Yeah, lets trade Ridley... Sigh...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BPA could be chase in 2021 draft. Trade Julio in 2022, sign Ridley with that money. Chase and Ridley can be locked for years. Edit: Typo. Trade Julio in 2022 not 2021.

The question is not if he is a good player. The question is, do you want to be stuck with another WR contract averaging 20m a year?

I don't think it's a smart question bro... JJ is on his way out.  You're dadgum right I want him.  We'd be fools to let this guy go.    

Just now, Summerhill said:

It would work out great if the Falcons were planning on winning the Super Bowl this season. 

They are not sitting there thinking they can’t win. Win enough games, get in playoffs. Anything can happen. Every one was saying same in 2016 off season. 

3 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

Chase is definitely a long term pick. The question is if you do that, is Ridley a long term player, too? 

This will be Ridley's 4th year, making about $3.2 million. If his 5th year option is picked up, it will be $11 million. Jones' contract will be up after that year. We will be able to sign him if that's the direction we want to go

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Even still. The rest of their receivers don't average 4 mil.

There's no question in order to win it all you have to have a lot of players outplaying their salary. In this case Evans had a valley in his contract structure that doubles for next season, Godwin was in the last year of his rookie contract, Gronk was playing for the only team he would play for, and Antonio Brown was radioactive to any team without Saint Brady to take the heat off him. Not easy to replicate. 

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The vikings did the exact same thing with diggs and ended up with all pro justin jefferson on a rookie contract plus a 4th, 6th and next year's 4th rounder instead of 15 mil a year diggs. You cannot be scared to get rid of good players unless you expect to be in cap **** every year. 

End of thread. I don't even necessarily want to get rid of Ridley, but for a long time the Falcons have been a country club where every good player gets a huge new contract. Some teams let good players go. 

2 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

End of thread. I don't even necessarily want to get rid of Ridley, but for a long time the Falcons have been a country club where every good player gets a huge new contract. Some teams let good players go. 

I don't either, I named my **** dog after him so it's not like I'm itching to get rid of him but we cannot fix this cap situation and expect to resign everybody at the same time. The only way to fix it is lots of players on cheap contracts and those players are draft picks 90% of the time

5 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

I really don't think Ridley would command Julios Salary... he should command a 2nd tier salary not a HOF salary.. 

NFL salaries generally operate on a "who's next" basis. If you're among the top 2-3 free agent players at a position, you're signing a huge deal.