Mel Kiper at it again with the falcons selecting ...

1 hour ago, blknoble357 said:

Mel Kiper isnt the only media guy saying the Falcons will move up. On NFL Network Radio, there conventional wisdom going around the league that if the Texans trade Watson to the Dolphins, they being the Texans are going to want a QB so the Falcons will have to jump the Texans to make sure that their guy is there. I heard that at least 3 times today.

Cool.  The more the talking heads say thing will happen the less likely thing will happen!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we trade up for a qb, I'm deleting my ******* account.

If this draft is as stacked as advertised at QB, why in God's name would we trade up for one?

When a media turd has nothing of actual substance to add to a conversation, they just pull wild crap outta their behinds to get the fan base riled up & talking about what they said. They don't

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rings said:

He used to legit watch a lot of tape, I don’t think that’s the case anymore.  He used to be pretty set on his opinions on people leading up, now we will waiver more on certain points throughout the draft process.  I’m not saying he was perfect by any means, but he definitely has taken a huge step back.  It’s also more obvious as outlets around him continue to improve and adapt and he hasn’t.

That was ages ago. Jamarcus Russell and Vince young broke him. Jimmy Clausen was just icing on the cake. 

4 hours ago, athell said:

Saw this on GetUp this morning and man Mel does not look well.  Dude was shaky and really didn't look great overall.  Hope he's alright.

This is also the first mock he has ever done WITH trades, so he clearly has no idea what he is doing.  I mean all mocks are shots in the dark, but this one especially...

Sounds like his 18 year old young intern who never watched football came up with this crap.

It’s quiet funny the Kiper take vs what TF has said.The latter has said he has a roster to fill so what would be the point in trading up when your using potential resources to take away from filling the roster.

You know for a guy that’s been doing his job for so long I have thought that pretty much puts the kibosh on what he’s suggesting.

1 hour ago, vitaman said:

When they back check the experts McShay and Kiper rarely do well 

In 2019 McShay came in 16th best and Kiper at 52.

Walter Football had the top 2 with Charlie Campbell as the best predictor and Walter himself at #2.

I saw a list someone compiled of I believe 2015-2019 and Kyle Crabbs was dead last lol.  Mayock was #1.

22 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

If this draft is as stacked as advertised at QB, why in God's name would we trade up for one?

Well, this would be the scenario where the new GM and HC agreed that Wilson is that good and a can't miss guy that they want on their roster(maybe they have him #1 on the Falcons draft board). They would trust that Wilson is their signature mark on the franchise, their legacy.

Do I like a trade up scenario, nope. But all this whining about a theoretical move up is extremely funny and some of the homers are taking out of both sides of their mouths. In one breath we have to trust these news guys, and we trust this new regime 100%. So, is that 100% until they pulled off a move like this and then they are not to be trusted?

If this is their "guy" and this is the pair GM/HC that was the best out there(100's of posts about how these 2 guys are going to change the franchise, and no more sacred cows), then how could this be a move that everyone would not get behind? 

Double ******* standards...that is how:)

22 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Well, this would be the scenario where the new GM and HC agreed that Wilson is that good and a can't miss guy that they want on their roster(maybe they have him #1 on the Falcons draft board). They would trust that Wilson is their signature mark on the franchise, their legacy.

Do I like a trade up scenario, nope. But all this whining about a theoretical move up is extremely funny and some of the homers are taking out of both sides of their mouths. In one breath we have to trust these news guys, and we trust this new regime 100%. So, is that 100% until they pulled off a move like this and then they are not to be trusted?

If this is their "guy" and this is the pair GM/HC that was the best out there(100's of posts about how these 2 guys are going to change the franchise, and no more sacred cows), then how could this be a move that everyone would not get behind? 

Double ******* standards...that is how:)

No matter what happens, I understand that TF and AS know more about football than I ever will.  I trust them to do what is needed.  For me, the draft really doesn't mean much as I know almost nothing of college ball.  FA is what peaks my interest, especially this year.  What they do will tell us slot about how our team is changing and where we are going as a franchise.

7 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

No matter what happens, I understand that TF and AS know more about football than I ever will.  I trust them to do what is needed.  For me, the draft really doesn't mean much as I know almost nothing of college ball.  FA is what peaks my interest, especially this year.  What they do will tell us slot about how our team is changing and where we are going as a franchise.

My response had nothing to do with your quote by the way...I saw it as a good spot to jump in the conversation.

I have been wrong about players more often than I have been right, so I know about as much as the next guy. I see people talking about deleting their account and finding a new team if we draft a QB at #4, let alone a trade up to get a player. If it happens then rest assure, this is the player that TF and AS have identified to be their legacy and future of the franchise.  

Not sure where that is being lost in translation and it  goes both ways as well. If they chose a Surtain at #4 he **** well better be incredible, because not only would he be the "legacy" pick but the QB's that we would have passed on will be on full display week in and week out,  as the Falcons QB continues to age before our eyes.

Tough position to be in for sure!

8 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

My response had nothing to do with your quote by the way...I saw it as a good spot to jump in the conversation.

I have been wrong about players more often than I have been right, so I know about as much as the next guy. I see people talking about deleting their account and finding a new team if we draft a QB at #4, let alone a trade up to get a player. If it happens then rest assure, this is the player that TF and AS have identified to be their legacy and future of the franchise.  

Not sure where that is being lost in translation and it  goes both ways as well. If they chose a Surtain at #4 he **** well better be incredible, because not only would he be the "legacy" pick but the QB's that we would have passed on will be on full display week in and week out,  as the Falcons QB continues to age before our eyes.

Tough position to be in for sure!

I agree.  Ultimately, whoever we select has got to be **** near a lock to be a major contributor. @thanat0s had a great take about the need for the first pick to just be as certain as possible.  As you said, this is a legacy pick.  Great take bro.