Jump to content

Just saw Charlie C new Mock .. and I must say it's not too bad


Recommended Posts

Of course most  know on here that I'm a huge Zach Wilson fan.. but it looks like that's not going to happen cuz most mocks  have him going number two to the Jets. Charlie C has in his latest mock us trading with the Panthers , and us taking najee Harris. and if  Wilson's gone I guess I could live with this. What do you guys think ???

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Yeah, you never trade within division. Won't happen. Denver is at 9 and if they don't land one of these free agent QBs in a trade, that's our trade partner.

Yes, way too high for Harris.

Trade back with Miami at 18 for both their second rounder and still get Harris.

Problem is no one knows whats high or low. Every year top 5 projected picks fall further down. Then you have guys like Mahomes and others projected much later go earlier. NFL team draft boards can be entirely different than media shills and YouTube experts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, athell said:

Feel like that's too high for Harris?  8 right?

Also can't see us trading within the division.

No Zach at 4 and no trade up for Zach so I respect that at least!

It’ll be interesting that’s why when TF says BPA maybe in his eyes Harris is that guy.

Everyone else has him in the mid to late part of the round.

BPA how longs a piece of string.

I agree to no chance we make an opponent stronger within our division no chance.

Being a first time GM I’m wondering if or how many contacts he has through out the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Falconsailorman said:

Whoever the Falcons draft TF and AS must love that player. If its Harris 8 that must mean he will because beast. I know don't draft running backs in the 1st but you never know. Falcons should get a 2nd out of it. I'll back whoever the Falcs pick.

Same. I may or may not like the pick(s) personally, but I will like who is doing the picking every single round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Well if it is for a boom...more likely bust type guy like Lance....and you can pillage them for a 2nd this year and a first next year.....I would do it.

Problem with this logic, in my opinion, is why would Panthers overpay us if they can just give the same to the dolphins and get to pick 3. Obviously it takes two to tango, but no team is going to overpay us if they can call the team that picks right before us with the same offer.

I'd be shocked if we traded with Panthers for this reason alone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

on the trade: if we come away with 2 firsts and a second i don't care who we're trading with or what they do with the pick, that's a win for us.

on the pick: najee is a beast but i wouldn't be crazy about drafting a RB that high in a very strong RB draft. i'd wait to see what the rest of the draft brings before overreacting to one pick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

on the trade: if we come away with 2 firsts and a second i don't care who we're trading with or what they do with the pick, that's a win for us.

on the pick: najee is a beast but i wouldn't be crazy about drafting a RB that high in a very strong RB draft. i'd wait to see what the rest of the draft brings before overreacting to one pick. 

Yea and I don't think we would get anywhere near that haul of picks...if that was the return I'd do it in a heart beat lol

Would probably be swapping the firsts obviously, second this year and maybe a 2nd or 3rd next year and like a 4th this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t be opposed to trading down several times this year and accumulating as many good picks this year and next year as possible. Seems that’s what Bill Belichik used to do a lot. 
 

But if you are willing to roll the dice if he is still available after a trade down with Carolina or Denver then maybe take a shot with Lance. I could see the logic in doing that if you made at least one good trade down out of 4. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Well if it is for a boom...more likely bust type guy like Lance....and you can pillage them for a 2nd this year and a first next year.....I would do it.

I would hope if they are dumb enough to help a rival they would be smart enough to get over compensation.

I still think it would be a terrible idea to help a rival at any point though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I would hope if they are dumb enough to help a rival they would be smart enough to get over compensation.

I still think it would be a terrible idea to help a rival at any point though.

Oh yeah....the idea of us trading with the Panthers is silly but if we do.....the overpay is going to be high. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Of course most  know on here that I'm a huge Zach Wilson fan.. but it looks like that's not going to happen cuz most mocks  have him going number two to the Jets. Charlie C has in his latest mock us trading with the Panthers , and us taking najee Harris. and if  Wilson's gone I guess I could live with this. What do you guys think ???

You've got the only user name that I like better than my own.. Awesome.. and Thanks for sharing your faith Brother !

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I would hope if they are dumb enough to help a rival they would be smart enough to get over compensation.

I still think it would be a terrible idea to help a rival at any point though.

It's a dream scenario for me to take several of Carolina's draft picks while they only get a QB. We help ourselves and hurt a competitor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...