Mel Kiper at it again with the falcons selecting ...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we trade up for a qb, I'm deleting my ******* account.

If this draft is as stacked as advertised at QB, why in God's name would we trade up for one?

When a media turd has nothing of actual substance to add to a conversation, they just pull wild crap outta their behinds to get the fan base riled up & talking about what they said. They don't

Posted Images

Wait just a minute. Are we sure this is what Mel really thinks and not just some type of revenge mock he’s showing to get back at Todd McShay for using trades in his? Perhaps Mel wanted to show McShay he, too, could do a mock draft while throwing out there some of then stupidest, ill-informed, most asinine trade ideas ever conceived. 

Mel Kiper isnt the only media guy saying the Falcons will move up. On NFL Network Radio, there conventional wisdom going around the league that if the Texans trade Watson to the Dolphins, they being the Texans are going to want a QB so the Falcons will have to jump the Texans to make sure that their guy is there. I heard that at least 3 times today.

Edited by blknoble357
Editing
1 hour ago, Herr Doktor said:

If Wilson and Fields are basically the same player, why trade up for one or the other?  Since you are theoretically getting the same product.  These mock folks place little or no effort into really looking at it.  But, it drives content hits.  

Waiting for someone to have Wilson as the 1st QB off the board over Lawrence to get some clicks at this point.

3 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

If this happened , I'd be madder than any other time in NFL Draft History.   Trade up to two to get a QB and then my guy goes at number 4..  where we could stay and get TE Pitts..  This is the most out of line draft I've ever seen..  I'm sorry, I just can't lie.

don't apologize my guy, you right.

6 hours ago, Rings said:

In fairness, the draft coverage is what it is today because of Kiper.  It wouldn’t be anywhere close to how we know it today without him, so they didn’t hire him for hot takes, he used to be much more on point.  

This is who he always was. Kiper was just first media troll in, and he's made a lucrative career out of it.

7 minutes ago, jidady said:

This is who he always was. Kiper was just first media troll in, and he's made a lucrative career out of it.

He used to legit watch a lot of tape, I don’t think that’s the case anymore.  He used to be pretty set on his opinions on people leading up, now we will waiver more on certain points throughout the draft process.  I’m not saying he was perfect by any means, but he definitely has taken a huge step back.  It’s also more obvious as outlets around him continue to improve and adapt and he hasn’t.

6 minutes ago, jidady said:

Some fan you are.

If you hope this happens ,Your for sure not a Falcon Fan..Or maybe your wanting for us to have the #1 pick in 2022. Not me!!  That move would be a bomb ,, in the negative way... It would blow our draft plum out of the playoffs .   

6 minutes ago, Rings said:

He used to legit watch a lot of tape, I don’t think that’s the case anymore.  He used to be pretty set on his opinions on people leading up, now we will waiver more on certain points throughout the draft process.  I’m not saying he was perfect by any means, but he definitely has taken a huge step back.  It’s also more obvious as outlets around him continue to improve and adapt and he hasn’t.

He did watch tape and sold a draft guide that had some popularity. His opinions were never respected, though. And then the situation grew worse as it become more obvious that he was up for sale. There were several instances of Jimmy Clausen scenarios where he falsely championed a player due to agent favors.

Kiper was ESPN's first Skip Bayless, a talking head who would say controversial, stupid things in order to catch eyeballs. So, the fact that he's taken a step back from that speaks volumes.

McShay is there because Kiper's accuracy had become a black eye for the channel, and that was all the way back in 2006. It was a good move, too. McShay learned from Gary Horton of The War Room. That dude was legit. Kiper's never been anything but comic relief and an instigator.

Back in the 80s, Dr. Z was the real football analyst for ESPN's draft coverage. Unfortunately, he made an accurate prediction about the growth of steroids during live coverage. They basically dumped him during the next commercial break.

7 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

If you hope this happens ,Your for sure not a Falcon Fan..Or maybe your wanting for us to have the #1 pick in 2022. Not me!!  That move would be a bomb ,, in the negative way... It would blow our draft plum out of the playoffs .   

In that scenario, we probably wouldn't have our first round pick in 2022 anyway. So, it would doubly screw us.