Jump to content

Yeah, lets trade Ridley... Sigh...


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

Brown had a TD.. when you're up 31-9, you don't need to pass. Brady only had 201 yards passing. 

 

1 hour ago, jidady said:

Let's not cherry pick. If we do, I'd mention that Godwin and Evans had 160 yards and a TD in the NFC Championship.

The benefit of a deep offense is that you can spread the ball around to the point that people somehow forget about Rob Gronkowski.

 

2 hours ago, athell said:

You're better than the "statz" argument, come on now.

 

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

You have to get there, wouldnt have without them. There they ran the ball with two high rounders...and a top tier TE. Something else this board hates. HelI, according to this board we need a scrambling QB with no targets and a UDFA Runningback and low tier defense. Just coachemup I guess

And the Falcons had one of the all time WRs in his Prime in the Superbowl and they couldn't hold a 25 point lead.

The Bucs didn't win the Super Bowl because of their WRs. They won because of their defense and pass rush.

Honestly I am surprised at this. We've already seen this movie and know how it ends.

Even if you have one of the best offenses of all time it doesn't matter if you can't stop the other team..... and that's been proven time and time and time and time and time again..... but yet we still want to load up on expensive WRs instead of heavily investing in the pass rush and the defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

 

 

 

And the Falcons had one of the all time WRs in his Prime in the Superbowl and they couldn't hold a 25 point lead.

The Bucs didn't win the Super Bowl because of their WRs. They won because of their defense and pass rush.

Honestly I am surprised at this. We've already seen this movie and know how it ends.

Even if you have one of the best offenses of all time it doesn't matter if you can't stop the other team..... and that's been proven time and time and time and time and time again..... but yet we still want to load up on expensive WRs instead of heavily investing in the pass rush and the defense.

Let me ask you this.  Is Julio the reason we lost?

Follow up, if they ran the ball 3x and kicked a FG, would Julio Jones' catch have been one of the most iconic receptions in SB history?

I see your point, but elite WR's aren't the reason teams don't win Superbowls and they sure don't hurt trying to win them either.  As with QB's, roster composition and chemistry have much more to do with team success than individual players but having elite players doesn't prevent you from winning one either.  False correlation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

 

 

 

And the Falcons had one of the all time WRs in his Prime in the Superbowl and they couldn't hold a 25 point lead.

The Bucs didn't win the Super Bowl because of their WRs. They won because of their defense and pass rush.

Honestly I am surprised at this. We've already seen this movie and know how it ends.

Even if you have one of the best offenses of all time it doesn't matter if you can't stop the other team..... and that's been proven time and time and time and time and time again..... but yet we still want to load up on WRs instead of heavily investing in the pass rush.

The Bucs averaged 31 points per game last year, both in the regular season and the postseason. Never said defense wasn't important, but sometimes a good offense helps a defense forcing the other team to become one-dimensional

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

 

 

Even if you have one of the best offenses of all time it doesn't matter if you can't stop the other team.....

KC has made two straight Super Bowls and one won that way...

They also ran TB out of the stadium back when their offensive line was healthy this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

 

 

 

And the Falcons had one of the all time WRs in his Prime in the Superbowl and they couldn't hold a 25 point lead.

The Bucs didn't win the Super Bowl because of their WRs. They won because of their defense and pass rush.

Honestly I am surprised at this. We've already seen this movie and know how it ends.

Even if you have one of the best offenses of all time it doesn't matter if you can't stop the other team..... and that's been proven time and time and time and time and time again..... but yet we still want to load up on expensive WRs instead of heavily investing in the pass rush and the defense.

That's the defense's fault. BTW...the Bucs also has a monster safety duo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/26/2021 at 12:01 PM, kiwifalcon said:

So it’s 2 years now so the narrative changes all of a sudden ok I thought it was 13 years of nothing.How bout the Michael Turner years from 08-12 the team ran the ball well then didn’t they.

More rubbish here upfront.purple

Kiwi - don’t try and act like our OLs have been consistently good with our former GM -  your hero. Our trenches sucked way more times than not during this period. 

