Some get it, some don’t.

4 minutes ago, Power I said:

Matt Ryan is 57-70 over the last 8 seasons including our Super Bowl run, playoffs not included. These are the kinds of results people want to cling to with a quarterback who is older and more expensive with no other quarterbacks on the roster? It's absolutely insane not to take a QB at 4 if we think he's a franchise guy. If you're being paid $40M a year, you're supposed to be the solution and he clearly is not with that record. 

See this is the type of post that is stupid. The record is not all on Matt. Put Brees or Brady in here instead of Matt over those years, I promise you it would be worse.

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

Many of his INTs this year were trying to force a play that wasn't there to move the team.  I don't see the regression others do, I see a frustrated individual who probably internalized a great deal of frustration with the team.

Again some see it some don't. Many people just want that new flashy toy who can run like Vick. Some never liked or wanted Ryan no matter what. 

1 minute ago, papachaz said:

yeah I'm not gonna say I was driving the Dorsey/Brohm train, but I took my turn shoveling coal....

and seems there was a bridge out ahead, glad we didn't actually go that way :tiphat:

I distinctly remember feeling Brohm would be a ten year starter for us.  His gaudy numbers in college just had to translate.  SMH.  🤦‍♂️

On 2/25/2021 at 7:52 PM, falcons007 said:

I still remember Billick doing the Bears game in 2008. Jason Elam missed the FG and put him in outhouse and then to penthouse after Matt Ryan’s throw with seconds remaining. He was better in game color guy than most now.

No he wasn’t and he always said players names wrong. 

39 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

See this is the type of post that is stupid. The record is not all on Matt. Put Brees or Brady in here instead of Matt over those years, I promise you it would be worse.

I whole-heartedly disagree with that. Players like Brady and Manning all won consistently over the years with subpar defenses at times. It didn't stop them from winning 10 games every year. 

3 minutes ago, Power I said:

I whole-heartedly disagree with that. Players like Brady and Manning all won consistently over the years with subpar defenses at times. It didn't stop them from winning 10 games every year. 

Right. Win % when defense gives up more than 30 points.

Brees 27%
Ryan 23.2 %.
Brady 14%
PM: 10%
Sub par defenses my ***.

9 minutes ago, Power I said:

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Brees 27%
Ryan 23.2 %.
Brady 14%
Sub par defenses my ***.

Yep. Manning didn't win squat until his defense played really well on their SB run. Brady has always had a great kicker, run game and defense. Brees hasn't won squat either unless he had that elite D and run game and ton of weapons. I am sure you think Watson is elite? How many games did he win?

14 minutes ago, Power I said:

I believe both Manning and Brady had few changes in OC’s and schemes.  That is a significant factor

13 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Brees 27%
Ryan 23.2 %.
Brady 14%
Sub par defenses my ***.

57 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

So, the stats show Brees would have done better, not worse.

8 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

So, the stats show Brees would have done better, not worse.

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Brees was better. Him and Sean Payton are perfect match. 

A lot more go into that. Like 007 said Brees has had Payton while Matt has had Dirk lol. 

4 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

A lot more go into that. Like 007 said Brees has had Payton while Matt has had Dirk lol. 

I think it's okay to understand Ryan is the best QB in Falcons history while still acknowledging he's not as good as some of his peers. 

When people start claiming that "Brady would have done worse," the line is crossed over into homerism.

I do think Ryan could have been as successful as Roethlisberger. I'm not convinced Philip Rivers could have. 

Now that we have what appears to be an intelligent HC that runs a sound offense, I believe that Ryan will become a top 7 QB.  And, if no drastic changes are made to the offensive scheme implemented by AS, I expect Ryan to remain very productive for the next four years.  

I can’t pick a QB prospect to save my life, so I should not render an opinion on any of the top QB prospects.  If our FO thinks that one of these guys are a can’t-miss franchise leader, then pull the trigger and draft him at 4.  But if there are doubts, then it makes much more sense to trade down and stock the roster with top quality players....anywhere.

By my optimistic estimation, we are two seasons from having a playoff-worthy team.  The cap situation will  get worked out but it will take some time.

Bottom line:  I think Ryan is our starting QB for the next four seasons.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Brees 27%
Ryan 23.2 %.
Brady 14%
Sub par defenses my ***.

Nice way to cherry pick some stats. Brady has one season under 10 wins with two teams. Peyton had 2 under 10 wins with two teams that didn't include his final year of 7-2. I guess with Brees having 8 seasons over 10 wins and 11 seasons under it makes him a better QB than those two with that cherry picked stat?

1 hour ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

I think it's okay to understand Ryan is the best QB in Falcons history while still acknowledging he's not as good as some of his peers. 

When people start claiming that "Brady would have done worse," the line is crossed over into homerism.

I do think Ryan could have been as successful as Roethlisberger. I'm not convinced Philip Rivers could have. 

