Some get it, some don’t.

4 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well , I understand that and see your point..  But truthfully ,, a great team has to have a great O# in order to be a great team.. Those long consuming drives by any great O# will wear out the opposing D#s every time..  And most of the time the team who controls the clock with their O# will win. I'd like to know the real percentage of that statistic , if some one could find that , it'd be good to see... 

Not if your defense gives up quick scores and can’t get off the field. You can’t win games with great offense, lousy defense and ST. TOP means nothing if the other team scores at will. Falcons defense gave up 20-30 points in a single half a lot.No TOP is going to change that type of quick scores.

I would love to see the real statistics on this thought ,, if we could find those.. It would tell the story,, There are always going to be a few games that are played out where they lose a rare game and still had the greater time of possession , but I'd say at the very least 7o% of the time a team wins the time of possession , They win the game.  

Now if we could do that and also strengthen our D# with the right draft picks and FAs..  We'll be on our way to the playoffs next season. 

14 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I would love to see the real statistics on this thought ,, if we could find those.. It would tell the story,, There are always going to be a few games that are played out where they lose a rare game and still had the greater time of possession , but I'd say at the very least 7o% of the time a team wins the time of possession , They win the game.  

Now if we could do that and also strengthen our D# with the right draft picks and FAs..  We'll be on our way to the playoffs next season. 

You are assuming a lot. It was obvious if you watched Falcons games ToP and 3rd down conversion meant a squat. DQ lead historically worse defenses outside of few meaningless games last 3 years. 

3 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

No I think he's still that QB easy with the right scheme and team around him. I see a player who tried to hard to help a defeated team. Better scheme, run game and defense we will be right back to where we were. Is he starting to decline a tad? Its hard to say, but honestly I don't think we will see the decline for at least 2 more years. Even then he's always been a great anticipation thrower, so It shouldn't be a huge issue until he falls off a cliff.

no no no, everything bad that happene was ryans fault, didn't you know? he didn't fall on an onside kick and thus save a game. He couldn't stop the opposing offense from easily driving down the field and winning any game. the poor route tree for his wide recievers that couldn't scheme any of them open, or when they were open and dropped the ball, ALL Ryan's fault. Let's not forget that 4 vert system where 4 of every 5 pass plays take 6-8 seconds to develop, all Ryan's fault all his receivers can't run 40 mph, and the OLINE! Don't forget those times the oline couldn't hold a block for that long, it was all Ryan's fault!!!!!!  He declined, we just HAVE to draft Wilson or Fields, cause they NEVER get sacked, they always scheme their recievers open, they ALWAYS make sure the OL blocks for 49 seconds each play....I mean come ON, you HAVE to know that, right????????????

and no I'm not putting that in purple, anyone who can't see it in purple, well just skip over it

On 2/26/2021 at 11:46 AM, isproab said:

I don't think it's has to be 100% about championships in the past. I think over the next 2 to 3 years Ryan will be a 12 to 18 type QB. Looking at high level QB play like we saw in 2020, that's good enough to give you a chance, especially if other areas of the team are good to exceptional. 

I just don't think that's good enough output from your QB when he is making top 3,4,5 money.  I need more heavy lifting and a real long-term plan, not a hope. People here want to reward Matt for being the best QB in franchise history. Before Ryan, we remembered Bartkowski. Everyone that watched him longterm says he was good. However, he is not mentioned with the greats of his era. Now Ryan won an MVP, I don't think that gets him in the conversation 20 years from now. 

Look at where the money ranks and what he has given you. Is he all of a sudden going to give you more? 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/quarterback/

" top 3,4,5"?  He is 9th on the pay chart and look at the guys above him. Considering the production he's had individually and the simple fact that td is responsible for kicking the cap h*** down the road, i think we've done well getting top 3,4,5 production from a #9 paid performer.

2 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Huh? Put Ryan where Brady or Brees was and I know who would have at least 1 ring. I would never take Big Ben or Rivers over him either. I am biased, but its also the truth. Now am I saying Ryan is better than Brees or Brady? No, but they are a lot closer than people think. 

By the time he retires, his stats will be probably 2nd all time if he just remains consistent. But i think as is going to open up another dimension for him.

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

You are assuming a lot. It was obvious if you watched Falcons games ToP and 3rd down conversion meant a squat. DQ lead historically worse defenses outside of few meaningless games last 3 years. 

Well,, Here's the good News.. WE now have the Coaches to get this team to be 3 times better than last year.  WE can analyze this every witch way.. Bottom line is ,, we had the wrong Coaches and the wrong philosophy. I'm just glad that AB figured it out and made the right moves. Now to hoping we have the best Draft in Falcon History.. or even close..  If we do.. Gonna be a new team for sure.   :golfclap: 

6 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Please tell.

You are using the argument that people are saying Matt's the reason for losses and not wins. You do the same when you bring up his stats. 

Let me say this. There is a professional team in Atlanta that has a great offense, and the Defense let's them down. It's not the Falcons. It's the Hawks.

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

You are using the argument that people are saying Matt's the reason for losses and not wins. You do the same when you bring up his stats. 

Let me say this. There is a professional team in Atlanta that has a great offense, and the Defense let's them down. It's not the Falcons. It's the Hawks.

No Matt had faults, but no QB drafted a 4 will be better than Matt for at least 4-5 years. And yes our defense has let us down basically forever. Also our run game has been bad.

47 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

No Matt had faults, but no QB drafted a 4 will be better than Matt for at least 4-5 years. And yes our defense has let us down basically forever. Also our run game has been bad.

but our defense that has to replace or needs to replace 3/4 of our secondary and still doesn't have a passrush and needs to replace 50% of the roster - is going to be able to contend for a SuperBowl in 2021 or 2022 if they don't draft a QB.   okaaaaaay.

59 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

You might as well be talking to yourself...or a door...something inanimate. You will never convince people of the basic fact that MR took the lead into the 4th qtr last year only for his team to lose 8....eight times. No running game, and inability to STOP the opposing team lost 8 games not MR. Record winning just half of those: 8-8.

We need a premier rb, we need a good te, we need a good guard or center, we need cb's and s's, we need dominance on dl. We don't need " potential" sitting on the bench for 2 years, we don't need the premier ot, we don't  need a premier lb (unless he is part of that formidable pass rush), and we dont need a wr.

Edited by Williamb
Correction

6 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Just curious, who are you drafting at 4 over a QB?

31 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

but our defense that has to replace or needs to replace 3/4 of our secondary and still doesn't have a passrush and needs to replace 50% of the roster - is going to be able to contend for a SuperBowl in 2021 or 2022 if they don't draft a QB.   okaaaaaay.

QB sitting the bench isn’t helping. Drafting a T is helping. Trade down would be best. Or making our offense elite adding Pitts or Chase.

31 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

That's why we DON'T draft a QB at #4. We trade down and get more draft picks to enable us to be competitive quickly.  A rookie QB with just over one year as a starter  at OSU, will probably never take us to a SB, much less in 2 or 3 years.  

Just now, falcons007 said:

I would hope they trade down to 9-12 or at most 15. I will be ok with Surtain, Parsons, Chase, smith, Pitts and Sewell. Even with trade down to 9-12, one of these guys will be available if there is run for QB in top 10 picks.

So trade down aside, let's say the top 3 go Lawrence, Wilson, Sewell. Who do you draft?