 

Kyle Trask Scouting Report 
By Charlie Campbell 

Strengths: 

• Exceptional pocket presence 
  • Deadly pocket-passing ability 
  • Accurate passer 
  • Good ball placement 
  • Can beat good coverage with pass placement 
  • Throws a very catchable ball 
  • Quality arm 
  • Good field vision 
  • Works off his first read 
  • Sees the field well 
  • Intelligent 
  • Pocket composure 
  • Good decision maker 
  • Good timing 
  • Flashes anticipation 
  • Able to loft in touch passes 
  • Leads receivers for more yardage after the catch 
  • Good internal clock 
  • Hangs tough in the pocket 
  • Toughness 
  • Willing to take hits while delivering throws 
  • Mastered his offense 
  • Intangibles 
  • Hard worker 
  • Good character 
  • Good fit for a west coast offense 
  • Success against good competition 

• WEAKNESSES 
  • Statue in the pocket 
  • Not a running threat 
  • Needs to improve pocket manipulation 
  • Struggles to avoid the rush 
  • Can't bail out his offensive line 
  • Enough arm, but not an overwhelming cannon 
  • Might be more of a game manager in the NFL

Edited by Macintez
Scouting report

Trask is actually more mobile than given credit for.

Reminds me of a young Ben Rothlisberger before all the injuries. Remember when Ben was considered a threat with his legs at times?

He wasn't Mahomes or Josh Allen by any means when it comes to using his legs, but Ben was still dangerous at times for keeping drives going because he had a little get up and was a load to bring down. I think Trask is more of that and isn't really as much of a statue like he's being made out to be.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Reminds me of a young Ben Rothlisberger before all the injuries. Remember when Ben was considered a threat with his legs at times?

He wasn't Mahomes or Josh Allen by any means when it comes to using his legs, but both Ben was still dangerous at times for keeping drives going because he had a little get up and was a load to bring down. I think Trask is more of that and isn't really as much of a statue like he's being made out to be.

Oh yeah 08 Ben

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

He wasn't Mahomes or Josh Allen by any means when it comes to using his legs, but both Ben was still dangerous at times for keeping drives going because he had a little get up and was a load to bring down. I think Trask is more of that and isn't really as much of a statue like he's being made out to be.

Ben was pretty quick for his size. Ben’s best attribute was his ability to stand and sidestep rushers in the pocket to buy time. But yes, Trask’s mobility is underrated.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Nobody will want him on this board because he doesn't run.

Even that scouting report looks biased against him.

-statue in the pocket

-not a running threat

yea, those are the same, but he needed to come up with more weaknesses.

I like running QB’s but only when they try to prioritize winning from the pocket first. I never been a fan of QB’s that ran EVERYTIME to pocket collapsed. 

56 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Nobody will want him on this board because he doesn't run.

Even that scouting report looks biased against him.

-statue in the pocket

-not a running threat

yea, those are the same, but he needed to come up with more weaknesses.

The intriguing thing about Trask as a prospect is he has still just barely started scratching the surface of his potential.

He sat behind Deriq King in HS.  This was pretty much his first year getting all the reps since 8th grade.  He should get significantly better IMO.  Definitely an intriguing 2nd round QB

33 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I would love to see us trade down and take Pitts and then take Trask in round 2 with one of our extra seconds just to see the reactions on this board.

The reactions would be good, but I'm not sure the outcomes would be that good lol.