Matt Ryan has been sacked 325 times since 2012 which is second most in the NFL during that period. The first spot belongs to Russell Wilson - does that ring a bell with him asking for a trade. Matt Ryan has been sacked more than 40 times each of the last three seasons. Get out of here with that rubbish BS. The whole freaking world knows our trench play and pass rush determined our ex GMs destiny. If you don’t get that part - ask uncle Author why he put him on skids.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Kiwi - don’t try and act like our OLs have been consistently good with our former GM -  your hero. Our trenches sucked way more times than not during this period. 

Matt Ryan has been sacked 325 times since 2012 which is second most in the NFL during that period. The first spot belongs to Russell Wilson - does that ring a bell with him asking for a trade. Matt Ryan has been sacked more than 40 times each of the last three seasons. Get out of here with that rubbish BS. The whole freaking world knows our trench play and pass rush determined our ex GMs destiny. If you don’t get that part - ask uncle Author why he put him on skids.

Stop with BS idiot your narrative continually changes  you bought up trench play had been bad the entire tenure I produce evidence showing other wise and all of a sudden it changes again.

WTH is it you fool the whole tenure or just a specific time frame.

You want to have a proper discussion start looking more the 2’s in front of your face and have a real look.

Since 2012 and in that time the Falcons have had one of thee best offenses in NFL history.See keep going you fool I’ll help you dig the hole deeper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Stop with BS idiot your narrative continually changes  you bought up trench play had been bad the entire tenure I produce evidence showing other wise and all of a sudden it changes again.

WTH is it you fool the whole tenure or just a specific time frame.

You want to have a proper discussion start looking more the 2’s in front of your face and have a real look.

Since 2012 and in that time the Falcons have had one of thee best offenses in NFL history.See keep going you fool I’ll help you dig the hole deeper.

Call it what you like pal.It’s a fact the trenches pretty much sucked during your hero’s era. You can’t erase the past. It is what it is THE STORY WILL NEVER CHANGE. The truth will stand forever. I will stick with my narrative because it’s a fact that you just won’t accept. It’s obvious you have some cognitive impairment. I’d say you need to increase your dosage of Ginkgo Biloba to help you remember the past. But then again I don’t think you want to remember the past. I don’t blame you I hate going 4-12 and 7-9 here lately. On the other hand TD brought us out of the cellar a few times but  put us right back where he started. It was a roller coaster and very mediocre and I know you and others accept that. I want a big time consistent winner and so does uncle AB. He had enough of your rubbish rant and put him on skids and shipped him out of here. 
Go pour yourself a double and let reality set in Mr Dimi Kiwi 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Call it what you like pal.It’s a fact the trenches pretty much sucked during your hero’s era. You can’t erase the past. It is what it is THE STORY WILL NEVER CHANGE. The truth will stand forever. I will stick with my narrative because it’s a fact that you just won’t accept. It’s obvious you have some cognitive impairment. I’d say you need to increase your dosage of Ginkgo Biloba to help you remember the past. But then again I don’t think you want to remember the past. I don’t blame you I hate going 4-12 and 7-9 here lately. On the other hand TD brought us out of the cellar a few times but  put us right back where he started. It was a roller coaster and very mediocre and I know you and others accept that. I want a big time consistent winner and so does uncle AB. He had enough of your rubbish rant and put him on skids and shipped him out of here. 
Go pour yourself a double and let reality set in Mr Dimi Kiwi 

Well what the fark is it.

Is it the whole time or a specific time frame which one ?

You just make ****e up to suit a wrong narrative.

See when evidence is produced you change your tune all of a sudden,so which is it.

The correct narrative if your going to talk trench play is hit and miss.It was his weakness when it came to drafting this talent.Not missed for 13 years because that’s not true.
 

Same old TATF BS when it’s bad it’s all one guy but when he’s good not a peep.

Forget the hero worship BS I just call out and know BS when I see it.

Farken long term fan my ***.Even when the Falcons had decent trench play they didn’t win Jack **** so where does that horse manure your sprouting stand.Of course not because the GMs before him were an absolute joke but yeah keep sprouting BS .I know you haven’t got a Farken clue what your talking about.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Well what the fark is it.

Is it the whole time or a specific time frame which one ?

You just make ****e up to suit a wrong narrative.

See when evidence is produced you change your tune all of a sudden,so which is it.

The correct narrative if your going to talk trench play is hit and miss.It was his weakness when it came to drafting this talent.Not missed for 13 years because that’s not true.
 

