Olamide Zaccheaus-NFL Most Underrated Player?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Under rated? Perhaps. Elite? Come on now...

I think he shows how many potentially excellent skill players that the college ranks are churning out.  

Like, honestly. When we get this kid the ball, good things happen. His first reception was a 97 yarder. Had a 100-yard game this season. Held the record at his college for most receptions... and went

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

Not to knock Gage, but I like Olamide's upside more. Maybe not better than Calvin or JJ but at least deserving of WR3.

As much as some like to believe that some players are kept down because they weren't drafted by the HC or GM to be the answer at a particular position is probably right only to a very minute degree.  I have to believe that for the most part, the positional hierarchy of the depth chart is usually set because God given talent tends to show itself day in & day out on the practice field.  It's usually clear to all who the studs are man.  I mean that's just the way it is.  You've played sports in your life probably... 

3 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

As much as some like to believe that some players are kept down because they weren't drafted by the HC or GM to be the answer at a particular position is probably right only to a very minute degree.  I have to believe that for the most part, the positional hierarchy of the depth chart is usually set because God given talent tends to show itself day in & day out on the practice field.  It's usually clear to all who the studs are man.  I mean that's just the way it is.  You've played sports in your life probably... 

I have. I remember this one kid, straight up fire at practice.

Total season he didn't get one score.

So maybe it goes both ways?

Edited by irrevelantfalconsfan
7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I went back and watched all 22 for our games. Zaccheus is nothing like what TATF thinks he is compared to speed guys in NFL. He is easily replaceable player, let’s see if he can make the roster.

Wait, so you actually took the time to watch 22 Falcons games to watch Zaccheus? Or you talking about the 30 plays he has over said 22 games? Or maybe you just have an overwhelming amount of time to kill?

Just now, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

You can't replace explosiveness.

He isn’t explosive. He made few plays here and there, that’s about it. If he was explosive, with Julio our speed threat going down should have opened up more chances. Like I said, Falcons rank in near bottom of NFL when it comes to speed guys. Look at the fastest Ball carriers and Receivers in  next gen stats.  Let him compete for a spot and I do hope AS and TF get some real speed guys. 

Just now, PointSwayzee said:

Wait, so you actually took the time to watch 22 Falcons games to watch Zaccheus? Or you talking about the 30 plays he has over said 22 games? Or maybe you just have an overwhelming amount of time to kill?

Considering today's predicament, we ALL have an overwhelming amount of time to kill.

1 minute ago, PointSwayzee said:

Or just watch offensive plays every week. Lol. Takes less than 30 mins

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

He isn’t explosive. He made few plays here and there, that’s about it. If he was explosive, with Julio our speed threat going down should have opened up more chances. Like I said, Falcons rank in near bottom of NFL when it comes to speed guys. Look at the fastest Ball carriers and Receivers in  next gen stats.  Let him compete for a spot and I do hope AS and TF get some real speed guys. 

Ridley isn't a 'fast guy'? Julio isn't a 'fast guy' even though he ran a 4.42 on a BROKEN FOOT?

1 minute ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

I have. I remember this one kid, straight up fire at practice.

Total season he didn't get one score.

Now that sounds like you're just fudging with me now bro.  

I mean even if your being serious, JJ should score more TD's but there is no denying he's a WR1 superstar.  

The question for now is... who can possibly be our next starting WR next to Crid the kid?  It ain't Zach in a million years & he'll remain a guy in camp hopefully.  

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

Now that sounds like you're just fudging with me now bro.  

I mean even if your being serious, JJ should score more TD's but there is no denying he's a WR1 superstar.  

The question for now is... who can possibly be our next starting WR next to Crid the kid?  It ain't Zach in a million years & he'll remain a guy in camp hopefully.  

Didn't help the kid was a diva, and only played 3 games. But yeah, he had like 7 dropped passes.

2 minutes ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

Ridley isn't a 'fast guy'? Julio isn't a 'fast guy' even though he ran a 4.42 on a BROKEN FOOT?

Which is my point. With Julio missing most of the season, Zaccheus could have stepped up as fast deep threat. With Teams doubling Ridley, he had great chance. He isn’t as good. But hey we should know soon if he even makes the team or not.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Which is my point. With Julio missing most of the season, Zaccheus could have stepped up as fast deep threat. With Teams doubling Ridley, he had great chance. He isn’t as good. But hey we should know soon if he even makes the team or not.

It does not help that Ryan was off more frequently this season.... especially deep throws

Ryan over threw a open Oz vs the Bears that would have iced the game....pun intended.

Oz also did drop a wide open pass in the end zone vs the Raiders....which was annoying.

Overall he was a good player for what we wanted to do... but he had his struggles ...as most young guys do....as a 4th receiver he was solid....I think if you asked him to be a number 2 then you would be hurting.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

It does not help that Ryan was off more frequently this season.... especially deep throws

Ryan over threw a open Oz vs the Bears that would have iced the game....pun intended.

Oz also did drop a wide open pass in the end zone vs the Raiders....which was annoying.

Overall he was a good player for what we wanted to do... but he had his struggles ...as most young guys do....as a 4th receiver he was solid....I think if you asked him to be a number 2 then you would be hurting.

I agree about him being WR 4 or 5, typically a guy fighting for a roster spot. He isn’t what OP is trying to project.
My comment about him has nothing to do with Ryan’s throws. You can watch all 22, and can clearly see he isn’t either open nor doesn’t have the speed to break the top of the defense. 

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

overrated player on TATF. He doesn’t have break away speed nor can get separation. Falcons never replaced Gabriel, Marvin Hall was decent. I do hope they go for a speed threat.

TATF loves scrubs.

Gage got show what he could do on the outside for one reason, the team was looking for upgrade option because Zaccheaus wasn't consistent enough in Julio's absence. 

As a WR4, Zaccheus offers a lot more potential, productivity and consistency than Hardy did.  Hardy held that position FOREVER.

Matt seems to have an affinity for OZ, it would have been interesting to see what he wouldve done with the reps that Ridley and Julios injuries would have given if he hadnt gotten injured himself first.

5 hours ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

Like, honestly. When we get this kid the ball, good things happen. His first reception was a 97 yarder. Had a 100-yard game this season. Held the record at his college for most receptions... and went undrafted. This kid is ELITE. 

Falcons place Olamide Zaccheaus on IR, activate Laquon Treadwell

This dude is stoned out of his mind if he truly believes this.

Excuse me waiter, I'll have whatever he's having.