I do this quite often. Let's just wait until draft day. There is no right or no wrong decision right now. What we have is a situation that will play out in a particular fashion. The Falcons have to make a choice and hope it's the right move. 

We have seen young drafted QBs turn out to be the right move. Rodgers was the right move from Green Bay, despite his draft day fall. Mahomes was right for KC despite him being really kind of a dark horse QB out of a spread system. Lamar Jackson was right for Baltimore despite some wanting to see him do something other than play QB.  Josh Allen was right for Buffalo despite his conference and thin college resume.

If the Falcons bet on Ryan and go another route at 4 and Ryan is 3 years of the same as the last two. They will be kicking themselves and nobody on this forum will ever claim to have endorsed or called for the move. Just like you don't hear from the "I want Glenn Dorsey crew".  For the record, I wanted Ryan then, but I think it's time to move on now. He is not Tom Brady. 0 championships, don't think he is going to be a guy people want at 43.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm 57 and married 20 years. I haven't gotten it since Moses was a baby. 😖

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nfl/video/billick-falcons-drafting-a-qb-at-no-4-would-be-huge-mistake/u9zvjmiyim1r1on06204f6e7e

And Brian clearly don’t get it 

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

He's trying to beat around the bush and make a series of threads about making changes to his one and only final mock lol.

No one like @Draftnut57

Lawd help us all if we pick one of the 108 players in his 12 revised mocks.

20 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Lawd help us all if we pick one of the 108 players in his 12 revised mocks.

As long as we don't trade Brian Hill off,  I'll be fine. I know what your thinking.. Gonna be a fun season next year.... our opponents will get strangled with Hill Dust !

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

As long as we don't trade Brian Hill off,  I'll be fine. I know what your thinking.. Gonna be a fun season next year.... our opponents will get strangled with Hill Dust !

He’s a free agent who will likely be gone. You and I were one of the few that liked him. Not flashy, not a world beater, but made some plays. Probably averaged more ypc than Free, Ito, Gurley, Qadre and the other backs during his tenure.

2 hours ago, isproab said:

If the Falcons bet on Ryan and go another route at 4 and Ryan is 3 years of the same as the last two. They will be kicking themselves and nobody on this forum will ever claim to have endorsed or called for the move. Just like you don't hear from the "I want Glenn Dorsey crew".  For the record, I wanted Ryan then, but I think it's time to move on now. He is not Tom Brady. 0 championships, don't think he is going to be a guy people want at 43.

so 3 more 4,500 yard seasons? i'll take it.

12 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

I see both sides.  I think FA will show us more in the coming weeks.  

I take them at face value. Tuesday's comments are what I fully expect to happen. They will do their best to address roster holes (needs) in FA to free them up to focus solely on talent (BPA) in the draft. I think how well they grade themselves on addressing roster needs in free agency will determine the fate of the number 4 pick. If they feel like they have added value that matches their scheme, I think the most likely scenario is they will keep the pick and draft the top player left on their board at 4 regardless of position. On the other hand, if they don't have a warm fuzzy about free agency, I think they may well try to maximize the number of picks they can get. 

I honestly don't think they are sitting in a huddle saying: Okay, question one: Are we drafting a QB at 4? I think who they draft a 4 will be based on their appraisal of the roster...nothing more, nothing less. Fans make QB the litmus test. I don't think the execs and HC will. 

12 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Ok ,, I just thought of one of the best jokes I've ever heard of because of what someone said in this thread,, here it is..  ( There was a bunch of inmates in a Federal Prison.. And every Friday night they would have joke night.. But they only had one joke book ,, So they used this book and they knew the jokes so well, that they would just give the page number of that joke,, One would stand up and say.. 42 !  And the whole crowd started rolling and Ha Ha ing . Another one stood up and said 26 ! Man the crowd went nuts laughing .. Then the next man stood up and said.. 15,, But nobody even hinted a sound with a plain look on their faces.. ,, The man set down feeling like a failure,, So He ask his buddy,, Hey man , why did no one laugh at my joke ??  His friend looked back at him and said,, Well, You know how it is.. Some people can tell Jokes , and some can't ....   :shrug:

LOL!  Draftnut you’re 2 for 2 lately on giving me a chuckle! 😂

14 minutes ago, falcndave said:

I take them at face value. Tuesday's comments are what I fully expect to happen. They will do their best to address roster holes (needs) in FA to free them up to focus solely on talent (BPA) in the draft. I think how well they grade themselves on addressing roster needs in free agency will determine the fate of the number 4 pick. If they feel like they have added value that matches their scheme, I think the most likely scenario is they will keep the pick and draft the top player left on their board at 4 regardless of position. On the other hand, if they don't have a warm fuzzy about free agency, I think they may well try to maximize the number of picks they can get. 

I honestly don't think they are sitting in a huddle saying: Okay, question one: Are we drafting a QB at 4? I think who they draft a 4 will be based on their appraisal of the roster...nothing more, nothing less. Fans make QB the litmus test. I don't think the execs and HC will. 