Same old TATF BS when it’s bad it’s all one guy but when he’s good not a peep.
 

 

Hear me out.  "The Purge" but only TATF.

ijs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Well what the fark is it.

Is it the whole time or a specific time frame which one ?

You just make ****e up to suit a wrong narrative.

See when evidence is produced you change your tune all of a sudden,so which is it.

The correct narrative if your going to talk trench play is hit and miss.It was his weakness when it came to drafting this talent.Not missed for 13 years because that’s not true.
 

Same old TATF BS when it’s bad it’s all one guy but when he’s good not a peep.

Forget the hero worship BS I just call out and know BS when I see it.

Farken long term fan my ***.Even when the Falcons had decent trench play they didn’t win Jack **** so where does that horse manure your sprouting stand.Of course not because the GMs before him were an absolute joke but yeah keep sprouting BS .I know you haven’t got a Farken clue what your talking about.
 

 

So in spite of the oline being porous as Wisconsin swiss cheese Matt was still able to get the ball to the Wr's and Te's.  He did it with minimum injury.  Face it... the points hid the blaring deficiencies of our oline to block opposing defenses... 

Matt put up with very little to defend him while coaches ran routes that were way to long.

And we also had declining run games.

Your arguments sound like a tin drum... way off base.  But hey... its TAFT.  Where every loss is blamed on Matty.

:shrug:🏈

PS:  anyone that tells me they want to trade Ridley is smoking crack.

Edited by Realsurfin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

So in spite of the oline being porous as Wisconsin swiss cheese Matt was still able to get the ball to the Wr's and Te's.  He did it with minimum injury.  Face it... the points hid the blaring deficiencies of our oline to block opposing defenses... 

Matt put up with very little to defend him while coaches ran routes that were way to long.

And we also had declining run games.

Your arguments sound like a tin drum... way off base.  But hey... its TAFT.  Where every loss is blamed on Matty.

:shrug:🏈

PS:  anyone that tells me they want to trade Ridley is smoking crack.

Oline has been an issue I’m not denying that at all it’s just thee absolutism that it’s been here for 13 years is what I have an issue with.

The fact of the matter TD was fired before the end of the mentioned number is also a misnomer to justify an argument.

TATF is what it is most that I’ve seen of late don’t use context at all.**** the last 3 years which everyone likes to sprout isn’t on talent it’s on coaching.It’s why DQ was the first to face the axe and no one else was bought back.

A lot also work in a singular context when there trying to find fault when all in all every cog in the machine has to work for it to perform.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2021 at 8:14 AM, Sun Tzu 7 said:

 

 

 

And the Falcons had one of the all time WRs in his Prime in the Superbowl and they couldn't hold a 25 point lead.

The Bucs didn't win the Super Bowl because of their WRs. They won because of their defense and pass rush.

Honestly I am surprised at this. We've already seen this movie and know how it ends.

Even if you have one of the best offenses of all time it doesn't matter if you can't stop the other team..... and that's been proven time and time and time and time and time again..... but yet we still want to load up on expensive WRs instead of heavily investing in the pass rush and the defense.

OR when your in position to win a game you call the correct play.

Seattle did the same they chose to pass after Lynch bludgeoned them down to the goal line then Carroll and Bevell got cute much like KS and DQ did aswell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Well what the fark is it.

Is it the whole time or a specific time frame which one ?

You just make ****e up to suit a wrong narrative.

See when evidence is produced you change your tune all of a sudden,so which is it.

The correct narrative if your going to talk trench play is hit and miss.It was his weakness when it came to drafting this talent.Not missed for 13 years because that’s not true.
 

Same old TATF BS when it’s bad it’s all one guy but when he’s good not a peep.

Forget the hero worship BS I just call out and know BS when I see it.

Farken long term fan my ***.Even when the Falcons had decent trench play they didn’t win Jack **** so where does that horse manure your sprouting stand.Of course not because the GMs before him were an absolute joke but yeah keep sprouting BS .I know you haven’t got a Farken clue what your talking about.
 

 

Did you drink five farking doubles? Go back and read my post again. I didn’t say the trenches sucked every year for 13 yrs I said pretty much every year for 13 yrs. 🥂cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...