Yeah, lets trade Ridley... Sigh...

9 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Yeah we should get rid of everyone of our studs when the rookie contracts are over.

I just want to keep the guy.  He’s producing nicely.  He gets results & is an offensive playmaker.

LOL it’s not a big deal for me but we have some who just cannot handle the thought of it.

If they trade him so be it.  But I hope they don’t.  One thing about me is I’ll get over it & I don’t have to be right.  

When's the last time the falcons let anything resembling a stud or even above average player walk? Everybody wants us to be like the pats In theory, but never in practice.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BPA could be chase in 2021 draft. Trade Julio in 2022, sign Ridley with that money. Chase and Ridley can be locked for years. Edit: Typo. Trade Julio in 2022 not 2021.

The question is not if he is a good player. The question is, do you want to be stuck with another WR contract averaging 20m a year?

I don't think it's a smart question bro... JJ is on his way out.  You're dadgum right I want him.  We'd be fools to let this guy go.    

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I mean the hardest thing is do you think he can be a mainstay of the team if he holds that value it’s a no brainer to keep him and pay him.

Thing is we hit nicely on the Ridley pick.  It's a sealed deal & we get awesome production & touchdowns from this guy.  So let's let him go & dump him because he has a contract coming up.  Lord I tire of the folks who scream about Julio not scoring & all kinds of stuff that this team isn't performing on O like they should & lo & behold let's get rid of the guy whose our playmaker.  Derpty derpity dorp...  OK fellas.  

Hold on for a sec... It's not about the talent...

Uh it sure as fk is bromeister!  It's always about the talent.  

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

When's the last time the falcons let anything resembling a stud or even above average player walk? Everybody wants us to be like the pats In theory, but never in practice.

So name all the up & coming Offensive playmakers we have right now besides Crid & MR?

JJ is one, soon gone & off the books.  RB's pffft!  We got our new TE at a very reasonable contract.  

Agreed we have Mack whose not long with a future contract & probably replaced by Hennessy.  

Two rooks at G & RT.  A LT is always a key spot that must get paid.  

But you want to whack Ridley because he's been nothing short of great for this team because your skeered in theory.

I want to keep the dude in theory because he's bad *** and just kills it against our division rivals.  

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Apples and oranges. For us it's the players, not the scheme of a once in a lifetime coach. The Pats have unleashed some turds to other teams that were exposed after the trades, but even their drafting never took advantage of those trades like they should have. Shafting them for Sanu was like a taste of their own medicine, like they did with Troy Brown, Cassell, etc

2 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

So name all the up & coming Offensive playmakers we have right now besides Crid & MR?

JJ is one, soon gone & off the books.  RB's pffft!  We got our new TE at a very reasonable contract.  

Agreed we have Mack whose not long with a future contract & probably replaced by Hennessy.  

But you want to whack Ridley because he's been nothing short of great for this team because your skeered in theory.

I want to keep the dude in theory because he's bad *** and just kills it against our division rivals.  

Matt Ryan is up and coming? Gotta get some popcorn...brb

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

The last 2 SB winners is a good staring point. Arguably the 2 best WR corps in the league.

Fair but I attribute both those teams success to the QBs/Defense. Tyreek is great but I just don’t look at the Chiefs and think he’s a main reason for them winning. Same goes with the Bucs WRs.

Chiefs defense haulted that Shanny offense and obviously we all saw what the Bucs did. Plus the talents of Mahomes/Brady.

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

This fan base makes absolutely zero sense. Constantly complaining about the cap yet absolutely terrified of letting any slightly above average player walk or be traded.

In actuality, I don't live in fear & am terrified of nothing.  Seems to me the only folks who are terrified are the ones who are scared of Crid staying & getting past his rookie deal.  Your statement is an overhyped generalization that just backfired. 

4 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Fair but I attribute both those teams success to the QBs/Defense. Tyreek is great but I just don’t look at the Chiefs and think he’s a main reason for them winning. Same goes with the Bucs WRs.

Chiefs defense haulted that Shanny offense and obviously we all saw what the Bucs did. Plus the talents of Mahomes/Brady.

The Chiefs defense? Ehh Jimmy G had more to do with that performance than the Chiefs defense. Chiefs would won because of Pat Mahomes

19 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Its simply about resource allocation for some. We tie a lot up in our wr spot and then complain about the defense and ol. I'd much rather have a good defense and less talented wrs than I trash defense and 2 all pro receivers...wrs just cannot win games by themselves

Exactly.

I hope the price is right to keep Ridley, but If the price is too steep then so be it. 

If I am paying top tier of a money for a skilled position player other than QB, I’d much rather pay if for a top TE than a top WR. The top of the market is cheaper at TE than WR, leaving more money to spend elsewhere, and I think you get more all around  production from the position.

8 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I clearly said in this thread that I don't necessarily want to, but if the new coach wanted to go in a different direction while gaining a boat load of picks in the process that it makes sense given out cap situation....I also named my dog ridley so let's stop pretending I said to cut him or something.

26 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

No....but did KC get their butt handed to them with three OL starters out for the SB? We would never know in ATL since our OL and DLs pretty much sucked for the last 13 years. You need good trench play to win SBs not necessarily WRs. Ridley gives TF lots of options. I’ll let him figure it out  not a bunch of know it all’s on a message boards. 

Don’t get me wrong here it helps but it guarantees nothing.