I completely agree.  

10 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

so 3 more 4,500 yard seasons? i'll take it.

I think we have a lot of people that can't see the forest for the trees.  In other words, they are just not seeing the entire picture.

4-12 after a 7-9 season.  So 11 wins and 21 losses over two years.  52 TD, 25 INT.  Compare that to 2016 and 2017 where he was 58 TD and 19 INTs.  I just see a trend in the wrong direction.  Its a small trend, but when you look at the fact that other young QBs are coming in and making plays or being more consistent/dynamic now, you can see why we end up out of the playoffs.  I can make the argument that Matt Ryan is in the same cluster of QBs last year as Josh Allen, Ryan Tannehill, Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, and Kyler Murray.  They are doing just as much for their team.  Ok, some may not have 4500 yards, but they have a higher completion percentage and throw more TDs with less Ints.  Plus some can use their feet to help out.  Only 12 teams (typically) make the playoffs.  I didn't mention the main guys at QB like Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, Brady.

Again, its a situation.  Falcons can prepare how they want.  Hopefully it works out.

41 minutes ago, isproab said:

I think we have a lot of people that can't see the forest for the trees.  In other words, they are just not seeing the entire picture.

4-12 after a 7-9 season.  So 11 wins and 21 losses over two years.  52 TD, 25 INT.  Compare that to 2016 and 2017 where he was 58 TD and 19 INTs.  I just see a trend in the wrong direction.  Its a small trend, but when you look at the fact that other young QBs are coming in and making plays or being more consistent/dynamic now, you can see why we end up out of the playoffs.  I can make the argument that Matt Ryan is in the same cluster of QBs last year as Josh Allen, Ryan Tannehill, Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, and Kyler Murray.  They are doing just as much for their team.  Ok, some may not have 4500 yards, but they have a higher completion percentage and throw more TDs with less Ints.  Plus some can use their feet to help out.  Only 12 teams (typically) make the playoffs.  I didn't mention the main guys at QB like Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, Brady.

Again, its a situation.  Falcons can prepare how they want.  Hopefully it works out.

Wait till FA bro, I think we will get a more clear picture of what's up at Flowery Branch.

25 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

lol - so if we don't agree w/ you, we don't get it.   okaaaayy.

No honestly I am just messing with you all. I really don't think we take a QB at 4. Its not that I don't want to, I just have a hunch. If we go offensive player I see us going Chase or Pitts over anyone else.

13 hours ago, isproab said:

I do this quite often. Let's just wait until draft day. There is no right or no wrong decision right now. What we have is a situation that will play out in a particular fashion. The Falcons have to make a choice and hope it's the right move. 

We have seen young drafted QBs turn out to be the right move. Rodgers was the right move from Green Bay, despite his draft day fall. Mahomes was right for KC despite him being really kind of a dark horse QB out of a spread system. Lamar Jackson was right for Baltimore despite some wanting to see him do something other than play QB.  Josh Allen was right for Buffalo despite his conference and thin college resume.

I was on the Ryan train also not Dorsey. I would be for drafting a QB now also if Ryan was closer to being done. He will play good football minimum 2-3 years. He could easily play more than 5 years though. He may not be Brady, but its not about the championships. Ryan is actually a better QB he just hasn't every had the defense. 

29 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

No honestly I am just messing with you all. I really don't think we take a QB at 4. Its not that I don't want to, I just have a hunch. If we go offensive player I see us going Chase or Pitts over anyone else.

Hunch?

My hunch is this is a 3yr rebuild and TF is targeting a team built in his image - the way he wants it for 2023.   If my hunch is right,  QB is in play at #4.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Hunch?

My hunch is this is a 3yr rebuild and TF is targeting a team built in his image - the way he wants it for 2023.   If my hunch is right,  QB is in play at #4.

I'd say, confidently, that it's all in play.  Two things I'm loving.  The FA approach, but also the fact that the new regime has ZERO connection with the current players.  None.  And that allows a sense of savagery and doing what is needed.  

They need to field a team that is competitive, they won'ta mail this in.  But, I think some crazy **** is going to happen.  Hold tight bro!!

Typical TATF Discussion. If someone is on par with what you believe, they're smart.

Y'all can hate guys like D-Led all like, but the only thing he has said was to try and trade Matt & Julio. Nobody is s saying that they suck. It's just our cap situation.

If we end up with the same results next season, what will the excuse be?

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Hunch?

So if its is a 3 year rebuild why take a QB now? Waste 3 of his years and good contract? Is it not smarter to build a team then get the QB?

14 hours ago, isproab said:

Hmmm... I'll take MR's last 3 years (QBR 92-109 and 4500-5000 yards passing), and a highly improved OL and defense and expect much better results.

You're right in that he isn't Tom Brady, but no one in this draft is or will be.