Yeah, lets trade Ridley... Sigh...

Maybe somebody can do a poll.  But I am seriously trying to get my head around the this lunacy. Dude is a TD machine with ridiculous skills.

Ridley, by every measure,  has been money since becoming a Falcon & yet there are a few who have a propensity to dismiss the guy as trade bait straight up... WTH?

He's been as productive as any in the league since his first season in 2018.  Where do you guys come up with this silly stuff?  

You cannot help but notice in the following vids how talented he is & for the MR nutcases, you cannot help but notice just how underrated MR is as well.

Not only is he a Saints killer, but there are no corners who can stay with him one on one in a full game.   Watch these vids & tell me we need to get rid of this guy...

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

The question is not if he is a good player. The question is, do you want to be stuck with another WR contract averaging 20m a year?

This is the question.  And one Flowery Branch is probably pondering.  Have to look into the future.

5 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

The question is not if he is a good player. The question is, do you want to be stuck with another WR contract averaging 20m a year?

I don't think it's a smart question bro...

JJ is on his way out.  You're dadgum right I want him.  We'd be fools to let this guy go.  

This isn't a question of player talent.  This is a question of team building.  I'm not even saying it is the correct move, but you should explore every avenue with respect to improving this team.  Remember we finished last year with 4 wins with Ridley as our leading receiver for most of the year. 

6 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

How often does having an elite WR core lead to SBs? Legitimate question. I feel it’s really rare.

I dunno, but ask KC.  They have a couple.  Evans comes to mind.  You ain't getting there without a few good ones I bet.  Whether that is a TE or WR, you need them man.  You cannot be one dimensional.  

Did you even look at the vids... no.

But anyways.  My point is he is a keeper.  He's not the be all end all.  I just don't appreciate acting as if he's expendable because of his upcoming contract.  He doesn't have to be a part of the overhead we're cutting.  I see more value in him than you do obviously.  Go watch the vids & see for yourself brother PrimeTime.

16 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

BPA could be chase in 2021 draft. Trade Julio in 2021, sign Ridley with that money. Chase and Ridley can be locked for years.

By the time Chase's rookie contract is up, you're looking at roughly $40 million per year for two players at the same position. The cap for the whole team is around $200 million. 

OK before I get patronized again with the "this isn't about talent but all about contract" thingy again... I am fully aware that he is up for a contract & I say he is not one of the cuts or trades we make.  I strongly feel he is a keeper & we can cut other areas.  I see him as too much of an asset to the team to be a player that moves on in order to stay cap friendly.  

This is about talent & we need talent to be a contender.  He's too good imo.  I bet the saints & division rivals would agree with your philosophy though.

1 minute ago, Summerhill said:

By the time Chase's rookie contract is up, you're looking at roughly $40 million per year for two players at the same position. The cap for the whole team is around $200 million. 

By the time chases rookie contract is up, Ridley will likely be gone and the cap might be close to 300 M. 

7 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I dunno, but ask KC.  They have a couple.  Evans comes to mind.  You ain't getting there without a few good ones I bet.  Whether that is a TE or WR, you need them man.  You cannot be one dimensional.  

But anyways.  My point is he is a keeper.  He's not the be all end all.  I just don't appreciate acting as if he's expendable because of his upcoming contract.  He doesn't have to be a part of the overhead we're cutting.  I see more value in him than you do obviously.  Go watch the vids & see for yourself brother PrimeTime.

Tons of teams have won super bowls with just average receivers. Brady has won with deion branch as his #1% multiple times. The eagles won with what? Alshon jeffery as their #1. The Seahawks won with Doug baldwin, the ravens won with torrey smith. The giants won with victor cruz....this is in the last 10 years.....

18 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Why would I need to look at highlight videos of games I watched from start to finish? 

KC has Mahomes and Bucs have Brady. The greatest of all time and potentially at one point another guy who will be in that discussion.

3 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

And if we drafted Chase, only Julio would be making bank this year, no?

It fits much better than BPA QB who is warming the bench. WR with Julio and Ridley is strength but adding to the strength. That lets them move on from Julio Next year and also gives cushion if they can’t sign Ridley to longer term deal.

This would usually be the best time to sign him to an extension - as he’s basically under contract for 2 years so we have decent leverage. He gets more money upfront  in 21 & 22 and we get extra years without paying top $.