Yeah, lets trade Ridley... Sigh...

12 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

But you know dam well why I brought them up.  They are highly relevant to the convo. 
So I guess I should have prefaced their mention by stating “the guys who I’m about to mention are causing fits for some due to their contracts & therefore are relevant to the argument because they’re not going to be long term players at this stage” etc.  

Instead I just threw their names out there thinking most folks would just get it...

oh nooooo, not you though!  
🤣

HB3, when I see up and coming, I think youth is all... i'm not all trying to get up in that head of yours with your metaphoric inuendos! 😂

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BPA could be chase in 2021 draft. Trade Julio in 2022, sign Ridley with that money. Chase and Ridley can be locked for years. Edit: Typo. Trade Julio in 2022 not 2021.

The question is not if he is a good player. The question is, do you want to be stuck with another WR contract averaging 20m a year?

I don't think it's a smart question bro... JJ is on his way out.  You're dadgum right I want him.  We'd be fools to let this guy go.    

2 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

HB3, when I see up and coming, I think youth is all... i'm not all trying to get up in that head of yours with your metaphoric inuendos! 😂

Ok fair enough.  You win pudding.  I should have crafted it a bit differently.  Heck I’m too lazy to go back & rephrase the thing though. 😎

3 hours ago, ukfalc said:

Because contrary to the view of many on AFMB, finances always matter. The financial markets at each position are different, and if you don’t know those markets how to find the value in the markets, you simply will not build a team with the starting talent or depth to succeed.

The good teams don’t generally overpay for talent in the most expensive positions (other than QB), because they know that the premium you pay for top tier talent is huge and the extra production you get for it is almost always marginal. They focus on value for money and have clear strategies for finding cap value. 

The others overspend on a handful of big names and end up with top heavy rosters, insufficient talent and depth, and poor records.

I’d agree with that if it weren’t true across the league.

Patriots are pretty much the model for it and no one else seems to have been able to replicate it.

The financial side is important but the coaching aspect moreso.

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Don’t get me wrong here it helps but it guarantees nothing.

13 years again that’s in accurate we had a great run game for the first 5 years with MS and co.

We had a good run game 15-17 and should have had a chip.

See what your sprouting just isn’t fact it’s not.

Ask around - the word out on the street is TD couldn’t build trenches or find pass rushers. Did you hear that? Must be a rumor🤷‍♂️

In my dream world we keep everybody obviously, but I’d rather let Julio go on the back end of his career and give Ridley a market COMPETITIVE but not marker breaking contract. This is all assuming they’d have a plan for #2 receiver that wasn’t Gage. Whether that is a gadget back, a great TE receiver, or someone like Chase.

I just don’t see us getting rid of Ridley when that was probably the best ascension plan TD laid in his entire tenure.

I think the likelihood of our dealing Ridley depends entirely on whom other teams value more. Would they rather have the greatest WR of this generation or the rising star with the less expensive contract?

In a perfect world, we keep both of them and Matt. In reality, something's gotta give.

So, when somebody proposes trades involving Julio or Ridley, it's probably not because of anything either of them did. It's because we're faced with a series of challenging decisions.

I'd hate doing it, but I'd trade either of them for a 1st and 3rd or pair of second rounders. I keep eyeing Miami, which fits our needs like a glove, but they could just draft the WR they like best at #3. I don't know how much a proven commodity matters to them.

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

Ask around - the word out on the street is TD couldn’t build trenches or find pass rushers. Did you hear that? Must be a rumor🤷‍♂️

Hey look at this suck trench play MVP QB and the 7th best Offense in NFL history did you hear and see that or could TD not build the trenches like you continue to think.

https://fb.watch/3Uex875TYq/

More suck trench play.

and more terrible line play just terrible.

30 minutes ago, jidady said:

I think the likelihood of our dealing Ridley depends entirely on whom other teams value more. Would they rather have the greatest WR of this generation or the rising star with the less expensive contract?

In a perfect world, we keep both of them and Matt. In reality, something's gotta give.

So, when somebody proposes trades involving Julio or Ridley, it's probably not because of anything either of them did. It's because we're faced with a series of challenging decisions.

I'd hate doing it, but I'd trade either of them for a 1st and 3rd or pair of second rounders. I keep eyeing Miami, which fits our needs like a glove, but they could just draft the WR they like best at #3. I don't know how much a proven commodity matters to them.

The Ravens are a team I could see making a move on a WR. They just don't draft very good WRs. They've tried and tried and tried to find a receiver or two and keep failing. Hollywood is ok, but he's clearly not a #1.

12 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The Ravens are a team I could see making a move on a WR. They just don't draft very good WRs. They've tried and tried and tried to find a receiver or two and keep failing. Hollywood is ok, but he's clearly not a #1.

