Russell Wilson Trade Destination: Saints

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aren't the Saints in worse cap shape than we are?

I need great qbs to stop coming to our division. I do not approve of this. 

"How would you feel about Russell Wilson joining the @Saints?"

20 hours ago, octoslash said:

I almost always agree with you but for the life of me I can't understand what you have seen or heard that would lead you to this conclusion.

It's excerpts like this from articles about Russell Wilson:  It uncovered some more tension between Russell Wilson and some on the defense filtered through new anecdotes such as the idea Wilson would tell on his teammates to management and old stories retold with slightly new info like Wilson and Sherman's now-infamous practice run-in where Wilson was told he "f----in sucked" after Sherman intercepted him.

https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/ContentGallery/Russell-Wilson-locker-room-divide-reaction-121541695/#121541695_1

On 2/25/2021 at 11:23 AM, Dirtybird56 said:

It’s got (essentially) nothing to do with saving cap or financial reasons. It’s because star players are realizing their worth and the power that comes with it, so they have certain levels of expectation they want met. Watson wants out of Houston because he doesn’t trust ownership and wanted to have input on the new FO, was told he would be able to give his input and then was never consulted

Russ, according to current rumors, wants out because of offensive philosophy/structure. He’s sick of getting hit so much (how much is actually his fault?). He asked Carroll after the Bucs/Chiefs SB what they were going to do to fix their Oline and didn’t like what he heard so he went public with that message about being tired of getting hit and wanting to fix the OL. He also reportedly stormed out of a meeting with coaches last season before their game against AZ when his ideas to fix the offense were ignored

Sounds similar to what Lebron et al in nba did....I don’t even watch nba anymore. 

RW is a top QB, but something about him has always seemed inauthentic.

41 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Wilson is upset, because he wasn't given an input on who will Coordinate the Offense. Matt probably should have been pissed about Sark or LeFleur. 

Heard on the radio he wants to operate like mahomes also, wants more freedom. They said when they did that though he threw a lot of picks.

On 2/25/2021 at 11:34 AM, dapanch420 said:

Unless he starts underperforming he aint going anywhere. Wilson is one of those players that can put a team on his back and carry them to victory

Or one of those players who throws an int to lose a Superbowl. What has he done since that SB?  I wouldn't worry too much about Wilson...

17 hours ago, Vandy said:

Sounds similar to what Lebron et al in nba did....I don’t even watch nba anymore. 

RW is a top QB, but something about him has always seemed inauthentic.

He’s fake. I’ve been to their training camps 3 of the last 5 years and he ignores little kids screaming for him. Not even a wave. But when the cameras are rolling he’s all over there being cheerful and humane. 

20 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

It's excerpts like this from articles about Russell Wilson:  It uncovered some more tension between Russell Wilson and some on the defense filtered through new anecdotes such as the idea Wilson would tell on his teammates to management and old stories retold with slightly new info like Wilson and Sherman's now-infamous practice run-in where Wilson was told he "f----in sucked" after Sherman intercepted him.

https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/ContentGallery/Russell-Wilson-locker-room-divide-reaction-121541695/#121541695_1

Russ always look like a detective so I’m not surprised 

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

There was a 2 game stretch this year where Wilson turned it over 7 times. Against the Bills and Rams. He should have won MVP but he fell off a cliff pretty hard 

That was also after Pete Carroll took over the offense meetings again tho. And I’d be fine with a 2 game bad stretch in a 17 game season.