Huh? Put Ryan where Brady or Brees was and I know who would have at least 1 ring. I would never take Big Ben or Rivers over him either. I am biased, but its also the truth. Now am I saying Ryan is better than Brees or Brady? No, but they are a lot closer than people think. 

27 minutes ago, Power I said:

Nice way to cherry pick some stats. Brady has one season under 10 wins with two teams. Peyton had 2 under 10 wins with two teams that didn't include his final year of 7-2. I guess with Brees having 8 seasons over 10 wins and 11 seasons under it makes him a better QB than those two with that cherry picked stat?

Nice way to move goal posts. You just made my point.  What does that tell you? Brady and Manning didn’t have to face too many games with defense giving up 30+ points 

29 minutes ago, Power I said:

Lol really. 2 teams for Brady and Peyton and both their 2nd teams were Super Bowl types teams just needing a QB. Get real dude.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Brees 27%
Ryan 23.2 %.
Brady 14%
Sub par defenses my ***.

A little bit misleading ,,, Think about it for a minute.. A great O# helps it's D# more than anything else.. If the O# controls the Clock ,, And has long consuming time drives .. That keeps the D# fresh and much stronger through out the whole game..  I have posted this same thought before when fans try to blame the D# when in reality the O# had a sorry game and that leaves our D# very weak  and worn out by the 4th Quarter..  And this is the second time I've posted this truth..  A Great O# is your best D# !!    :shrug:

2 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I hear you on Matt. He has always been somewhat underrated. I agree hes never had the strongest arm or most athletic, but good enough for sure. Did he look bad at times last year? Sure I think so, but so did the whole team. We looked defeated to many times and I saw a QB in Ryan trying to hard to make things happen and in fact he was making mistakes he normally wouldnt. You have to admit Dirk was and is terrible. I think with the new coaches alone we are a 7-10 win team if we ran it back. Are we a SB team with the new coaches? No, but I believe we are a lot closer than people think. 

We will either go 2 ways. Build in FA and draft well to win it over the next few years or we will start the rebuild. If we draft a QB at 4 and he is great, I am ok with that. That also tells me when are rebuilding and Matt is gone and Julio should be to. No need in keeping aging players with big contracts at that point.

To me it is as simple as this:

Is the Falcons roster going to be good enough in next two years to win a SB?

If the answer to that is “NO” then Matt & Julio being dealt as soon as economically feasible(probably 2022) is the way to go - regardless of what you do at #4.

I have made no bones about it that Justin Fields will be elite and a star in the NFL.  I am “putting it out there” into the TATF ecosphere.   If I am wrong, I am wrong - but strongly believe it to be correct.   I see the opportunity to draft Justin as a long-term game changer for the Falcons.   Not worried about 2021.

Just now, Draftnut57 said:

A little bit misleading ,,, Think about it for a minute.. A great O# helps it's D# more than anything else.. If the O# controls the Clock ,, And has long consuming time drives .. That keeps the D# fresh and much stronger through out the whole game..  I have posted this same thought before when fans try to blame the D# when in reality the O# had a sorry game and that leaves our D# very weak  and worn out by the 4th Quarter..  And this is the second time I've posted this truth..  A Great O# is your best D# !!    :shrug:

You would have had a point if Falcons were trailing in time of possession. Falcons have been in top 5-top10 consistently in third down conversion snd time of possession. Problem is the Falcons third down defense has been the worst in NFL most of the years. Not just worse, historic worse in some seasons.

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

To me it is as simple as this:

Is the Falcons roster going to be good enough in next two years to win a SB?

If the answer to that is “NO” then Matt & Julio being dealt as soon as economically feasible(probably 2022) is the way to go - regardless of what you do at #4.

I have made no bones about it that Justin Fields will be elite and a star in the NFL.  I am “putting it out there” into the TATF ecosphere.   If I am wrong, I am wrong - but strongly believe it to be correct.   I see the opportunity to draft Justin as a long-term game changer for the Falcons.   Not worried about 2021.

See I believe if we add the right players, draft well and with the new schemes we could win a SB in 2-3 years. Possibly be a playoff team next year. If you go QB at 4, the team does not believe that and plan on rebuilding and should start getting rid of people as soon as they can.

I don't watch enough college to say a lot on Fields or many others. I see the talent, but he does scare me a little. If he is what you say he is and the coaches and gm see it then yeah it would be a no brainer. Would you trade up for him? No way he is there at 4 if that is what he is.

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

You would have had a point if Falcons were trailing in time of possession. Falcons have been in top 5-top10 consistently in third down conversion snd time of possession. Problem is the Falcons third down defense has been the worst in NFL most of the years. Not just worse, historic worse in some seasons.

Well , I understand that and see your point..  But truthfully ,, a great team has to have a great O# in order to be a great team.. Those long consuming drives by any great O# will wear out the opposing D#s every time..  And most of the time the team who controls the clock with their O# will win. I'd like to know the real percentage of that statistic , if some one could find that , it'd be good to see...