Just saw Charlie C new Mock .. and I must say it's not too bad

4 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Wow.  Some drafts feel like "This team way down here needs a QB, let's give them ___________".  Crazy.

I suspect this one reflects a combination of Casserly's opinion on Fields along with what he's heard.

I'm dubious about any scenario where Lance goes ahead of Fields, but it only takes one team to fall in love.

2 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

Not sure I’d be all over it but I could definitely understand it. 

Lance is my least favorite QB of the top 5 or 6 after youtubing his games. He can run designed plays, and gets a lot of YAC. He is a hot mess if the protection breaks down and he has to ad lib it. He can throw deep, but he overthrows more than he hits, and in his last game, he didn't hit a single tight window. If they're open he has no problem. JMHO, but he's going to be a project, possibly a lengthy one.

7 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Lance is my least favorite QB of the top 5 or 6 after youtubing his games. He can run designed plays, and gets a lot of YAC. He is a hot mess if the protection breaks down and he has to ad lib it. He can throw deep, but he overthrows more than he hits, and in his last game, he didn't hit a single tight window. If they're open he has no problem. JMHO, but he's going to be a project, possibly a lengthy one.

From what I've seen, I tend to agree.  The potential is certainly there.  He's not ready now though.  If he was the backup and Matt went down, we'd be in a bad way quickly.  

8 hours ago, celtiksage said:

A project just like Jordan Love was. Love also got a lot of hype, even top 10 draft hype. Slid to the 20s and is looking like even that was way to high to draft him. I’m not biting on Lance going this high until I see it. I could see him go anywhere from teens to 30s. 

28 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

From what I've seen, I tend to agree.  The potential is certainly there.  He's not ready now though.  If he was the backup and Matt went down, we'd be in a bad way quickly.  

To be fair if Matt went down I can't think of many backup options that wouldn't have us in a bad way too :lol:

3 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

3 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

A project just like Jordan Love was. Love also got a lot of hype, even top 10 draft hype. Slid to the 20s and is looking like even that was way to high to draft him. I’m not biting on Lance going this high until I see it. I could see him go anywhere from teens to 30s. 

Totally agree here. I didn't realize that about Love. We buy in to the hype so bad, but if we actually watch full game videos (including the bad stuff), some of these guys are a train wreck. I can't remember who it is, but one QB who I thought would be a decent draft pick, fumbled every time he got pressure and tried to evade. That's a slight exaggeration of course, but man they shouldn't be projected so high (or our expectations are so high for what a first rounder should be. Everyone is the next Mahomes, Peyton, Aaron, TB or Brees. When in reality, what we should expect from a mid to late first rounder is a Carr on the high side).

Maybe it's all about the right fit, as we so often see, some coaches are good enough to put these young QBs into situations where they aren't asked to do it all. And then others are just thrown into the fire with a save us mentality.