I've thought about them, but they're short a third-round pick this year. It'd probably need to involve future compensation, which is good and bad. Next year's draft board will be more settled once we're post-pandemic. But we wouldn't replace Ridley or Julio with commensurate talent unless we used the #4 pick that way, making it a lateral (but forward-thinking) move for 2021.

29 minutes ago, jidady said:

I've thought about them, but they're short a third-round pick this year. It'd probably need to involve future compensation, which is good and bad. Next year's draft board will be more settled once we're post-pandemic. But we wouldn't replace Ridley or Julio with commensurate talent unless we used the #4 pick that way, making it a lateral (but forward-thinking) move for 2021.

They're gonna get a 3rd for David Culley from the new minority hires rules.

47 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

It’s hard case that as they’ve had Ozzie Newsome as there GM one of the better talent evaluators of the modern era struggles in a certain area.DeCosta his protege is the man now.

45 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

It’s hard case that as they’ve had Ozzie Newsome as there GM one of the better talent evaluators of the modern era struggles in a certain area.DeCosta his protege is the man now.

I strongly suspect that DeCosta had been almost 50/50 with Newsome for a while anyway. I mean, he was a finalist here when we picked TD back in 2008. He wouldn't have stayed if he hadn't had enough control.

47 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

They're gonna get a 3rd for David Culley from the new minority hires rules.

That's an excellent point I hadn't considered. And it's two picks, although one of them isn't until 2022. So, they really do make sense as a trade partner.

4 minutes ago, jidady said:

I strongly suspect that DeCosta had been almost 50/50 with Newsome for a while anyway. I mean, he was a finalist here when we picked TD back in 2008. He wouldn't have stayed if he hadn't had enough control.

I’ve seen a interview with Ozzie saying he spent 5 years basically prepping DeCosta for the takeover.Sharing the responsibility and decision making along the way in that time all in efforts for thee eventual takeover.

8 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Hey look at this suck trench play MVP QB and the 7th best Offense in NFL history did you hear and see that or could TD not build the trenches like you continue to think.

https://fb.watch/3Uex875TYq/

More suck trench play.

and more terrible line play just terrible.

2 decent OLs in 13 yrs

Zero pass rushers in 13 yrs

1 top defense in 13 yrs

Results = 13 yrs of mediocrity 

TROFFED

I'm reminded of something our new GM's former team did. In 2014 they used the #20 overall pick on WR Brandin Cooks. He had a solid rookie season and then over 1,100 yards his second and third seasons. In 2016 they used the #47 overall pick on Michael Thomas. He immediately put up 1,100 yards as a rookie. 

So what did the Saints do? Did they keep both since they were both good? No. They traded Cooks for a 1st rounder that ultimately became RT Ryan Ramczyk. That accomplished two things. First, they spread their resources around multiple position units rather than loading up at one. Second, they saved money by trading a player about to need a contract extension for a player who wouldn't for a while. If they kept Cooks, they would have had to extend him by 2018 or 2019 at the latest. Ramczyk doesn't need an extension until 2021 or 2022. 

8 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And what were their combined stats in said Super Bowl?

You have to get there, wouldnt have without them. There they ran the ball with two high rounders...and a top tier TE. Something else this board hates. HelI, according to this board we need a scrambling QB with no targets and a UDFA Runningback and low tier defense. Just coachemup I guess

4 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

2 decent OLs in 13 yrs

Zero pass rushers in 13 yrs

1 top defense in 13 yrs

Results = 13 yrs of mediocrity 

TROFFED

So it’s 2 years now so the narrative changes all of a sudden ok I thought it was 13 years of nothing.How bout the Michael Turner years from 08-12 the team ran the ball well then didn’t they.

More rubbish here upfront.purple

27 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

So it’s 2 years now so the narrative changes all of a sudden ok I thought it was 13 years of nothing. How but the Michael Turner years from 08-12 the team ran the ball well then didn’t they.

More rubbish here upfront.purple

Agreed. I don't like the narrative that the Falcons never had a good OL. I'd say they were at least decent 50% of Ryan's career with peaks 2008-2011 and 2016-2017. 

1 minute ago, Summerhill said:

Agreed. I don't like the narrative that the Falcons never had a good OL. I'd say they were at least decent 50% of Ryan's career with peaks 2008-2011 and 2016-2017. 

It’s just not true.

Even those early years they were holdovers from the last regime but TD and co had the right idea paying a RB yes a RB in Turner big money to come in and do what he did.You imagine if any GM did that today they’d get crucified by there fanbase.

Turner and Mack were probably TDs best FA moves that helped trench play here.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And what were their combined stats in said Super Bowl?

Let's not cherry pick. If we do, I'd mention that Godwin and Evans had 160 yards and a TD in the NFC Championship.

The benefit of a deep offense is that you can spread the ball around to the point that people somehow forget about Rob Gronkowski.