13 years again that’s in accurate we had a great run game for the first 5 years with MS and co.

We had a good run game 15-17 and should have had a chip.

See what your sprouting just isn’t fact it’s not.

6 minutes ago, ukfalc said:

Exactly.

I hope the price is right to keep Ridley, but If the price is too steep then so be it. 

If I am paying top tier of a money for a skilled position player other than QB, I’d much rather pay if for a top TE than a top WR. The top of the market is cheaper at TE than WR, leaving more money to spend elsewhere, and I think you get more all around  production from the position.

How bout just paying good money for good football players position regardless how bout that.

Position shouldn’t matter good football players deserve to be compensated just like any profession in life.

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

How bout just paying good money for good football players position regardless how bout that.

Position shouldn’t matter good football players deserve to be compensated just like any profession in life.

Because position matters when you build a team. That's like saying let's not run a scheme and let players play. Scheme dictates positional importance.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Because position matters when you build a team. That's like saying let's not run a scheme and let players play. Scheme dictates positional importance.

Talent and coaching matter more than position.

That’s why you build around key people not position.

Players get over payed in this league all the time.If the Falcons see Ridley is a guy they can build around I wouldn’t hesitate much like Julio there’s no difference.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The chiefs leading receiver was a tight end. Should we draft pitts?

Also the best TE in the NFL. You really think that means that Hill, and the gang aren’t very good? Doesn’t Kelce as an example say we shouldn’t need to waste the number 4 pick on a TE? 

I am not advocating taking a WR at 4 at all, just answering the question asking if teams w elite WR talent win SBs.

22 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

That’s fair. I was just answering the question really. Doesn’t mean you need a top WR corps to win it all obviously, but coincidentally the last 2 winners had great receivers at the QBs disposal...they also happened to have arguably the best QB in the game now and the beat QB ever so...

4 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Maybe somebody can do a poll.  But I am seriously trying to get my head around the this lunacy. Dude is a TD machine with ridiculous skills.

Ridley, by every measure,  has been money since becoming a Falcon & yet there are a few who have a propensity to dismiss the guy as trade bait straight up... WTH?

He's been as productive as any in the league since his first season in 2018.  Where do you guys come up with this silly stuff?  

You cannot help but notice in the following vids how talented he is & for the MR nutcases, you cannot help but notice just how underrated MR is as well.

Not only is he a Saints killer, but there are no corners who can stay with him one on one in a full game.   Watch these vids & tell me we need to get rid of this guy...

The way I have come to see it, if the Falcons develop a player into a very productive player or superstar, some want to trade him. I guess some Falcons fans are anti-superstar, at least when they are Atlanta Falcons. If a player does not perform, they say cut him. If a player does perform and perform well, they say trade him. No under or over performing players allowed. Oh well.

We should only keep players that can be purchased at dollar general.... the type that are cheap and break easily.  Like the sad sacks Quinn and TD would come up with... Haaaaaaa

Ridley is a diamond... a cut above the  norm.  He is extremely productive and affordable.  Those looking to trade him are out of their minds or smoking too much crack.

:munch:

59 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Because contrary to the view of many on AFMB, finances always matter. The financial markets at each position are different, and if you don’t know those markets how to find the value in the markets, you simply will not build a team with the starting talent or depth to succeed.

The good teams don’t generally overpay for talent in the most expensive positions (other than QB), because they know that the premium you pay for top tier talent is huge and the extra production you get for it is almost always marginal. They focus on value for money and have clear strategies for finding cap value. 

The others overspend on a handful of big names and end up with top heavy rosters, insufficient talent and depth, and poor records.

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

Matt Ryan is up and coming? Gotta get some popcorn...brb

I named MR & JJ as they are in the twilight years & could potentially come off the books soon which obviously furthers the point you are so vigorously in denial of hearing.  Sigh.  
But please do pretend you aren’t aware of why I eluded to them. Geesh.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I clearly said in this thread that I don't necessarily want to, but if the new coach wanted to go in a different direction while gaining a boat load of picks in the process that it makes sense given out cap situation....I also named my dog ridley so let's stop pretending I said to cut him or something.

So glad to see you’d like to keep him then. Awesome!

1 hour ago, JCITOW said:

The way I have come to see it, if the Falcons develop a player into a very productive player or superstar, some want to trade him. I guess some Falcons fans are anti-superstar, at least when they are Atlanta Falcons. If a player does not perform, they say cut him. If a player does perform and perform well, they say trade him. No under or over performing players allowed. Oh well.

It’s weird ain’t it?  
Now I make a pro Rid thread & the defensiveness begins.  Shrug...

37 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I named MR & JJ as they are in the twilight years & could potentially come off the books soon which obviously furthers the point you are so vigorously in denial of hearing.  Sigh.  
But please do pretend you aren’t aware of why I eluded to them. Geesh.

You said up and coming about Crid and MR. Maybe you meant something else. Dunno

Just now, Mister pudding said:

You said up and coming about Crid and MR. Maybe you meant something else. Dunno

But you know dam well why I brought them up.  They are highly relevant to the convo. 
So I guess I should have prefaced their mention by stating “the guys who I’m about to mention are causing fits for some due to their contracts & therefore are relevant to the argument because they’re not going to be long term players at this stage” etc.  

Instead I just threw their names out there thinking most folks would just get it...

oh nooooo, not you though!  
🤣