Russell Wilson Trade Destination: Saints

20 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

This trade wouldn't happen.  Russell Wilson will more than likely retire a Seahawk.  But, to me, if there is a trade, it's to Vegas.  

Yup.  Now we will get 2 weeks of RW trade destination talk that will ultimately amount to nothing.  At least now the MR talk can die.  Folks don't understand how the media cycle works lol

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aren't the Saints in worse cap shape than we are?

I need great qbs to stop coming to our division. I do not approve of this. 

"How would you feel about Russell Wilson joining the @Saints?"

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Aren't the Saints in worse cap shape than we are?

Yeah, this isn’t happening. It’d take a team with a ton of cap space and draft picks, not to mention an intriguing prospect at QB in return.

That only leaves Miami (Tua) and the Jets (Darnold) in the mix from where I sit.

58 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

But contracts also rise with the cap though. If the cap were say....$500M, players contracts would start to reflect that. Because from the players point of view, it would be 'well you have $500M to pay 53 of us, we should be paid more.' The only way to avoid this, would be to either eliminate the cap entirely (which won't happen) or give owners the ability to pay whatever they want, but it has to come out of their own pockets vs the league's shared revenue.....and that's a huge can of worms. 

Everything rises, that's true. We will look at Mahomes contract in a few years and be like dang that was it? The bubble will burst at some point. The NFL won't be making money forever.

I agree the cap is good for the game but I do think it needs adjustment so teams aren't in "cap ****" without making crazy contracts that hurt them down the road or take money from players. It's complicated for sure.

13 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Everything rises, that's true. We will look at Mahomes contract in a few years and be like dang that was it? The bubble will burst at some point. The NFL won't be making money forever.

I agree the cap is good for the game but I do think it needs adjustment so teams aren't in "cap ****" without making crazy contracts that hurt them down the road or take money from players. It's complicated for sure.

Mahomes contract is MASSIVE.  And if it keeps going, what's the next one going to be?  Like you said, the Cap will start to see slow or no growth eventually.

3 hours ago, dapanch420 said:

Unless he starts underperforming he aint going anywhere. Wilson is one of those players that can put a team on his back and carry them to victory

Part of the financial strategy of the Seahawks is to not pay for OL because they have Wilson. They lose him, they will need someone who can run fast behind that OL.

4 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Wilson is my favorite non-Falcon in the league. This would be crushing. No shot in **** that it actually happens though. Just offseason chatter.

Can't stand that guy. Might be the fakest sucker in the league. Seems like the kind of guy that would throw you under the bus in a heart beat. 

5 minutes ago, Akod2017 said:

I need this expanded upon. 

We was arguing about pat surtain the other day and dude claimed that he went to bama so he watches all their games yet last year he was arguing something pats related and told us he went to law school in boston so he follows them closely. Naturally every thread got deleted.

4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He's my favorite player so I'd be pretty freaking upset to have to hate him.

If Wilson gets traded, it won't be to the Saints.

It was a report that came out earlier in the week that 3 1st round picks would be the starting point for a potential Wilson trade.

Saints would not be able to compete against Brady and the Bucs if they gave up that much capital plus more. Probably a good player or two and have to make room to carry Wilson's contract because they already have a few key guys they have to pay.

3 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Can't stand that guy. Might be the fakest sucker in the league. Seems like the kind of guy that would throw you under the bus in a heart beat. 

I almost always agree with you but for the life of me I can't understand what you have seen or heard that would lead you to this conclusion.

8 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This would not be great. Wish the Falcons could make some of these players destination lists

I went over to their board to see if the fans were receptive to the idea. They were salivating over it and willing to give up the farm to get Russ.